• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!"

In summary, a lot of people think that a gift like a DCB or other higher dollar product is the best gift ever, but others don't see it that way because they think that it is a chore instead.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
How do y'all answer that reasoning? I've had several people say ... OH... I really want that DCB or some other higher dollar product and I say... "well... you could tell your DH and have him give me a call... you know they LOVE to know a gift idea for something you really WANT!" and then I get the I WANT IT but NOT FOR MY CHRISTMAS GIFT! SO... what do you say then?

Tell them they can get it free or discounted by having a show.

I tell them "Then you don't want it that bad"

I'd say they are NUTS! Most of the gifts we get are set aside quickly and forgotten. A DCB (or other item that they want) will remind them each time they use it who got it for them and why!

Silly people. PC is the best gift ever!! LOL

then host a show & get it for free!

KellyTheChef said:
I'd say they are NUTS! Most of the gifts we get are set aside quickly and forgotten. A DCB (or other item that they want) will remind them each time they use it who got it for them and why!

Silly people. PC is the best gift ever!! LOL

I agree it is the best gift ever...but of course we would think that!;)

I so know the feeling. I had a gal give away her Half Price Items because it was Christmas time and she couldn't afford to spend money!! HELLO, use it for people's gifts!!!

A lot of people are of the mindset that gifts should be something fun, not something related to chores. Cooking dinner, for many people, falls into the "chores' category. So even though WE know that the DCB would be a fantastic gift, other people don't see it that way.(My sister had this problem with my BIL. She specifically requested a new vacuum cleaner for their Anniversary, Christmas, and her birthday. BIL gave her jewelry each time. Finally, she had to thump him on the head and tell him that if she was specifically requesting it, that it was OK to give a gift that had a cord attached.)

A lot of women are like that. My mom would have a fit if my dad bought her something like that for Christmas. But, she wouldn't mind if I...or one of my siblings or other relative...bought it for her. It goes back to husbands buying things like vac. cleaners and such...something for the house not a personal gift for the wife. I am not like that. Last year I told my husband I wanted a new tv. He was appalled that I wanted something "everyone could use". But, I don't need anything and that is something I can use that we needed. He also bought me a ring because he felt bad for buying me a tv. Silly man...although I am not complaining about the jewelry.

This year I asked for a Wii and bought it for myself. I got it yesterday and we tried it out last night. I must say it was extremely funny. I have never laughed so hard in my life. We tried out the boxing game first. The kids played and then my husband played. He was huffing and puffing by the end of his game. But, then they wanted me to box and I was in the same boat. You really do get a work out.

Sorry to hijack.

I would just suggest your customers host a show and get it for half-price.

chefann said:
A lot of people are of the mindset that gifts should be something fun, not something related to chores. Cooking dinner, for many people, falls into the "chores' category. So even though WE know that the DCB would be a fantastic gift, other people don't see it that way.

(My sister had this problem with my BIL. She specifically requested a new vacuum cleaner for their Anniversary, Christmas, and her birthday. BIL gave her jewelry each time. Finally, she had to thump him on the head and tell him that if she was specifically requesting it, that it was OK to give a gift that had a cord attached.)

The first year we were married, for Christmas, Rick got me the KitchenAid Stand Mixer I had always wanted. I cried because I was so thrilled.
Some of my friends just couldn't understand why I wasn't upset that he got me a Kitchen appliance ~ I just told them it proved that he really knows me and what makes me happy! A happy wife makes a happy husband!:D (and a well-fed husband too!)

quiverfull7 said:
How do y'all answer that reasoning? I've had several people say ... OH... I really want that DCB or some other higher dollar product and I say... "well... you could tell your DH and have him give me a call... you know they LOVE to know a gift idea for something you really WANT!" and then I get the I WANT IT but NOT FOR MY CHRISTMAS GIFT! SO... what do you say then?

My mom hosted a show and used the FPV to get Christmas presents. Who wouldn't love these gifts! I hope she gives me the stainless mixing bowl set. I have dropped a few hints:D :D :D

Steve (DH) got me a hunting jacket for our 1st wedding anniversary. My parents got me me rifle that same year for my birthday. I personally LOVE practical gifts...others don't...Well, if nothing else, book them for January for after-Christmas!!!!

I'd be one of those ticked wives!
the year we built this house DH came home with a little vacuum for my stairs for valentine's day I tried not to cry, then he had the kids give me the real present diamond earrings. They thought it was funny!
Last year I so looked forward to my 40th and wanted something special.....he gave me season 1 & 2 of desp. housewives and heart earrings from James Avery (love his jewelry but can not wear wires) I have never opened the dvd's (if I had time to watch tv I'd watch it on Sunday night....) I've worn the earrings twice and finally gave them to our daughter.

