• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Know It's Just One Day, but ....

In summary, a person's vacation is likely the reason they have to work the night of Friday, June 27. They are also working Monday of that week.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I've just been informed that I have to work the night of Friday, June 27, likely due to somebody's vacation. I'm also working Monday of that week too.

This is the same job that just cut me down to 4 days a week. So on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (probably Tuesday) I have to take a day off. Good luck getting anyone to book on Tuesday.

I am on vacation from Father's Day through June 22, and work a lot of second shift in the meantime ... I was just thinking that if I was going to get anyone to book in June it would have to be the 27th or 29th (have a little show on the 28th already) and now this.

Today it just feels like my best laid plans for Sell-a-thon have been shot to heck and back ...

Try to be more positive! Look at the glass as half full instead of half empty!

Tuesdays are GOOD days for shows! I often have Tuesday and Thursday booked a month or more in advance. It's all about what you put out there.

I will promote it ... I am almost sure I can get this day off but it would be just my luck to schedule a show and have to work that night too ... it's just been a day from h e double hockey sticks.

Tuesday is my busiest day for shows! I'm always booked for Tuesday evenings.

Hmmm ... come to think of it ... it's going to be a pain in the hind end to get my June 28 show to close by the 30th ... we'll do it, it just will be tough.Having a show on Tuesday instead will allow us to at least have more time to close ...

Tuesdays where I am is swim team night. HORRIBLE time to book in June and July cause so many people (something like 8,500 kids) are at the meets.

Don't we get something for two shows for the sell-a-thon? You could try to for at least two catalog shows and then you could close before the end of month. Also, you could try to find someone to bring food to at an office. Then, there are no evenings involved and the day of week isn't at crucial.

Fill up your July because they many announce some great July incentive at conference. Maybe you can earn that.

beepampered said:
Tuesdays where I am is swim team night. HORRIBLE time to book in June and July cause so many people (something like 8,500 kids) are at the meets.

Do you know kids on the team or are your hosts saying they can't plan a night because of the swimming? Why not bring a little treat to one of the pools where the swim meet is going on and have some catalogs on hand?

BethCooks4U said:
Try to be more positive! Look at the glass as half full instead of half empty!

Tuesdays are GOOD days for shows! I often have Tuesday and Thursday booked a month or more in advance. It's all about what you put out there.

ChefBeckyD said:
Tuesday is my busiest day for shows! I'm always booked for Tuesday evenings.

Me too! I think it's all in how YOU talk it up. These are my BEST nights. I just did a report a few months ago...ALLLL of my $1,000+ parties have been on a Tues or Thurs! With Fri/Sat being the crappiest...LOL...no wonder they are booking Tues/Thurs.

I also have best luck on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. My weekend shows are pitiful (which really sucks b/c I have one Saturday that's 1 1/2 hours away!).

Di_Can_Cook said:
I've just been informed that I have to work the night of Friday, June 27, likely due to somebody's vacation. I'm also working Monday of that week too.

This is the same job that just cut me down to 4 days a week. So on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (probably Tuesday) I have to take a day off. Good luck getting anyone to book on Tuesday.

I am on vacation from Father's Day through June 22, and work a lot of second shift in the meantime ... I was just thinking that if I was going to get anyone to book in June it would have to be the 27th or 29th (have a little show on the 28th already) and now this.

Today it just feels like my best laid plans for Sell-a-thon have been shot to heck and back ...
50% of my shows were on Tuesday's and the other 50% were on Thursday's! :) People LOVE Tuesday nights....
I'm sorry that you have to work a day you don't want to work however...that part stinks!

If you have few available days in June, what about catalog shows? They can really add up. I always give my catalog hosts an additional benefit, like I'll pay for part of the host special if they get X $ in sales. I also give them an incentive to close the show within 2 weeks. Nothing big. Think of the stuff you give away at cooking shows. With the savings on postage for invites, gas and not giving away door prizes you can afford a little extra incentives for catalog shows. We sometimes forget how important they can be.

I also do my own Mystery Host show. There have been plenty of posting about that. Every Mystery Host show has been at least $1000!

Hang in there! There is plenty of time to get sales and bookings for June.

Yep - I agree with everyone else - Tuesday and Thursday nights are some of my best nights. I have also done well on Sat. mornings. Summers are horrible for weekend shows around here (everyone goes "down the shore"), so I like to book Tue & Thu shows instead. Good luck and sorry you had to change your work schedule - I hate that, too!

I'm just having a stressful day. First they cut my hours from 40 to 32 ... then they tell me I have to work on my standing day off! I was supposed to be off on Monday to go to my cluster meeting ... but something came up so I won't be, most likely.It is getting harder and harder to wrap my brain around doing my already demanding job in 32 hours!Anyway ... I'm just having some stress ... yes, we get something for having 2 shows and I have them on the calendar, and 2 on the calendar for July as well ...it's just that I want my calendar filled YESTERDAY and it's not happening as fast as I want it to ... my first tiny paycheck comes tomorrow and I don't know if it will be enough to pay my house payment, let alone enough to keep gas in my car ... I've pampered 3 businesses and it went nowhere ... and I had zero sales in May, the worst month I've had since January!But under my previous product line I was lucky if I had one show every quarter ... so there is no doubt I'm in the right business. I also had 2 people in my life take their stress out on me ... so I was feeling generally cruddy when I saw the schedule.

Related to I Know It's Just One Day, but ....

1. Can I use my own ingredients for the recipes?

Yes, you can definitely use your own ingredients for the recipes. However, we highly recommend using the ingredients listed in the recipe for the best results.

2. Can I make substitutions for dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Our recipes are designed to be flexible and can easily accommodate dietary restrictions. We have many recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. We also have tips for making substitutions for common allergens.

3. How long will the meal prep take?

The meal prep time will vary depending on the recipe and your cooking experience. However, most of our recipes can be prepared in less than an hour.

4. Are the recipes kid-friendly?

Yes, our recipes are designed to be family-friendly and can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. We also have tips for getting kids involved in the cooking process.

5. Can I adjust the serving size for the recipes?

Yes, our recipes can be easily adjusted for different serving sizes. Each recipe includes the serving size and also provides tips for adjusting the recipe for a larger or smaller group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
floccies
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Krista Burson