• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Microwave Just Die After Making Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

In summary, the microwave stopped working and the owner is worried it is something covered by the warranty.
babywings76
Gold Member
I made 4 batches of Loaded Baked Potato Chowder last night. On my last batch, my microwave made a weird noise. Now today, it's not working. It acts like it's working, but you check on the food and it's still cold. I'm so bummed! This is a 2 yr. old microwave and we've never had any trouble till now. Now I don't know what to do!

Sometimes unplugging it and plugging it back it will reset it! Worth a try anyways!

Check the warranty, it might be covered! I found some on sale at Target.

My Microwave doesn't like the DCB. It's too heavy for the turntable. I killed one about 2 years ago and had to get a new one--one where I can turn the turntable off.

It's always worked fine before. It could handle the DCB, I thought anyway. It turned okay. But maybe the heavy load for so long just got to be too much? I have to look into the warranty. It's a built in, so I'm afraid to touch the thing.This has been a bad weekend for us. Our washing machine broke the other day and we just paid to get a new one. I can't handle replacing so many things at once. They say things happen in 3's...I'm dreading to find out what comes next.

babywings76 said:
It's always worked fine before. It could handle the DCB, I thought anyway. It turned okay. But maybe the heavy load for so long just got to be too much? I have to look into the warranty. It's a built in, so I'm afraid to touch the thing.

This has been a bad weekend for us. Our washing machine broke the other day and we just paid to get a new one. I can't handle replacing so many things at once. They say things happen in 3's...I'm dreading to find out what comes next.

Our washing machine has finally given up too (the water level adj stopped working - and I happened to catch the water just before it overflowed!).
So yesterday - out I went to find a new washer & dryer! Ugh! Atleast it is being delivered on Tuesday - so I am only going a few days without doing wash.

Good luck!

It probably overheated. My old microwave would overheat anytime I cooked something for 20 minutes--it would "beep" and then die for an unspecified amount of time. After it cooled, it'd start working again. I took one of my first paychecks and replaced it!
AmyD

my year and a half old microwave died also.. I was using the dcb in it... the same day our central unit went out also... ugh!!!!

Hmm, I wonder if you could buy a new one and write it off on your taxes. After all, you do need it to test new recipes, etc.;)

Oh, no, that stinks!! I couldn't live without my microwave!! GL and I hope you can revive it or find a cheap replacement!

That stinks!

I got one on Craigslist last year ... the turntable doesn't turn ... really cannot afford to replace it yet.

I've found you need a big micro to accomodate the DCB

My dad thinks it's the magnetron tube. If that's the case, it's covered under the warranty. I called GE and they are sending a guy on Friday. It's $79.95 to have them come, but they waive that if they service it. Then it's just parts and labor. If it's the magnetron tube, then I'll just have to pay labor. Let's hope that's what it is and that it's super fast to fix. I wonder how much they charge for labor? Out of curiosity, I called the company who installed it, to see if they would be cheaper. They charge the same amount, but then I'd have to pay parts and labor in addition to the service call, they won't waive that. Cross your fingers for me! :)Oh, my husband reminded me....this is the 3rd item. Our spare fridge in the garage broke and we replaced that a few weeks ago.

My brother repairs appliances and USED TO do microwaves. He stopped because the parts were so expensive. The guy at the parts shop said they are "disposable" like vaccum cleaners.

Amanda, I sure hope it is an easy fix for you. I just replaced my vacuum cause my other vacuum died. Lets hope nothing else dies here at my house. Althogh about 6 months ago my washer and dryer were out of commssion within a week of each other

What caused my microwave to malfunction?

Some common reasons for a microwave to malfunction include overuse, excessive heat, and power surges. It is also possible that there was a defect in the microwave itself.

Can I fix my microwave myself?

It is not recommended to try to fix a microwave yourself, as it can be dangerous. It is best to contact a professional for repairs or to replace the microwave entirely.

How long should a microwave last?

The average lifespan of a microwave is around 9-10 years. However, this can vary depending on usage and maintenance.

Is it safe to continue using my microwave after it has malfunctioned?

No, it is not safe to continue using a malfunctioning microwave. It is best to stop using it immediately and seek professional help for repairs or replacement.

What can I do to prevent my microwave from malfunctioning in the future?

To prevent your microwave from malfunctioning, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for usage and maintenance. Avoid overusing the microwave and keep it clean to avoid potential malfunctions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pctharper