• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Tried a Different Format at My Last Show!

In summary, Kris did an abbreviated show where she made the dessert and appetizers ahead of time. She let people talk and tell her their favorite products. She also mentioned bookings and her team.
pcjeanie
Okay, I just couldn't bring myself to do the "no demo" type show, but I could see the merits in an abbreviated show allowing more time for "chatting" with the guests. So I decided to cook 1 recipe while waiting for the guests to arrive (pineapple upside down cake in family skillet). Then I did lots of prep work for the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring. After briefly introducing myself to the guests, I did the demo. Another thing I did differently was make a list of items I'm demoing and have it on the table with page number, item number and price for my reference. Then after putting the ring in the oven, I went around the room for guests intros and product questions. I think people appreciated that my show was fairly quick and relaxed. Out of only 8 guests I got 3 bookings and 1 potential recruit with $400 in sales. The show will be closing on Monday and I was very pleased. People are really busy with kids during the summer and I think appreciated me cutting the show down. I'd also like to try the Power Cooking and did mention that during this show.

Jeanie Gay

Good for you!Well that's great! That's the beauty of having our own business. We can do whatever we feel would work for us. I know I like to cut my time down at shows, even with the demo.
People always appreciate when you get to the point and save them some time. It is a time for them to relax but it's also a time maybe when friends and family can use this time to visit without their kids or without spouses.
It's nice when you have it together like that. Good job, and keep up the good work!
Debbie

Hey!!!Here is an idea. We could start advertising them as Summer Express shows or something like that. Let people know that we respect the fact that they are very busy this time of year, so we cut our show times down without cutting out the quality.

You all are more clever than me. I know you can think up something good!!

I guess I'm still having a hard time with the no-cooking format too....I think you can still have a fast show even with cooking, you just have to pick the right recipes. I'm just so used to 'cooking!'
Last night at my show I made the Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss (yum-o) with the Profiterole Puffs. Everyone was eating just under 1 hr from when I started. That included introductions and such. I looked at the clock and said, wow we just made our dinner & dessert in under an hour, now enjoy:D

What a totally awesome idea!
I have a show on Tuesday next week, so I think I'm going to implement this. I like the "Summer Express Show" idea!
If people see the simplicity they will think "I can do this!" And the sales, "And make money!" And if not that, then book a show of their own....to get the free stuff.

Thanks!

Kris

At my next show I am going to do the intros, make the pull apart bread at the beginning, put it in the oven, run people through the catalog, get the bread, play a game, order, clean up. I am hoping to be in and out in 2 1/2 hours. I am glad to hear this didn't affect your sales!

I too did an abbreviated show tonight. I made the Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps and the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. I made the cake ahead of time and made the Wraps in front of everyone! THEY LOVED IT! I just wish that my show sales and bookings were better this month!

DZmom said:
I too did an abbreviated show tonight. I made the Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps and the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. I made the cake ahead of time and made the Wraps in front of everyone! THEY LOVED IT! I just wish that my show sales and bookings were better this month!

I always do an express show-for 2 years now--I bring the dessert prepared---and a calzone etc. or this month the to die for cheese dip in the pie plate ready in micro in 5 minutes with nacho chips--I talk 30-35 minutes---the catalog sells itself---I let them tell me their favorite product etc..--I talk about bookings ,cookware and doing what I do--had someone sign up today---went on cruise with a balcony---This is a hobby for me--altho I do have a team!!

I feel that if they are inviting people over they really would like to mingle--we have so little free time anymore---I can be done with everything by 8:30 --home by 9--if we start at 6:30 well.......even earlier---I don't cook anything or chop an onion etc in front of anyone--I have been to shows and u aren't even eating by 9--that is discouraging for busy guests---people have left and said they would get back to the host with an order--welll u know how that goes---no one has ever left my show early!!!!-they are impressed when they get tips for things they have--I had one lady say I have been underutilizing my products!!!

I am not saying I am the best there ever was (LOL)--I'm just saying it works for me and is duplicatable!!

I want to make sure I get this right. Okay?
In the past I've loved doing pizza at my shows. It shows a lot of product, I can do it in my sleep, really shows off the stones, and everyone likes it. So do I do the pizza before they get there and then show the products I used? Or do something such as the Profiterole Puffs early and do the pizza in front of them?

