• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to know how to sell 71 bakers in one month? Listen to this call!

In summary, this call was very informative and helpful. Michael Reeves has a very successful business model of selling sets of pocket thermometers with 10% off the purchase price to hospitality directors. He also recommends using PostCalls to increase show averages. Overall, this was a great call and I plan on using some of the information to increase my business.
janezapchef
Gold Member
I just finished listening to this great call! I'm not even sure where it originated, but the info was passed along by my hospitality director. The first speaker is Michael Reeves, who sold (are you sitting down?) 71 bakers in MARCH, yep, in one month! This call is awesome!
218-339-3699, access code 121946#
It's a recorded call though, so, I'd act quickly if you want to listen. Oh, and it's a pretty long one. Michael talks first though, and you can fast forward if you have to hang up and go back on (like I did).
Enjoy!

That doesn't surprise me. If he is who I think he is, he was at the regional training I went to in February. When asked how many shows folks had in March, he said he had 21. He does it full time.But thanks for the info!

janezapchef said:
71 bakers in MARCH, yep, in one month! This call is awesome!

That's over $4500 in bakers alone! If he did 21 shows in March, that's still 3-4 bakers per show. Thanks for sharing...will listen to the call later today. :)

Is it possible to download to an MP3 player?

This call was sponsored by Patti Mocerino.

Wow that's amazing! How long is the call? I will definitely listen to it!

I'm listening to it now - very good info. It's long though - been going for 1 hour 20 mins so far....

I'm listening right now as well. It's really good info! :) Thanks for sharing this!

I'm on the call now! This guy is amazing!

My director listened today and one of her director friends had a great idea. Instead of the 10% off, which does nothing for our sales, she's going to give the pocket thermometer free when they buy the sets. That way, it's the same amount of $ (or less if we put it on the host order) for us, but it ups our sales too.

janezapchef said:
My director listened today and one of her director friends had a great idea. Instead of the 10% off, which does nothing for our sales, she's going to give the pocket thermometer free when they buy the sets. That way, it's the same amount of $ (or less if we put it on the host order) for us, but it ups our sales too.

LOVE IT!!! Thank you for sharing.:love:

janezapchef said:

I like that idea because I always talk about how it's very important to check the temp of your meat instead of going by the amount of time it cooks.

Such great ideas! Where would I be without CS! :)I also liked the segment about using PostCalls.

Wow. I love the idea of the Sets! That probably is a great way to increase show averages. I've already forwarded this call to my upline and my hospitality cluster. I'll have to finish listening to the call later. Good stuff!

This was posted in the chat box.

Player

Holly- BLess you!!

I'm working on a flyer now...

His PWS is /michaelreeves it has his recipes on it!

esavvymom said:
Holly- BLess you!!

I wasn't me who posted it orginally, I'm just the one who posted it here.

Does anyone have the agenda for the Bookings Workshop or any other info that Patty sent with her link?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I'm working on a flyer now...

His PWS is /michaelreeves it has his recipes on it!

Can you share your flyer when done? I'd love to give this a try as bookings are slim pickings these days!

Thanks for posting the call on here!

Yep, I'll post what I come up with! But I'm still listening to the whole call. Wow it is long and packed with info.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
This was posted in the chat box.

Player

You rock!!! Or, whoever orginally posted it does!

Here is the flyer. I've posted it in both PDF and Publisher.

Attachments

• DCB_DINT_SET_no_name.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 701
  • DCB_DINT_SET_no_name.pub
    118.5 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
Holly - this looks awesome - but there is one typo. :eek:

It says "Included one of these sets on your order..."

I believe you meant to say "Include one of these sets....."

(No d on the end of include.:))

ChefBeckyD said:
Holly - this looks awesome - but there is one typo. :eek:

It says "Included one of these sets on your order..."

I believe you meant to say "Include one of these sets....."

(No d on the end of include.:))

Oops, glad I didn't print it yet! I'll go fix it in the files!

I've changed my attachements in the files above. Hopefully it is correct now.

Feel free to make it in word and post it if you like. Oh and make any changes you want! It's nice to finally contribute to the files section!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I've changed my attachements in the files above. Hopefully it is correct now.

Feel free to make it in word and post it if you like. Oh and make any changes you want! It's nice to finally contribute to the files section!

You did a great job! I haven't been able to listen all the way through the call yet - I tried, but it's impossible with a 4 yr old...plan on finishing tonight after he's in bed!

I listened during nap time, but I kept having to pause it to make notes. I've copied down the wording on the post calls, invites, I'll type it up later and post it.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I listened during nap time, but I kept having to pause it to make notes. I've copied down the wording on the post calls, invites, I'll type it up later and post it.

You're awesome!

I want to sell 71 Bakers in a month!