For those saying I want it but not for Christmas, book 'em for a show! Perhaps they'll see the wisdom in receiving a gift from themselves! LOL... I love practical gifts too... one year DH got me funky socks (he knows my addiction to them), tons of votive candles (we go through candles like candy around here) and underwear... not sexy stuff either... practical stuff. It was perfect!! We tell each other we won't buy the other anything for the holidays but we usually do and it's usually practical and it gives us something fun to open with the practicality of having a use for said gift! Plus, it's often more in our price range than a REAL wish list would warrant. LOL.. I'm hoping for more socks this year... a few of my favs have busted through with holes in the toes.

I think I'm a funny wife, but perhaps not. Watching TV the other night I noted all the diamond and car commercials. I told him "don't you dare ever buy me anything that extravagant" those commercials are riddled with guilt and even insinuating a lack of manhood if one doesn't get something from them... I don't see how incurring so much debt just to show love works... show me you love me by not increasing our monthly bills. LOL... wow... I think I just hijacked this thread. LOL

I love practical gifts too... one year DH got me funky socks (he knows my addiction to them <snip>

I LOVE SOCKS! I have two drawers dedeicated to loverly, fluffy, colorful, fun, seasonal, regular, festive SOCKS! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I love practical gifts too... one year DH got me funky socks (he knows my addiction to them <snip>

I LOVE SOCKS! I have two drawers dedeicated to loverly, fluffy, colorful, fun, seasonal, regular, festive SOCKS! :)

I didn't use to love socks. My MIL bought me a funky pair of Halloween socks one year though and well, that bite grew! I love 'em! Fluffy... colorful... soft... warm... lean & mean with funk & spunk... I still have them contained in one drawer though... they make my old plain socks feel jealous... LOL.

I like socks too! Knee high brightly colored stripey ones! Favorite pair are black knee highs with turquoise gryphons on them. And I have an entire DRAWER dedicated to my collection of the World's Softest Socks. If you don't own at least one pair of these what are you waiting for? They're awesome.

Other special occasions
quiverfull7 said:

Find out when her birthday is, her anniversary, and of course try to get her to book a January show to get it for FREE. Ask her if it would be something she wouldn't mind getting from her children, or friends. Then tell her you would be happy to drop a bug in their ear, plus share with them how they can earn it for FREE or 1/2 price also.
I got a kitchenaid mixer for Christmas two years ago. I LOVE IT! I always buy myself PC stuff for Christmas and tell my hubby "Ok that's my gift!" Since I was disappointed and didn't get my 570 points on that pan adjustment my hubby bought me the whole set 7 and 5 piece for an early Christmas gift. I got them half price since a host didn't want her half price item. Although he can't stand for me not to open anything on Christmas so I know he will end up buying me other things too. :love:
I got a stove and over the range micro for my birthday in September. I got a dishwasher for Thanksgiving last year, not really a holiday for gift giving but mine broke and we always have lots of guests. My DH is so sweet, and generous!!! :love:
My DH is the easiest person to shop for. He loves Christian books, he has his eye on a $200 16 book set of the Entire works of John Owen. I found it on Amazon.

Debbie :D

caynreth said:
I like socks too! Knee high brightly colored stripey ones! Favorite pair are black knee highs with turquoise gryphons on them. And I have an entire DRAWER dedicated to my collection of the World's Softest Socks. If you don't own at least one pair of these what are you waiting for? They're awesome.

I love socks too !! the wilder the better! stripes and dots and prints whatever. my new fav's are black with sparkles.
I now have DD addicted too :)
and just today I put some warm fuzzies on DH's dresser for my stocking.

caynreth said:

I have to admit, I found my abfab pair this past holiday... they're black with purple 'argyle' with little skull n crossbones in the middle of the argyle pattern. Hard to describe but they're so fun. With pants, they look all like regular black socks then *peekaboo*... LOL... before then my abfab pair were tan with little kitties playing all over them but those have definitely worn through the bottoms and toes but I can't toss 'em! They're too cute! DH thinks I'm nuts to keep holey socks. LOL.

World's softest socks, eh? They sound divine!

1. Can I purchase "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products outside of the holiday season?

Yes, all "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products are available for purchase year-round. They make great gifts for birthdays, housewarmings, or any special occasion.

2. Are there any special promotions or discounts for "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers exclusive deals and discounts on "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products throughout the year. Be sure to check our website or contact your consultant for more information.

3. Can I customize the "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products for my specific needs?

Unfortunately, the "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products are only available in the pre-selected bundles. However, many of our products can be purchased separately and can be customized to fit your specific needs.

4. Do you offer gift wrapping for "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping services for an additional fee. Simply add the gift wrapping option to your order and we will take care of the rest.

5. Can I return or exchange "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products?

Yes, our customer satisfaction is our top priority. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your "I Want That ... but Not for Christmas!" products, you can return or exchange them within 30 days of purchase. Please refer to our return policy for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • kristina16marie