• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate

Including "grog for the grogner." This is what pirates drink to get drunk.# Jolly Roger - The pirate flag. Usually has a skull and crossbones on a white field.
redsoxgirl
I hope ye be talkin' like a swashbucklin pirate today!

tlapdbanner2.gif

If ye be needin' help
http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-Like-a-Pirate

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!Crud. I was just coming in here to post this. Arrr... we be havin' bacon fer breakfast.

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!I'd post something cool, but I'm not very cool at talkin' pirate talk!! :p

Wish I had an eye patch to wear today........hehe

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!Aye lass.... just click on me link above ta talk like a pirate!

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!LOL!

Aaarrrgghh me hearties!

Have a swashbucklin' day, I'm off ter play group with the cabin boy and deck hand...

Umm, I don't think pirate speak is one of my strengths!!

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!LOL! DS and I are reading "Pirates Past Noon" from the Magic Treehouse series right now! This will be fun to do with him when he gets home from school.

Thanks for posting!

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
ChefBeckyD said:
LOL! DS and I are reading "Pirates Past Noon" from the Magic Treehouse series right now! This will be fun to do with him when he gets home from school.

Thanks for posting!

We are reading Magic Tree house books too.... my son is so into them! Just finished The Dark knight this morning.

Jenni said:
We are reading Magic Tree house books too.... my son is so into them! Just finished The Dark knight this morning.

We've read that one! My little guy wants to be a Knight for Halloween now!

We've sort of gone at them backwards. Someone gave us a set that was right in the middle of the series, so we started with those. Then, we just got the first 4 books, so we are reading those now. The only one I didn't care for, and had to adapt and change as I was reading it, was Mummies In The Morning. DS is only 4, and has a vivid imagination, and I really didn't want him dealing with ghosts, and "the book of the dead".

He also loves the Magic Schoolbus books, and another favorite series is "Freddie Fernortner - Fearless First Grader." DS has a couple of older friends that love the Michigan Chillers, and American Chillers books, but again, these are too much for him. The Freddie books are by the same author, but more age appropriate.

http://www.americanchillers.com/Freddie/FFpage02.html

Re: Aarrrrrrrrrr!!!!!:(I keep clicking on the link and it goes to the page for about 2 seconds then back to a google error message! My grandson loves pirates and says, "Arrrrgh!" a lot! He is 2!

pcchefjane said:
:(I keep clicking on the link and it goes to the page for about 2 seconds then back to a google error message! My grandson loves pirates and says, "Arrrrgh!" a lot! He is 2!

HERE IS SOME OF WHAT IT SAYS!

# Avast! - derived from "hold fast". Stop and give attention. This word, like many pirate words, has multiple meanings, so it can also can be used in place of, "Whoa! Get a load of that!" "Check it out" or "No way!" or "Get off!"
# Aye! - "Yes!"
# Aye aye! - "I understand what you said and I will carry out your order!"
# Be - "Am, is, are." As in "I (or Me) be goin' t' get more grog, he be goin' t' get more grog, and they be goin' t' get more grog." This will also avoid confusion between "are" and "arrr" or "arrgh."
# Beauty – The best possible pirate address for a woman. Always preceded by "me," as in, "C'mere, me beauty," or even, "me buxom beauty," to one particularly well endowed. You'll be surprised how effective this is.
# Belay - To immediately cease or stop. Usually used in a disgusted context such as "Belay that landlubber talk!!"
# Bilge rat – The bilge is the lowest level of the ship. It's loaded with ballast and slimy, reeking water. A bilge rat, then, is a rat that lives in the worst place on the ship. Pirates, just like their modern-day counterparts (regular guys), love to joke and jibe with their buddies. By all means, pirates will call their buddies "bilge rats."
# Booty - Anything of value a pirate can plunder.
# Bung hole – It's the hole in a wooden barrel, usually sealed with a cork. To get what's in the barrel out, usually, the cork is pried out, opening the bung hole. Saying, "Well, me hearties, let's see what crawled out of the bung hole" will often be accompanied by the sound of 21st century citizens running for their lives. Yay! Dinner for one, coming up!
# Colors - See also, "Hoist the Colors!" The Pirate flag, with many variations. Designed to strike terror into your opponent, many times they would not even fight back, immediately surrendering.
# Davy Jones' Locker - Where the souls of drowned pirates go.
# Grog – An alcoholic drink, usually rum diluted with water and lime juice, but in this context you could use it to refer to any alcoholic beverage other than beer, and we aren't prepared to be picky about that, either.
# Hoist the Colors! - To raise the Pirate flag before attacking. Also a rallying cry for Pirates before they go into battle.
# Hornpipe – Both a single-reeded musical instrument sailors often had aboard ship, and a spirited dance that sailors do. The common term for being filled with lust is "horny," and hornpipe then has some comical possibilities. "Is that a hornpipe in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? Or both?"
# Hearties or Matey - Shipmates or friends.
# Keel haul - A grisly death indeed. The pirate is tied by a rope at the front of the ship at full sail. He is then kicked off and made to drag along the keel, or bottom spine of the ship, usually through the sharp barnacles clinging to the hull. It would act like a cheese grater. "Ye'll be Keel Hauled!" would strike terror into any pirate.
# Lass - A name for a woman, usually more polite and romantic.
# Lubber – (or land lubber) Where a lubber is a poor seaman, a land lubber is an exceptionally ignorant seaman. [1] In a room where everyone is talking like pirates, lubber is always an insult.
# Motherload - refers to when the largest amount of booty is successfully located.
# Savvy - Ok or understand. As in, "Savvy?" meaning "Do you understand"
# Saucy - Sexy. "Ye be a Saucy Wench!"
# Scrumpet- A name for a women, not the most polite term but not rude either.
# Smartly – Do something quickly. "Smartly, me lass," you might say when sending the bar maid off for another round. She will be so impressed she might well spit in your beer.
# Scurvy - Well, of course, it's an awful affliction that used to bedevil buccaneers in days gone by; that's one reason there was lime juice added to the rum in the water, making grog. So calling someone a "scurvy bilge rat" is even worse than calling him a "bilge rat."
# Shiver me timbers! - Pirate for "Well, I'll be" or "Is that so?". Originating from when a cannon ball hits a ship and the planking shatters into splinters.
# Show a Leg! - Phrase to wake up a sailor. "Show a leg!, it be dawn, you scurvy lubber!".
# Wench - Woman, girl, or waitress. Whatever.
# Yardarm - Not just convenient framework to hang the sails, but often times used as a holding post for the disobedient ol' salts, as in, "Tie that dawg to the yardarm".

Related to I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate

What is "I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate"?

"I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate" is a themed cooking and baking set from Pampered Chef that is perfect for pirate-themed parties or events. It includes products such as a pirate-shaped cookie cutter, pirate-themed measuring cups, and a pirate-themed apron.

What makes "I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate" different from other Pampered Chef products?

This set is unique because it features fun and playful pirate designs that are perfect for special occasions. It also includes specialized products that are not typically found in other Pampered Chef sets, such as the pirate-shaped cookie cutter.

Are the products in this set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the products in the "I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate" set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use.

What types of recipes can I make with this set?

The "I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate" set is versatile and can be used to make a variety of recipes, from cookies and cupcakes to savory dishes like pirate-shaped mini quiches. It also comes with a recipe book for inspiration and ideas.

Is this set suitable for kids to use?

Yes, the "I Hope Ye Be Talkin' Like a Swashbucklin Pirate" set is safe for kids to use with adult supervision. The products are made with high-quality and durable materials, making them safe and easy for children to handle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stephanieboyd
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Intrepid_Chef