• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Tips, or I Won't Make It!!

In summary, the author had two shows and found it to be a pain to haul all of her gear around. She suggests taking what you need for the demo and using the SS bowl set instead of batter bowls. She also suggests investing in the TTA tote and the Spice Rack.
ms_twana
Hello everyone. I had my Grand Opening (1st show) on Saturday, and I had my second show (first one outside my house with people I didn't know well) tonight. I must admit, trying to pack everything up was a pain in the butt. And that bag was HEAVY. I thought I read somewhere that it shouldn't carry more than 20 lbs. Did I read that right?? If so, that sucks because the stuff that comes in the kit is more than 20 lbs.

Lugging all that stuff around was NOT fun for me. And I started questioning whether or not I want to deal with that on a regular basis. So I need some tips for traveling better and lighter. Otherwise, I see this getting old real quick. :grumpy:

I bought the roll case so I don't have to carry stuff. Makes a HUGE difference! I usually do 2 or 3 recipes per show, so I have the roll cart and the New Consultant bag sitting on top and BOTH full!

I love the crate that came with the kit years ago. I would seriously look at what you are packing and see what you can take out. The catalog does a great job at selling things we don't have at a show. Another great tip is to invest in the TTA tote. That way you can sling that over your shoulder and not lug it in your bag.

Thanks for the tips. My Director had a display of products at my show, so I was trying to do that. NEVER AGAIN!! I'm just taking what I need for the recipe from now on, and I'll use the Queen of Shoppers game to help me remember to talk about other products.

The rolling tote would be nice. I just can't afford it yet!

Office Depot or any office supply store has a collapsible rolling crate on wheels with a handle for about $20

you can earn the rolling kit with some PC dollars...Good Luck on your new adventure!!!! It is all worth in the end!!!

Do what works best for you. I pack a lot, but many successful consultants take very little with them. One of the great things about PC is that you can do what you want to do.

I take what I need for the demo (but I make sure my demo utilizes many products) and I use the SS bowl set instead of batter bowls. Those batter bowls are HEAVY! If I need serving bowls/trays, I've been bringing bamboo in place of SA also. I divide my products into 2 carriers - I use the Tote that comes with the kit, and I also use the old red crate. Yes, I make 2 trips from/to my vehicle, but that's much better than hurting my back...and it hasn't seemed to hurt my recruiting either. The 2 things that I do always pack (one in the tote, the other in the crate) full are the TTA and the Spice Rack now also.

I'll just have to invest in those other bags once I get PC dollars!!

Yes, I agree with Becky - those SS bowls are SO MUCH lighter than the Batter Bowl. I originally just bought them so my kit would be lighter - but ended up loving them so much that I use them constantly in my kitchen.

I never take SA unless it is a special like the pumpkin dish. I agree with Becky, again, take the Bamboo instead. They are so pretty (and light)!

I bought one of those collapsible rolling crates at Staples/Office Depot and use that for all my paperwork, cookbooks, door prize basket.

The TTA tote and TTA is wonderful as it just slings over your shoulder. I can usually carry that at the same time I am rolling my paperwork crate.

Good luck - it took me awhile to learn to carry less!

I like to take several products to my shows. I used to have only the NC bag, but I later added the TTA bag and two of the cranberry shopping bags. Yes, that is lot of bags, but preffer to do that than carry less product or use one heavy bag :D

About a year ago, I bought a folding cart (looks like a mini dolly) at costco for about $20 and it has helped me a lot on carrying my bags.

I seem to take a ton of stuff. I really stick to just what I need for a recipe, but it still seems to be a lot. Maybe it's my recipe choices I'm doing, but I like what I make and I don't mind bringing it.I do wonder if it has an impact on recruiting for me. And sometimes I do dishes at the host's home and it does take a while to get it all done and then packed up again. Sometimes I take the dirty stuff home, but it's a lot and so I can't pack it all up the same way. KWIM?I take the Consultant Tote, the Carry All tote, the TTA tote over my shoulder, and a bag with my paperwork. I do it in 2 trips.

I like to take a lot of stuff- having things displayed gives the guests several items to look at and talk about. I also use it as a talking point- "I received these items for free or 50% off as a consultant"- it makes for a good recruiting opener.

I used to take 3 trips from the car, including bags slung over my shoulders--now I'm trying to cut back to one or two trips, usually two. I am consciously trying to lighten my load--good idea to use SS vs Glass.

I take a lot most of the time. Though, I do the occasional show with a small amount. I generally use my first trip in the house to bring the food (I bring already-made recipes) and paperwork. This allows me to see the setup of the area in which I'll be working. If I need to use my table I make three trips back out to the van. If not, there are only two. It's quick and easy for me.

1. How can I stay organized while using my Pampered Chef products?

One tip is to create a designated space for your Pampered Chef tools and products, such as a kitchen drawer or cabinet. You can also use our organizational products, like our spice turnabout or stackable measuring cups, to keep things neat and easily accessible.

2. What are some tips for successfully hosting a Pampered Chef party?

First, invite a variety of people to your party, including both current customers and potential new ones. It's also helpful to offer a theme or focus for the party, such as a specific product line or holiday. And don't forget to have fun and be enthusiastic about the products!

3. How can I ensure my Pampered Chef products last a long time?

Properly caring for and storing your products is key to their longevity. Always hand wash your products with warm, soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils. And be sure to follow any specific care instructions for each product.

4. What are some helpful cooking tips for using Pampered Chef products?

When using our stoneware, it's important to preheat it in the oven before adding your food. This helps prevent cracking and ensures even cooking. For our non-stick cookware, preheating is not necessary. Also, be sure to use the correct heat setting for each product to avoid damage.

5. How can I find new and creative ways to use my Pampered Chef products?

Our website and social media pages are great resources for finding new recipes and ideas for using your products. You can also join our online community and connect with other Pampered Chef users to share tips and inspiration. And don't be afraid to experiment and get creative in the kitchen!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
  • buckeyefan08
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • Kitchen Diva