• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Have to Vent, Cannot Believe People Can Be so Rude!

In summary, Sarah's day job is an airline phone center, but she has to drive into the office once a week to refill her water bottle. Last night, she put some catalogs out in the break rooms, and when she came back about 20 minutes later, they were gone. Sarah believes that someone took them, and she's upset because she would have been able to sell the catalogs if they'd been left on the tables. Another TPC consultant
sarahsworld2000
So I just have to get this off my chest to people who would "get it". My day job is an airline phone center, for the most part we work from home but I have to drive into the office once a week. Last night I went in and in a few of the break rooms I put some catalogs out (since I have a ton and they are only good for this month). I went back about 20 min later to refill my water and someone had taken my catalogs off the tables and put them in the garbage!!!
I knew that there was at least one other person who sold PC in the office, but I would never never never have thought someone would be so rude to do that! I guess I assumed that everyone has integrity, but I guess they don't all.
I just had to vent because I was so astounded that someone would do that.

Thanks,
Sarah

That is rude, especially if they had your info on them. They could have at least returned them to you. It is important to check with company policies regarding doing that kind of thing. There may be something in the rules that if you put out promotions they'll be thrown away. And, since you know there's at least one other PC consultant in the office, I would try a different route anyway. No need to have bad blood between consultants.

I agree, if there's a policy against it, they should have brought them back to you & explained the policy.

So did you dig them out and put them back on the tables? I would have - esp. if there's not a policy against it.

They'll just get thrown away again, won't they? Since she isn't there every day.
That is rude.

I hope you were able to salvage them, although a break room trash can sounds like it could have slop in it.

On the base I'm at, there used to be a community bulletin board you could post things for sale, home businesses, etc.,...another TPC consultant would remove my sign...used to make me so mad! Sorry that happened to you!

No I checked before hand (months ago) and anywhere in the break rooms is okay to put your personal stuff. I have a flyer up on the board every month and I've put them out before with no problems. When I set them out there were Scentsy and Avon catalogs too. I had noticed that another girl had put out catalogs a few weeks ago and I was going to email her and ask if she wanted to take turns each month putting up the flyers. But now I am afraid that she is the one who threw them out. I dunno, maybe I should still email her, maybe it wasn't her at all. I have no problem sharing with others.

I'd email her, it might not have been her. I know our HR department will clear the lunchroom of catalogs when there is upcoming events. You never know, maybe it wasn't her... and if you approach her (and she is the one tossing them), maybe it will give her a change in heart :)

I was asked by some employees of my surgeon's office to "pamper their business." So I brought over about 6 catalogs, order forms, and a cover letter that said I'd be back on a certain day with a treat for the office.

Well the office manager tossed all my stuff away!!! I guess the others didn't clear it with her first. But the instigator called me to apologize about it and said if I'd bring more catalogs, she'd make sure they didn't get thrown away. She ended up collecting orders for me, so I made her the host. She was thrilled!

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

My first thought was that maybe the cleaning lady did it. You mentioned that you went in at night. Maybe there's a certain night of the week that they clear out old catalogs and magazines?

What do you do when someone is being rude to you?

When faced with a rude person, it's important to remain calm and professional. Take a deep breath and try not to react emotionally. Politely address the behavior and explain how it makes you feel. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to involve a manager or supervisor.

How do you handle a customer who is constantly complaining and being rude?

Firstly, listen to the customer's complaints and try to understand their perspective. Empathize with their frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience. Then, offer a solution or compromise to address the issue. If the customer continues to be rude and unreasonable, it may be necessary to politely end the interaction and involve a manager.

What is the best way to respond to a rude comment or insult?

The best way to respond to a rude comment or insult is to not engage in an argument or stoop to their level. Instead, calmly and firmly assert your boundaries and explain that their behavior is not acceptable. If the person continues to be rude, it's best to remove yourself from the situation.

How do you handle a situation where a customer is being rude to another employee?

If you witness a customer being rude to another employee, it's important to intervene and address the behavior. Politely ask the customer to stop their behavior and redirect their attention to the issue at hand. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to involve a manager or security.

What steps should be taken if a customer becomes verbally abusive or threatening?

In situations where a customer becomes verbally abusive or threatening, it's important to prioritize your safety and the safety of those around you. Remain calm and try to diffuse the situation by listening to the customer and offering solutions. If the behavior continues or becomes physically threatening, do not hesitate to involve security or the authorities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • cwinter474