HA! I just want to sell one to everyone who comes to my fundraiser tomorrow night!:D:thumbup:

Thank you for sharing this call. Very informative :)

Okay here are my notes:

Attachments

• call_notes_0509_cs.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 713
GREAT! thanks for sharing!

Holly,

You are FANTASTICA!!!! Bless you, Bless you, Bless you! Thanks for doing all the work and for being so generous with us.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Holly,

You are FANTASTICA!!!! Bless you, Bless you, Bless you! Thanks for doing all the work and for being so generous with us.

Your welcome :thumbup: I was so excited to hear from some really successful people. I need to get my rear in gear and book an awsome June. I want those PC$. :love:

jwpamp said:
Does anyone have the agenda for the Bookings Workshop or any other info that Patty sent with her link?

I would be interested in this too!

jwpamp said:

I would love to see it too. She does discribe it well in the call (towards the end) but I didn't take down notes on it.

I think I sat with him last year at the Leadership lunch at NC. He lost his career sales like 5 times, and he was at the 50K table. Really interesting to listen to

Ok, I just forwarded the player link to my recruit yesterday. (she just got her kit yesterday). She had booked a table in the lobby of the hospital she works at for today to get her name out there yadda yadda. Well, she listened to Michaels part of the call, and sold one of the sets today. I'm like... I haven't even sold one yet. Anyway, kudos to her. (She's not on here yet, but she knows about it)

I shared this with my director. She just e-mailed me this:Hey, thanks very much for hooking us up with that training call. (Her director) offered the build-your-own package deal last night at her show and prompted 2 people to spend $100 w/free shipping and 10% discount. I just made the cobbler with yellow cake mix and apple filling - pretty good, my husband loves it! I think I'll kick it back to 1 1/4 stick of butter next time and see how that goes, very rich! Gonna try the chocolate at my show on Saturday.The only catch I see with offering that deal for free shipping and 10% off with a $99 purchase is the 2 or 3 friends that come to the show together and are each going to spend $30-$40, but hear the deal and just group all their orders on one order and one person places the order. Then I end up paying out and not making out any better - did anyone address that on Chef Success at all? I guess you just suck it up and hope it doesn't happen a lot.Anyone have any ideas on how to handle that situation? Do you just go along with it, or do you put the limitation on it that it can't be a combined order. They could just whisper it to each other and not tell you. Maybe it wouldn't happen that much? Too bad I can't ask Michael that question to see if he's experienced it and what his take on it is. :)

babywings76 said:
I shared this with my director. She just e-mailed me this:

Hey, thanks very much for hooking us up with that training call. (Her director) offered the build-your-own package deal last night at her show and prompted 2 people to spend $100 w/free shipping and 10% discount. I just made the cobbler with yellow cake mix and apple filling - pretty good, my husband loves it! I think I'll kick it back to 1 1/4 stick of butter next time and see how that goes, very rich! Gonna try the chocolate at my show on Saturday.

The only catch I see with offering that deal for free shipping and 10% off with a $99 purchase is the 2 or 3 friends that come to the show together and are each going to spend $30-$40, but hear the deal and just group all their orders on one order and one person places the order. Then I end up paying out and not making out any better - did anyone address that on Chef Success at all? I guess you just suck it up and hope it doesn't happen a lot.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle that situation? Do you just go along with it, or do you put the limitation on it that it can't be a combined order. They could just whisper it to each other and not tell you. Maybe it wouldn't happen that much? Too bad I can't ask Michael that question to see if he's experienced it and what his take on it is. :)

I would hope people wouldn't take advantage of us that way.

babywings76 said:
I shared this with my director. She just e-mailed me this:

Hey, thanks very much for hooking us up with that training call. (Her director) offered the build-your-own package deal last night at her show and prompted 2 people to spend $100 w/free shipping and 10% discount. I just made the cobbler with yellow cake mix and apple filling - pretty good, my husband loves it! I think I'll kick it back to 1 1/4 stick of butter next time and see how that goes, very rich! Gonna try the chocolate at my show on Saturday.

The only catch I see with offering that deal for free shipping and 10% off with a $99 purchase is the 2 or 3 friends that come to the show together and are each going to spend $30-$40, but hear the deal and just group all their orders on one order and one person places the order. Then I end up paying out and not making out any better - did anyone address that on Chef Success at all? I guess you just suck it up and hope it doesn't happen a lot.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle that situation? Do you just go along with it, or do you put the limitation on it that it can't be a combined order. They could just whisper it to each other and not tell you. Maybe it wouldn't happen that much? Too bad I can't ask Michael that question to see if he's experienced it and what his take on it is. :)

Why not ask him? He gave his website- so his contact information is on it ( /michaelreeves ). I'm sure he wouldn't mind you sending him an email and asking him how he handles that situation- or has it happened. I would bet that it doesn't happen very often. You'll have a few folks that will do it, yes, but hey- if it is only $4.25 plus the % discount (if you do that), they could end up bumping the order up a little MORE simply because they feel like they are getting a deal....so it could work out to your advantage. Just a guess based on 'impulse spending' and the 'sale' mentality.

