• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Tiffany Fill Her Schedule - Host a Cooking Show!

In summary, Tiffany has been too busy to schedule cooking shows since November and now it is coming around to bite her in the tushy. She offers a free cooking show to her Facebook friends, and also benefits from the PC host benefits for orders placed during the show.
Bluiydangl
So my schedule is bare. no seriously- nothing, ever. and I have a weird sense of humor. I sent this *via a private email message* to most of my friends on facebook that live here in town (even if I dont see them and only vageuly know them) today: and have already had 4 bookings!

"Alright- I'm reaching a point of desperation. So here I am- begging my facebook friends for help. LOL... I have to get some cooking shows on my calendar to stay active as a consultant. I can schedule as far out as you would like- maybe a summer show? or a hello to spring celebration? Maybe a "date night" couple show where husbands cook on the grill and wives make a dessert?

There are great new products that will be available March 1st that will make meal time easier and I know people will love! I'm also focusing on Power Cooking and cost effective recipes for about $2 a serving.

So here is the offer- I will provide you with a FREE cooking show. I buy the ingredients for the demonstration recipe and a snack/appetizer. I will mail invitations. And if you would like we can have it at my house. Literally all you would do is show up, host your friends, collect some orders, pick your free products, then distribute orders once they arrive!

In addition to my offer of a free show the PC host benefits apply for free products based on how much you have in sales from your show, and the monthly host benefits apply too- in march it is 60% off of one piece of bakeware- the silicone pans, springform pan, torte pan set, or cake pan set. In April there is a choice of 60% off a piece of the new bamboo pieces coming out. and May- May is a GREAT time to host because it is Help Whip Cancer month. There are special pink items that PC sells- a portion of the profits goes to cancer research. Last year Pampered Chef raised over $300,000 just from Help Whip Cancer sales! So you get your choice of the HWC item at 60% off as well.

If you are interested gimme a call- xxx xxx xxxx or you can message me back.

*This message has been paid for an approved by the "Tiffany has been too busy to schedule shows since November and now it is coming around to bite her in the tushy" campaign.*"

Last edited:
Great idea and glad you got some bookings, but you can't do this on Facebook per the P&P from HO! It's "advertising on the internet"! Take it down before you get an internet violation!

or at least take all references to Pampered Chef out of it - then it's in the 'gray area' and probably okay.

I sent it in a PM- perfectly legal like sending an email.

Bluiydangl said:
I sent it in a PM- perfectly legal like sending an email.

You should probably be okay then. Congrats on the bookings!

it isnt "public" at all. Its in a PM- like we send here. they only way they get it is if they click on the message in the facebook inbox.

should have said that in the original post- sorry!

I LOVED the 'brought you by' part!!!!

Would you mind if I borrowed your message. I am in the same boat. Thanks

I love it! I'm going to give it a try if you don't mind. My March is empty save my best friends sister that I traded a spa show for her to book. ack. I don't like doing homeshows at my house

Okay just sent off, let's see if I have as much luck as you!!! Thanks for the great idea!

The only thing is that I hope some of those people that "vaguely know you" don't report you to Facebook for spamming. I know you had the best intentions but if someone on your friend list is really just a distant acquaintance, they may be compelled to report your PM. I know I don't like to get hit with random marketing when I'm in the wrong mood.It sounds like you've hit on some great success though, so congrats!

I'd like to borrow the idea too! It sounds great!

Congrats on the bookings!

I don't mind if you borrow it- thats why I posted it!

I KNOW all 10 of the people I sent it to, We are involved in a group or organization together that meets regularly. It isn't like I messaged random people- I don't recommend that at all! I may not call them my "friends" but we all chat on fb- if it weren't for fb I wouldn't know a couple of them at all- only their face- hence why "I love facebook." :)

don't put this in a status message, or a "note" it has to be direct contact with them privately. or better yet in an email, but I don't have emails for everyone I contacted another reason why "I love facebook." :) hope it helps!

I have received 1 reply so far. YEAH!!!! Thank you for the great idea.

After reading through the company policy on internet guidelines, this is what I have come to understand:

1. The company refers to not mentioning, advertising or promoting on any chat rooms other than those set up for communicating with other consultants. Facebook is not a chat room. While there are chat rooms that you can sign up for through Facebook, the intent of Facebook is not set up as a chat room. I believe this is part of the policy to prevent fraud of people representing the company and scamming people out of their money. Facebook is set up for networking and if you accept someone as your friend, you are taking on the responsibility of knowing that person.

After reading through the company policy on internet guidelines, this is what I have come to understand:

1. The company refers to not mentioning, advertising or promoting on any chat rooms other than those set up for communicating with other consultants. Facebook is not a chat room. While there are chat rooms that you can sign up for through Facebook, the intent of Facebook is not set up as a chat room. I believe this is part of the policy to prevent fraud of people representing the company and scamming people out of their money. Facebook is set up for networking and if you accept someone as your friend, you are taking on the responsibility of knowing that person.

2. The violation occurs when you post a link to your website.

3. The guideline mentions not to post the company name when filling out personal profiles on the internet. I believe this is because some consultants misuse the company name when describing their connection to Pampered Chef. Legally, we are Independent Consultants with The Pampered Chef. Words like employee, part-time, employer, etc. are misused and can give a misrepresentation to someone of our status with the company, which can turn into legal issues.