Or do you do none in front of them and just go around the room and they ask questions about the products?
Do you have say an onion, a garlic clove, cheese, etc. on hand to actually demonstrate the items?
(That seems like it'd be a waste of food).

Kris

Kris,

My spin on this format was to prepare the recipe while we went around the room and had people talk about their favorite products.

After my usual thank you, paper work explanation and such, I started by telling them what I would be making and quickly showing the tools I'd be using. Next, I asked them to locate their favorite product in the catalog so they could tell everyone the page number and price. I also explained that I might be stopping to show the product they were talking about OR to tell them more about a product I was using.

I think you can prepare a recipe (especially if you can "do it in your sleep") and still get in and out quickly.

Glad it worked for you...I think we as consultants can get stale if we are not always evolving and learning new tricks to add to our shows, the important thing about all of this is that it is sometimes refreshing to step out of the same old pair of granny underware and try on a thong!!

OH I'm always wearing the thong!!!
The profiterole puffs were impressive in the chillzane rectangle server--I filled with french vanilla pudding---sold lots

I am doing the ice cream sandwich torte with butterfinger in the middle this month along with the micro cheese dip--if trip is too far I do prepare it there before guests arrive--then explain how it was done

I wouldn't or couldn't prepare something while the guests were telling their favorites because I need to listen to them ---and as they say something I brought I get it and show or pass----also now that I'm a director I only take the new stuff--except for cookware and caddy of basic tools-because then people at the show can't say I have everything---I say I bet you don't have this or this....LOL

one hosts hubby used her 30% off to buy gifts for employees 2 years in a row
Last yr it was the pizza lovers kits and this yr the sectional server chiilzane--25 of them!!

so remind about the discounts for gifts at any time of yr---he must now give the x-mas gifts early in the year!!

Last edited:
Chef susan said:
one hosts hubby ussed her 30% off to buy gifts for employees 2 years in a row
Last yr it was the pizza lovers kits and this yr the sectional server chiilzane--25 of them!!

so remind about the discounts for gifts at any time of yr---he must now give the x-mas gifts early in the year!!

I LOVE this idea!!!! Wow what a great idea!

Last edited:
What is the micro cheese dip?:confused:

I got the Microwave -To die for cheese dip from my director when a guy for his super bowl PC partay wanted a nacho cheesy dip--not corn bread muffins to go with the chili I made---don't know if it is PC--I give them a slip with recipe on it
It is 1 cup mayo--I use fat free!!!!
8 oz. cream cheese --I use fat free!!
8 oz. colby jack shredded cheese
a few snips of green onion--probably 2 stalks(?)
mix well
spread in stone pie plate
12 ritz crackers in cheese grater and 1/2 cup bacon bits--I use real bacon bits in a bag at wal-mart--but I have microwaved my own and put it thru cheese grater

I put 1/2 of ritz on top then bacon then 1/2 ritz

micro 4-5 minute or til edges bubbly

I serve with small nacho chips--that way one guest won't take it all with one swoop of a huge taco chip!!!

they pretty much want to lick the bowl clean--some say I could just sit down with this!!

great for fundraiser parties too

even as a filler at a show where they will have a lot or a really good customer!!!

What format did you try at your last show?

I decided to switch things up and have a demonstration-style show instead of a traditional party. This allowed me to showcase our products and their uses in a more interactive and hands-on way.

Did the new format have a positive impact on sales?

Yes, it did! By using a demonstration-style format, customers were able to see the products in action and experience their functionality. This led to an increase in sales as they could better understand the products and their uses.

Were customers receptive to the new format?

Absolutely! Customers were excited to try out the products for themselves and loved the interactive aspect of the demonstration-style show. They also appreciated the opportunity to ask questions and see how the products could benefit them in their own kitchens.

Did the new format require any additional preparation or resources?

Yes, I did have to prepare differently for this format. I made sure to have all the necessary tools and ingredients ready for the demonstration, as well as samples for customers to try. However, the extra effort was worth it in terms of the successful show and increased sales.

Will you continue to use this format for future shows?

Based on the positive feedback and results, I definitely plan on incorporating this format into future shows. It was a great way to engage customers and showcase the products in a more dynamic way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• littlemaisyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
punkie1019
  • PC_Megan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
forever their mom
  • MHPampered