• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Input for Tonight's Show: Bad Weather & Low Attendance Concerns

In summary, Deanna's host for tonight contacted her and said that she may only have 2 or 3 guests at her show due to bad weather scheduled for tonight. Deanna suggested that the host reschedule for after the holiday and maybe she'll have better weather and better attendance.
deanna_g
So, my host for tonight (yes....some crazy lady that books a show 3 days before Christmas), contacted me last night and said that she has several placing orders, but may only have 2 or 3 guests at her show, due to bad weather scheduled for tonight. She asked if that was ok. Normally I would have no problem with that, but I'll be traveling 45 minutes in GOOD weather to get to her home. So I know it'll be at least an hour or more to get there. If I can get there. I live in the middle of nowhere.....where the plows don't come until a day or three after a snowfall.

I suggested to her that she reschedule for after the holiday and maybe she'll have better weather and better attendance. Is this what you'd do? I did say that if she can guarantee that she'll have 3+ guests, I'd try and make it. :yuck:

Under the circumstances, I think it's a good suggestion. Have to admit though, I did a show on Okinawa during a Tsunami Warning. She was further inland and on higher ground, so her guests arrived with pets in tow!!! LOL

Deanna, I think your suggestion sounded reasonable considering the distance and weather - safety is important. Maybe suggest she put those orders together for a catalog show and book her future cooking show off that - then she'll be triple dipping on host specials (one on the catalog show and one as host and one as past host from whom the party was booked on the future show). Make it about what she can get and about keeping her friends safe. If the travel is difficult for you it will be for her guests too.

I did have a show during a storm (electricity went out and we could hear trees fallling in the neighborhood - one very close to the house) but the host and most of the guests lived in my neighborhood. It was actually quite fun and a good show - but I wouldn't have gone if I'd had had to go as far as you are for this show.

I'd also make sure that her 2 guests aren't her husband and her MIL who lives with them. :D

(sorry - couldn't resist.)

I agree with Beth - show her the benefits of booking off from her catalog show. Even if she just booked for between Christmas & New Years! She could get 6 new products for 60% off!

I go no matter what... I don't want to miss an opportunity to book more or recruit. You never know what is going to happen when you meet new people

PCJenni said:
I go no matter what... I don't want to miss an opportunity to book more or recruit. You never know what is going to happen when you meet new people

Normally that's my philosophy too but if the roads are dangerous and it's a distance to travel I would do as above.

I cxl one last wk b/c of incoming ice storm. My host was an hr. drive in good weather. She had 6 guest coming, but lets be honest and say they all lived in her neighborhood. I slid on the road trying to get out to the highway. Called her and cxl. The guest did all come and while I did feel bad, I felt my safety was more important. The news had reports of tons of accidents and were telling people to stay home. While the weather didn't end up being as bad as they had warned it did still leave a mess with accidents everywhere. In the end I think the host understood. Yes, I lost out on bookings and didn't get to meet the gals but guess I'll just have to work the phone harder.

I gave everyone in attendance a 10% discount and also sent her 2011 calendars for each of them as well as her hostess gift I had planned to give her at the show.

Don't throw eggs at me, but I also let her count it as a cooking show. She had the ingredients, guest and just was missing me. I didn't think it was fair to her to not count it that way. My Dir. agreed.

Go with your gut and still with it. Your safety is more important than extra sales, bookings, or leads!!

flemings99 said:
I cxl one last wk b/c of incoming ice storm. My host was an hr. drive in good weather. She had 6 guest coming, but lets be honest and say they all lived in her neighborhood. I slid on the road trying to get out to the highway. Called her and cxl. The guest did all come and while I did feel bad, I felt my safety was more important. The news had reports of tons of accidents and were telling people to stay home. While the weather didn't end up being as bad as they had warned it did still leave a mess with accidents everywhere. In the end I think the host understood. Yes, I lost out on bookings and didn't get to meet the gals but guess I'll just have to work the phone harder.

I gave everyone in attendance a 10% discount and also sent her 2011 calendars for each of them as well as her hostess gift I had planned to give her at the show.

Don't throw eggs at me, but I also let her count it as a cooking show. She had the ingredients, guest and just was missing me. I didn't think it was fair to her to not count it that way. My Dir. agreed.
Go with your gut and still with it. Your safety is more important than extra sales, bookings, or leads!!

Absolutely count it as a cooking show! If she cooked (and showed any amount of PC products - even via the catalog) then it's a cooking show IMHO.

flemings99 said:

I think you did it just right! Like you said, it all happened but you and you were more than generous to everyone, besids if they had a queston you were available by phone I'm sure! Now go ahead and recruit the host! ;)

Well, the storm has passed through for the most part. It's extremely foggy now. But people are saying the roads are "ok." I'm really nervous....especially with the fog, but as of now, the show is on. I also found out that even though we agreed on 6:30 (I wrote it down in my planner), she told her guests 6:00. Yikes! She's 45 minutes away in good weather and I have to drop my son off at his tumbling class at 5:15. This could be interesting....arriving at the same time as the guests!

And thanks for the reassurance, guys. I really appreciate it. (-:

ShelbyMichalek said:
Absolutely count it as a cooking show! If she cooked (and showed any amount of PC products - even via the catalog) then it's a cooking show IMHO.

In Barb's case I would definitely call it a cooking show. It wasn't the host's fault that she couldn't be there and it all went on as planned. This was an unavoidable last minute issue.

BUT, just because a host cooks something, shows the catalog and even a few products that is not considered a cooking show. In normal circumstances the Consultant must be there for it to be a cooking show.

Well, we did the show last night. There were three guests. She had some outside orders, as well. And her co-workers get paid on Friday, so she's going to keep her show open until next Tuesday to give them time to order, as well. We're sitting right at $200 right now and I'm hoping with more outside orders she'll make it to $300 or maybe even more! I booked a cooking show and a catalog show for 2 out of the 3 guests last night. So yay! Not too shabby. And it helped me go far past my goal for the month. No complaints here. (-:

1. What is "I Need Some Input...."?

"I Need Some Input...." is a section on the Pampered Chef website where customers can leave feedback and reviews on products they have purchased.

2. How do I leave a review on "I Need Some Input...."?

To leave a review, simply navigate to the product page of the item you would like to review. Scroll down to the "I Need Some Input...." section and click on the "Write a review" button. From there, you can rate the product and leave a written review.

3. Can I read reviews on "I Need Some Input...." before making a purchase?

Yes, you can read reviews on "I Need Some Input...." before making a purchase. Simply navigate to the product page and scroll down to the "I Need Some Input...." section to read reviews from other customers.

4. Are the reviews on "I Need Some Input...." from real customers?

Yes, the reviews on "I Need Some Input...." are from real customers who have purchased and used the product.

5. How can I trust the reviews on "I Need Some Input...."?

At Pampered Chef, we value transparency and honesty. We do not edit or censor the reviews on "I Need Some Input...." and strive to provide a platform for genuine feedback from our customers. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee for our products, so you can trust that the reviews are from real experiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • leahevanson