• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substituting Fiber on a Diet - Tips & Advice

In summary, some people have done this diet and found that it works well for them. They substitute some of the 35 grams of fiber in their diet with supplements.
heat123
Silver Member
I read somewhere on here that some people have done this diet? I was wondering if you can substitute some of the 35grams of fiber via supplements rather than eating all veggies or fruits? I bought some fiber tabs and it seems to help me fill full! A little gasier than usual but what do ya do:blushing: .
TIA for any tips...

When you are increasing fiber be sure to drink lots of water - Brenda Watso - The author of Renew Life does not put Psyllium seed in any ofher formulas becuase it causes gas and bloating. Have you actually read the book yet??? or did you just read the article in Women's world recently??

Kathytnt said:
When you are increasing fiber be sure to drink lots of water - Brenda Watso - The author of Renew Life does not put Psyllium seed in any ofher formulas becuase it causes gas and bloating. Have you actually read the book yet??? or did you just read the article in Women's world recently??
Yes, the WW mag, that just came out- struck me as interesting.

Ps. Kathy I am actually starting the magazine version this week, will see how it goes??

It is so incredibly easy to get 35 grams of fiber in a day! Besides fruits and vegetables, there are many, many varieties of breads (including Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat), bagels, pitas, etc., that have huge amounts of fiber per serving. La Tortilla factory's tomato basil wraps have at least 12g of fiber for EACH wrap ... and if you are on WW like me, count as one point!I have tons of resources for stuff like this, if you want any specific brand names, i can tell you about em. Fiber One brand cereals and granola bars are also very high in fiber.

THe only thing I didnt' buy was the Smart fit shake (very high fiber content) so I am drinking the highest fiber one I could find at the store and then supplementing with some fiber tabs. Thanks for the tips Tena!

At the store I work at there are only two high fiber shakes Reset and Smart Fit

I have a lot of protein powders at home and I am adding the fiber sprinkle to them to pump up the fiber

1. How much fiber should I aim for in my diet?

The recommended daily intake of fiber is 25-30 grams for adults. However, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the right amount for your specific dietary needs.

2. What are some high-fiber foods that I can incorporate into my meals?

Some great high-fiber options include whole grains like quinoa and brown rice, fruits and vegetables like apples, berries, broccoli, and beans and legumes like chickpeas and lentils.

3. Can I use supplements to increase my fiber intake?

While supplements can be helpful, it is always best to get fiber from whole foods. If you do choose to use supplements, make sure to read the label carefully and consult with a healthcare professional.

4. How can I make my meals more fiber-rich?

You can easily make your meals more fiber-rich by adding in ingredients like chia seeds, flaxseeds, and nuts to your salads, smoothies, or oatmeal. You can also swap out refined grains for whole grains in your recipes.

5. What are some tips for incorporating fiber into snacks?

Some easy snack options that are high in fiber include carrot sticks with hummus, apple slices with almond butter, or whole wheat crackers with avocado spread. You can also make your own high-fiber trail mix with nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views