• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do you love the pineapple wedger as much as I do?

lolI also use the apple wedger. I take out the core and off the rind then stand the 2 halves up on end back together like they were. I line 2 of the blades of the apple wedger up with the slices of the pineapple and push the apple wedger down through. It will make great pineapple spears.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Does anyone else love the pineapple wedger. I love fresh pineapple but always thought that it is a pain to deal with. On a tour that I did at conference I even recommended something like this. I doubt that this was made because of my suggestion but I absolutely love it. I don't do a lot of shows, but I have taken it to the 2 that I have had since I got it. The first time I didn't cut enough off of the bottom..so I struggled with it. So it was no surprise that I didn't sell any. However the second one there were 6 people there and 2 of them bought 1. I think that a 1/3 ratio is pretty good. I also take the apple wedger to make the spears then it makes it look even easier. Anyway. I was just wondering if anyone else loves this product as much as I do.

I also have a show on Thursday that I told the host I would bring one with just so that I can show it off.

I also love this product. Years ago I had bought a fresh pineapple and it was too much trouble. My family went to Mexico 2 years ago and the pineapple was so good it made me want to buy fresh pinapples again. So, I was looking for this product when we got it. I was so excited...and so was my family. No more can pineapple for us...lol I have sold 2 or 3 of them.

I've sold 39 of them.

I always tell my host that it's optional, but if they have a fresh pineapple available, I will demo the wedger at the show. Every time I do, I sell at least 2-3 of them.

My husband and I LOVE the pineapple wedger. He just said to me the other week that we have had more fresh pineapple this summer than he thinks he has had his entire life all put together. I ask if he was complaining and he said absolutely not, it was just an observation he had made:)

We also like to take the two halves and cut it into long wedges to grill along with a slice of ham!!! And some potatoes wedges in the PC grill basket.

I love LOVE it too! I sell it as part of an essential set of four and my sales have been up for all four items: The pineapple wedger, The large grooved cutting board to capture all that juice, the apple wedger, and the kernal cutter - don't waste the delicious pineapple on the rind, enjoy a whole cup of fresh crushed pineapple. I demoed it at all of my summer shows. :D

jcsmilez said:
I love LOVE it too! I sell it as part of an essential set of four and my sales have been up for all four items: The pineapple wedger, The large grooved cutting board to capture all that juice, the apple wedger, and the kernal cutter - don't waste the delicious pineapple on the rind, enjoy a whole cup of fresh crushed pineapple. I demoed it at all of my summer shows. :D

WOW..that is great..I love that idea..I might have to try that.

jcsmilez said:

How do you use the apple wedger? :confused:

If you use the pineapple wedger..take out the core and off the rind..then stand the 2 halves up on end back together like they were. Line 2 of the blades of the apple wedger up with the slices of the pineapple and push the apple wedger down through. It will make great pineapple spears. Does that make sense??

I too love the pineapple wedger! However, I demo'd this at my 2nd show and nearly cut my thumbs off despite the fact I had already used it a home at least 10 times with no problems. The show was at a small business and there were no bandaids. So while one guest ran to the store, I had to talk the others through the rest of the Jamaican Jerk Salad recipe. And we had JUST started when I did this. I was still bleeding as I was packing up to go home - probably should have gone to the ER but didn't want to cancel the rest of the show! My sales were over $700 but surprise, surprise - NO bookings.

Suzballard said:
I too love the pineapple wedger! However, I demo'd this at my 2nd show and nearly cut my thumbs off despite the fact I had already used it a home at least 10 times with no problems. The show was at a small business and there were no bandaids. So while one guest ran to the store, I had to talk the others through the rest of the Jamaican Jerk Salad recipe. And we had JUST started when I did this. I was still bleeding as I was packing up to go home - probably should have gone to the ER but didn't want to cancel the rest of the show! My sales were over $700 but surprise, surprise - NO bookings.

I had that problem with the UM -only I did have to go to the ER. Host ended up SIGING UP! and it was over $700 show! SHE got lots of bookings, but no UM sales...*hmmm...wonder why??*

I do love the PWedger too..it's my top seller also.

And it's a great Christmas gift idea - put the wedger in a small cellophane gift bag, put a pineapple on top of the wedger, then cinch the bag up around the neck of the pineapple/leaves and tie it with a ribbon! So quick and easy and very cute. (Good hostess gift if you are going to a dinner party or something).

esavvymom said:
I had that problem with the UM -only I did have to go to the ER. Host ended up SIGING UP! and it was over $700 show! SHE got lots of bookings, but no UM sales...*hmmm...wonder why??*

I do love the PWedger too..it's my top seller also.

And it's a great Christmas gift idea - put the wedger in a small cellophane gift bag, put a pineapple on top of the wedger, then cinch the bag up around the neck of the pineapple/leaves and tie it with a ribbon! So quick and easy and very cute. (Good hostess gift if you are going to a dinner party or something).

Thank you for reminding me of that..I think I might do that as a display for my Bazaar booth this Saturday.

1. How does the Pineapple Wedger work?

The Pineapple Wedger is designed to easily remove the core and slice a pineapple into perfect wedges. Simply cut off the top of the pineapple, place the wedger on top, and push down to create even slices.

2. Is the Pineapple Wedger dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pineapple Wedger is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results.

3. What size pineapples can the wedger accommodate?

The Pineapple Wedger can accommodate most standard-sized pineapples. It can also be adjusted for larger or smaller pineapples by adjusting the blades.

4. Can the Pineapple Wedger be used for other fruits?

While the Pineapple Wedger is specifically designed for pineapples, it can also be used for other fruits such as melons and apples. However, the size and shape of the fruit may affect the result.

5. Does the Pineapple Wedger come with a warranty?

Yes, the Pineapple Wedger comes with a lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with the wedger, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Kodeysmom