• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Cornbread Recipe That Will Fit a 9X12 (Rectangular Baker)

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a recipe for cornbread to bring to a Chili Cookoff event at church. They mention wanting a tried and true recipe and ask for suggestions from others. Someone suggests a recipe for Sweet Cornbread and the person thanks them for finding the recipe and mentions that it tastes like their favorite brand.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have to make some cornbread to take to a Chili Cookoff event tonight at my church. I signed up to bring enough for 12 people. I know I can follow the recipe on the can of corn meal or use a few boxes of Jiffy mix. But I'd really like a tried and true amazing recipe that I'm sure some of you have. ;) Hopefully it's an easy recipe, too. (Is that asking too much?!) :D

Bumping... Please fellow cheffers, I have a reputation to uphold. :D I can't just make a boring Jiffy mix! Lol

What about making just the base for the chipolte chicken cups. Be sure to spray rec baker use step one double (or triple recipe). I'm guessing bake 14 min check continue bakeing as needed... My family like just the cornbread part with soup

Sorry I missed your post, my favorite corn bread is Miracle Maze (it's in a box).

Sorry. Too late for tonight, but for future. This is yummy! I'm making it tonight for a co-worker who broke her ankle. I'm bringing her dinner tomorrow. Sweet Cornbread recipe
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the "bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

lockhartkitchen said:
Sorry. Too late for tonight, but for future. This is yummy! I'm making it tonight for a co-worker who broke her ankle. I'm bringing her dinner tomorrow.

Sweet Cornbread recipe
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the "bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

THANK YOU! I've been looking for this recipe for a very long time, who knew I'd find it here?!?!?! This stuff tastes just like Tippins and its my favorite, thanks again! :)

1. How do I adjust the baking time for a 9x12 rectangular baker when using a cornbread recipe?

For a 9x12 rectangular baker, you will likely need to adjust the baking time by adding an extra 5-10 minutes to the recipe's recommended baking time. This is because the batter will be spread out in a thinner layer, resulting in a shorter baking time.

2. Can I use a different type of flour in a cornbread recipe for a 9x12 rectangular baker?

Yes, you can use different types of flour in a cornbread recipe for a 9x12 rectangular baker. However, keep in mind that using a different type of flour may alter the texture and taste of the cornbread. We recommend sticking to the type of flour specified in the recipe for best results.

3. Is it necessary to preheat the 9x12 rectangular baker before adding the cornbread batter?

Yes, it is important to preheat the 9x12 rectangular baker before adding the cornbread batter. This ensures that the cornbread bakes evenly and achieves a crispy crust. Preheating also helps to prevent the batter from sticking to the pan.

4. Can I add extra ingredients, like cheese or jalapenos, to the cornbread batter for a 9x12 rectangular baker?

Yes, you can add extra ingredients to your cornbread batter for a 9x12 rectangular baker. However, be sure to adjust the measurements accordingly to account for the larger size of the baker. Adding too many extra ingredients may also affect the texture and density of the cornbread.

5. How do I know when the cornbread is fully cooked in a 9x12 rectangular baker?

You can check if the cornbread is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the cornbread. If it comes out clean, without any batter sticking to it, then the cornbread is ready. Another way to tell is by lightly pressing on the top of the cornbread - if it springs back, it is most likely fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedinAlaska
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • ragschef