Ok, this is what I have done. I have taken Michaels "baker bundle - show special" idea and tweeked it.

I offer the bundle for $99 plus free shipping. I do not offer the 10% off. In the last 7 days, I have sold 3 baker bundles. This is more than I have sold all year so far. And the salad choppers are my new best friend. I have done the BBQ chicken sandwiches (and will continue all month) and am loving them.

Michael, whereever you are, thanks a bundle!!!

Update as of last night's show: Sold Another Bundle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes 4 in the last 9 days! For those who aren't showcasing the baker, you are missing out.

Last edited:
Wow ok so I am definitely going to start this on Saturday which will be the right time since I'm doing a 30 minute chicken show.Did you make up a flier for the offer or just verbal?

I've been talking this over with my husband who has a head for math and sales. He really likes the ideas. I have to get over the difference in amounts deposited into my account from my shows as opposed to what is debited by PC for the shows! In Michael's case, it appears it was a tremendous amount. :eek:

We decided I need to remember that guests probably would not spend that much without the special so my sales will be higher and without the DCB set orders they would not be as high, so I'm not really losing anything. Is that making sense? I am not going to offer discounts beyond the $99 though! Anything else added to the order will not be discounted. :D

My husband thought reimbursing the shipping at the future show was a brilliant idea (thank you; I'm afraid to go back from writing this to get your name and losing what I've written already) and not a high price to pay for one show. I had been multiplying $4.25 out by how ever many sets sold if I did it right then at the show they were purchasing the sets from! :cry:

I'm going to post my flyers. I started with the idea from the flyer on this thread and I will try and get them into this post. I did a front and back thing, two to a page. The DCB set is on the front and a Create Your Own on the back. The next one I made for the lapboards from Merrill or it could go in a guest binder or packet. I would like to see the one they were talking about on the call. :)

Attachments

• PC Dinner Time in No Time fliyer two to a page.doc
    411.5 KB · Views: 583
  • PC DCB CREATE YOUR OWN SET.doc
    25 KB · Views: 737
  • PC DINT for lapboards.doc
    216 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
I see the thank you goes to Holly for the idea of reimbursing the $4.25 at a future show!

I was worried about the cost to me too, Carolynn.

I'm offering 10% off for the set, and then an additional 5.00 FPV at their show if they book (using the refunded s&h idea from someone on this thread)...if they pick up 10 outside orders BEFORE their show, that $5 FPV jumps to $15 or 20, depending on the total sales of their outside orders. I love how everyone is coming together to flesh this idea out! That way, their s&h refund is reinvested into an order, and the "cost to me" is miniscule because of their host discount, and my commission.

Not with it tonight, what is "FPV"??

Kelly V.

Oops sorry....it's free product value....

Free Product Value.

I listened to the call ... like it ... and am thinking of incorporating it into my next show.

Small problem ... I hate the salad choppers, and so does the only customer who ever ordered them.

Any ideas on what fabulous $25 item to substitute?

<h2>1. How did Michael Reeves sell 71 bakers in one month?</h2><p>Michael Reeves shares his strategies and tips for selling 71 bakers in one month on a recorded call, which can be accessed by dialing 218-339-3699 and using the access code 121946#.</p><h2>2. Is the call only available for a limited time?</h2><p>Yes, the call is a recorded one, so it has a limited availability. It is recommended to act quickly if you want to listen to it.</p><h2>3. Can I fast forward on the call?</h2><p>Yes, you can fast forward on the call if you have to hang up and go back on. This will allow you to listen to specific parts of the call that you find most relevant.</p><h2>4. Who originally shared the information about the call?</h2><p>The information about the recorded call was passed along by the hospitality director at Pampered Chef.</p><h2>5. How long is the call?</h2><p>The call is a pretty long one, as Michael Reeves shares his strategies and tips for selling 71 bakers in one month. However, you can fast forward and listen to specific parts if needed.</p>

1. How did Michael Reeves sell 71 bakers in one month?

Michael Reeves shares his strategies and tips for selling 71 bakers in one month on a recorded call, which can be accessed by dialing 218-339-3699 and using the access code 121946#.

2. Is the call only available for a limited time?

Yes, the call is a recorded one, so it has a limited availability. It is recommended to act quickly if you want to listen to it.

3. Can I fast forward on the call?

Yes, you can fast forward on the call if you have to hang up and go back on. This will allow you to listen to specific parts of the call that you find most relevant.

4. Who originally shared the information about the call?

The information about the recorded call was passed along by the hospitality director at Pampered Chef.

5. How long is the call?

The call is a pretty long one, as Michael Reeves shares his strategies and tips for selling 71 bakers in one month. However, you can fast forward and listen to specific parts if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cajunmomof4
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kimmers
  • chefkathy