Bottom line, my take is that as long as you are representing your business as Bluiydangl is above, there should be no question of misuse on Facebook. Facebook is a networking tool for approved and known people you are contact with and not a "wide open" forum that I believe the Internet Guidelines were addressing.

For those of you discussing FB there is a whole thread/argument on here about it. You may want to go read it before debating it further. I think someone in that thread even got an email from HO about what you could and could not do on there.

This is just FYI not that I am saying a word either for or against any posting on FB. But some people even got a violation notification for talking about the new products coming out on the comments sections of their status updates.

Bluiydangl said:
I don't mind if you borrow it- thats why I posted it!

I KNOW all 10 of the people I sent it to, We are involved in a group or organization together that meets regularly. It isn't like I messaged random people- I don't recommend that at all! I may not call them my "friends" but we all chat on fb- if it weren't for fb I wouldn't know a couple of them at all- only their face- hence why "I love facebook." :)

don't put this in a status message, or a "note" it has to be direct contact with them privately. or better yet in an email, but I don't have emails for everyone I contacted another reason why "I love facebook." :) hope it helps!

I know - I love FB for keeping in touch. The only reason I mentioned it was because you said "even if I dont see them and only vageuly know them." That seemed to indicate less of a personal relationship...

PampChefJoy said:
I know - I love FB for keeping in touch. The only reason I mentioned it was because you said "even if I dont see them and only vageuly know them." That seemed to indicate less of a personal relationship...

no prob - I just don't want people thinking I was randomly sending host requests! I would not do that. believe me it was SOO out of my comfort zone to even do what I did to my friends!! :) I'm someone that feels they shouldn't be a fb friend if you don't know them to begin with. fb has been a lot like cs in that you can talk with people you wouldn't see or connect with.

Anyhoo- I hope it helped people- it helped me to do it that way- thinking out of my normal box and hitting up friends I normally wouldn't call for a host lead!

It IS so much easier to PM on FB than it is to try to track down someone's email address! LOL... When I first started out in PC, I did majorly send out a pleading email to everyone that I had an email address for. I even apologized profusely for "being out of touch and then asking a favor right off the bat." It worked - it was a good launch for my biz!

Hey, I'm on FB. Just joined recently. Friend me if you're interested. I warn you, though, I'm not particularly exciting. Just search for Rae Bates.

Last edited:
You still have to be careful, even with private messages....
I used to by on myspace & posted a bulletin about specials once...which only my "friends" could see...& somehow still got in trouble for it...

I love facebook--I have connected with so many old friends. I mention PC all the time in my wall chats and posts and updates, and I am NOT going run around looking over my shoulder for the PC internet police to come get me. This is ridiculous. My life is my life, and it includes PC. They want me to carry a bag and wear a t shirt everywhere I go but I spend about an hour a day on the internet and I can't bring it up by name. Stupid. For the record, I think what you did was fine.

lacychef said:
I used to by on myspace & posted a bulletin about specials once...which only my "friends" could see...& somehow still got in trouble for it...

I think the bulletin would be more similar to the "note" book section which is more open to everyone to see (freinds ) and PMing is more like emailing ;).

lacychef said:

BTW, did you ever find out who did it??:confused:

ETA: I started writing this after reading Nancy's post. Please don't think I'm replying directly after the next couple ones from Heather.Please everyone read the P&P. We've had other threads about violations and FB and everyones different take on things. It seems that these threads then become heated and people get offended and harsh things are said. Please...if you are going to go against policy don't state it on here. There are a lot of people who post and a lot of people who lurk (and sometimes HO), so people might report you. If you have a question about policy or are upset about policies, please take the time to write HO your concern. I think just about every opinion on this has been shared in other threads and very very recently, so you can go back and read them.I think the intent of the original post here on this thread was different than those others. She was describing a way to follow the rules but also take advantage of FB. She did it through PM's to people she knew. She's trying to give people ideas on how they could use FB to their advantage as well.Please forgive me, I don't mean to be harsh and don't intend to kill conversation. I'm just hoping that if people post here it'll stick to the topic of the thread, and not turn into a rehashing of the rules and everyone's opinions about PC due to rules.Stepping off soap box now... :blushing:

What are the benefits of hosting a cooking show for Tiffany?

Hosting a cooking show for Tiffany is a fun and easy way to earn free and discounted products, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and spend quality time with friends and family.

How do I book a cooking show for Tiffany?

Booking a cooking show for Tiffany is simple! You can contact her directly or reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a date and time that works best for you.

What should I expect at a cooking show for Tiffany?

At a cooking show for Tiffany, you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products in action, learn how to make delicious recipes, and have the opportunity to try out products for yourself.

What are the requirements for hosting a cooking show for Tiffany?

The only requirement for hosting a cooking show for Tiffany is that you have a space to host the show, such as a kitchen or living room, and invite at least 10 guests to attend.

How can I help Tiffany fill her schedule?

You can help Tiffany fill her schedule by spreading the word about her cooking shows to your friends, family, and coworkers. You can also offer to host a show yourself or attend a show as a guest and bring a friend along.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Roadtripray