• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Learned an Important Lesson ......

In summary, the show closed at $780 last night, thanks in part to the efforts of the host's friend who came to the show and recruited other customers.
mrssyvo
I had a show last week, with only 4 guests in attendance, and I was a bit upset, because it was an hour drive to get there, and when I left, the show was at $280. Well, I closed it last night at ..... $780. !!!!! The rest was outside orders !!! I told her what a great job she did getting the show total up there, and she said, "actually, I did not do anything, I went to kid's party on Sunday afternoon, pulled out the catalog, and said, if you want something, let me know, and the women attacked it like vultures." She also did a great job of getting the phone numbers, so I will be calling them all to ask for bookings, of course!!!!!

Woohoo! :) That's WONDERFUL!

Wow....that's great! I had one like that myself last year, sure makes you feel better.

Congratulations!!:D

Have you tried to recruit the host? If all her friends are into PC, it'll be a great start for her!

That's happened to me several times as well, so now if I show up at a show wiith only a couple of people, I always do my best (not half-heartedly) as if there were 20 people at the show! Sometimes those turn out to be $800 shows!

Wonderful. It's amazing how people will react when given a chance to buy PC.

That is AWESOME. And I agree, what a lesson learned.

Yes, I did talk with her about the business, several times. She is not interested, but you never know what will happen in the future.

I had a show very similar and it turned out to be very high in sales....

Have any of you have seen the CNN and other national reports about the snowfall in upstate NY? Most of this is hitting about 50 to 60 miles south of where I live (but impacts a major north south highway). Well, on Saturday one of the lake effect snow bands was north and hitting our area (we got just a measly foot). I called my host and it was doing nothing at the time at her house. I drove 35 miles through mostly white out conditions. If you have ever driven through white out snow storms you know that turning around and going back can be more dangerous that "sticking it out". Besides, I had driven in worse and knew I was going to drive out of it.
Got there and 4 people show up. It was a very nice bunch but when I left, sales were only $115:eek: :eek:
The drive home was less eventful (the snow band went south and during the party I noticed it was snowing like hell) On the way home I was sort of down, but then I had to realize that I have one lady from that party that is going to sign up mid month! Sales are now up to almost $300 but she has more to collect. I felt better after I stopped to look at the bright side! There is a bright side to 99% of our shows...even if the sales are less than wonderful! Keep looking for that bright side and hopefully it will help keep "discouragement" from creeping into your business!
Ann

That is super awesome! Great job!

That's awsome !!! WONDERFUL JOB WELL DONE!!! :)

Did that too - we had bad weather last week. Host called me and said "only 3to 5 people coming, but they are neighbors who can walk here". Roads were awful getting there. Then she had over 13 people come! Turned out everything else was cancelled but her Pampered Chef show! Her sales topped $800!! Yeah!
Joanne

Related to I Learned an Important Lesson ......

1. What is "I Learned an Important Lesson"?

"I Learned an Important Lesson" is a phrase commonly used in the Pampered Chef community to share a lesson or insight gained from using one of our products or participating in one of our cooking experiences.

2. How can I share my "I Learned an Important Lesson" story?

You can share your story by submitting it to our website or by posting it on social media using the hashtag #ILearnedanImportantLesson. You may also be featured in our newsletter or on our blog!

3. Do I have to use a Pampered Chef product to have an "I Learned an Important Lesson" story?

No, you do not have to use a specific Pampered Chef product to have an "I Learned an Important Lesson" story. It can be about any cooking or kitchen experience that taught you something valuable.

4. How can I read other people's "I Learned an Important Lesson" stories?

You can find a collection of "I Learned an Important Lesson" stories on our website under the "Community" tab. You can also search for the hashtag #ILearnedanImportantLesson on social media to read stories shared by our community members.

5. Can I use the "I Learned an Important Lesson" phrase for marketing or promotional purposes?

While we encourage you to share your story and use the phrase to inspire others, we ask that you do not use it for marketing or promotional purposes without prior approval from Pampered Chef. Please contact us at [email address] for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • RachelNguyen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Loriann
  • 3girls