• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Got My Knives for Qualifying...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the Santuko knife, which is a favorite of the participants. The participants are excited to get their knives and are jealous of those who have already received theirs. The participants also mention the online training classes that they have taken, which provide additional benefits, such as discounts on products.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
...I feel illegal just HOLDING the Santuko knife. :eek:

I am sure I did not spell that right.

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy!

Congrats!!

Correct spelling: 三徳包丁

DUH, KG, I knew that...just forgot :D

I'm just happy to be able to lend a hand.Of course, with my luck, that probably translates into, "May your Toyota throw a rod through the block," or "Godzilla just ate Tokyo!"

Last edited:
Aren't they nice, Melissa? You're going to sell gobs of them, by letting people use them at your shows!

The santoku is my favorite of all of the forged cutlery - I use it for all kinds of things where another knife would make more sense, just because I like to use it!

I just received mine too about 3 days ago and I love them. Congratulations on qualifying too.:)

Congrats!! WHOOHOOO for you!

Of all things PC, DH is only impressed with our Forged cutlery! ;) He's not the cook at ALL so I understand but he has used our knives and LOVES them!

Last edited:
:chef: congrats on qualifying in time!!! its such a good feeling!

im waiting on mine to arrive! i cant wait to learn how to use a knife --- since i use a butter knife for everything.

thats not true. ive been using the UTILITY knife for everything because it came in the consultant kit. http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/other/11doh.gif

i am so jealous of you guys who are getting the knives, i signed in december so missed out on these knives, i sooooo want the santoku knife, i haven't used it but have held one in my hands and fell in love with it just by holding it. i actually told my husband eventually one day i will own the whole forged cutlery set. love love love this set.

Cool, Melissa, I hope you got the chef's knife, also. I know santuko knives are trendy just now, but I really like the chef knife. It is whopping big, and I sat down and used it chopping green onions and really learned how to use it like Food Network chefs. What other knives did you choose?

ChefDella, I signed when there was no good promo either, so I understand.

i guess i got a good sign on deal, by signing in dec. i got my 30 and 90 day extended, just completed my first 30 days on the 3rd of this month and i think my 90 days in up in may or june can't remember. but i def. would have loved to get the knives and again as i told my hubby i will own them all. i need a bigger kitchen just to house all my pc products. LOL!!!!

Yeah, I am finding I have to rearrange my cupboards frequently since joining PC. I don't like the boxes sitting around.

Hey, take the online training classes and you get stuff for it....that wasn't avail to me when I signed.

i did take them, and got nothing, i actulally did all of them the same week i joined. like what kind of stuff do you get

I thought PC dollars for taking all the classes?
Another promo I missed, apparently! I didn't get anything.

well that stinks i'm upset i didn't get anything for completing them. that's a bum deal.

Sorry I mentioned it, then. ChefJoy, I think, got the perks.

no that's fine, i just didn't know that know one told me about that part of it, i am actually on there now and found some more quizzes and i'm working on them now, we will see what happens.

Congrats Melissa~enjoy them!

ChefDella said:
i am so jealous of you guys who are getting the knives, i signed in december so missed out on these knives, i sooooo want the santoku knife, i haven't used it but have held one in my hands and fell in love with it just by holding it. i actually told my husband eventually one day i will own the whole forged cutlery set. love love love this set.
You can purchase products at 40% off in April and also in your 4th month (not for sure how the 4th month works with your extended 90 days - it may be your 5th month). Anyway, you can get the santuko knife at 40% off and use any PC$ you have earned to purchase it.

wadesgirl said:
You can purchase products at 40% off in April and also in your 4th month (not for sure how the 4th month works with your extended 90 days - it may be your 5th month). Anyway, you can get the santuko knife at 40% off and use any PC$ you have earned to purchase it.

yes i thought of that lastnight, i knew there was going to be another time i could do the 40% but couldn't remember when it was other than the april one.

one question about the 40% stuff, is that only one item at 40% or 40% off anything i purchase?

It's 40% off anything you order. There are specific limits to the total value of the order and quantities. They're covered in the policies.

ChefDella said:
yes i thought of that lastnight, i knew there was going to be another time i could do the 40% but couldn't remember when it was other than the april one.

one question about the 40% stuff, is that only one item at 40% or 40% off anything i purchase?
In April it's 40% off anything in the catalog with a limit of 1 per each item. Up to $500 catalog value.

In your 4th month it's the same rules as above except you cannot purchase anything in your starter kit.

thanks fore clarifying that for me

i guess i need to work on my spelling huh lol!!

kspry said:
Cool, Melissa, I hope you got the chef's knife, also. I know santuko knives are trendy just now, but I really like the chef knife. It is whopping big, and I sat down and used it chopping green onions and really learned how to use it like Food Network chefs. What other knives did you choose?

ChefDella, I signed when there was no good promo either, so I understand.

I did get the Chef's knife and the boning knife :)

Now, I am kinda thinking I should have went for the bread knife and bought the cheaper boning knife, but I am trying not to spend all my PC earnings on PC. So, I thought I would use the boning knife. :)

PCMelissa said:
I did get the Chef's knife and the boning knife :)

Now, I am kinda thinking I should have went for the bread knife and bought the cheaper boning knife, but I am trying not to spend all my PC earnings on PC. So, I thought I would use the boning knife. :)
The boning knife is great for carving summer fruits. Gets right up next to the rind so you don't waste very much of it! Cannot wait to try mine out on a watermelon this summer!

Good Job!!!

I am not far from getting mine I'm so excited I can't WAIT! Awesome Deal! We are so lucky to have this as a promotion.

That promotion's pretty sharp, wouldn't you say?

When I signed last year the perk for doing the online training was sort of a raffle. Your name was entered along with all of the other new consultants. Then they drew a name each month. The winner got a gift certificate to Merrill. So it isn't really an incentive or perk, just a bonus.

I got the $25 GC to Merrill. I did ALLLLL online training the first day I got my number and password! It was a raffle thing just like you said. I was really excited cause they drew my name! I haven't used it yet I can't decide what I want. if you go here

https://www.pamperedchefonlinetrainingcenter.com/index.aspx?action=winners

you can see all winners! It's cool to get something like that :love: It lets you know your appreciated! Congrats to all who have received it :D !!!

Related to I Just Got My Knives for Qualifying...

1. Can you provide any tips for using my new Santoku knife?

Absolutely! The key to using a Santoku knife effectively is to use a chopping or rocking motion rather than a slicing motion. This will help you achieve clean, precise cuts and prevent the knife from slipping.

2. How should I care for my new knives?

Proper care and maintenance is crucial for keeping your knives in top condition. We recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water and drying them immediately. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges, and always store them in a knife block or sheath to protect the blades.

3. What makes a Santoku knife different from other knives?

Santoku knives are designed for slicing, dicing, and mincing fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats. They have a shorter, wider blade and a straighter edge compared to a traditional chef's knife. This allows for more precision and control while cutting.

4. I'm not used to using such sharp knives. Is there anything I should be aware of?

It's important to always use caution and proper technique when using sharp knives. Make sure to keep your fingers and hands away from the blade while cutting and always use a cutting board. We also recommend using a knife sharpener regularly to maintain the sharpness of your blades.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any additional resources for learning how to use my new knives?

Yes, we offer a variety of cooking classes and demonstrations where you can learn more about using your new knives and other Pampered Chef products. You can also find instructional videos and tips on our website and social media channels. Don't hesitate to reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for personalized assistance as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies