• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have Read the Threads, but I Am Still Confused.

In summary, Leslie is considering doing a fundraiser for her school band, but is worried about following the rules set by her school. She is seeking advice from other sources.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
My director is MIA ,so to speak, so I figured I would come to the best source of info...MY PEEPS!(lol)
I have a great opportunity to do a funraiser for the band at our school. There will be over a 100 kids participating and they seem excited about it because they are tired of the popcorn, candy, etc. And their sales seem to be showing it.
My question is this..They are a tax exempt organization. I have read our policies on this and it says that if individuals purchase they must pay sales tax. Here is the proposed question. In all there other fundraisers, the customer makes their payments out to the band boosters and they in turn write a check to the vendor or consultant. They don't want to not follow the laws and I am totally lost.
HELP!! Quick answers would be appreciated as to they are going to try to discuss this at their meeting tomorrow night.

Leslie

Who is receiving the products? The band for resale or the customer? If the band is purchasing products and reselling them, I'm not sure if that is kosher through PC. The warranty is not transferrable. If the customer is purchasing the products and the band is just the way the money gets to you, the tax is applicable.

In their other fundraisers there probably was not a warranty when it involved wrapping paper and popcorn and things and then they could do it b/c of that, but from what i understand of PC's rules and regulation they have to pay the same sales tax as any other individuals orders since the band is not the one actually getting the products. plus, as was just said the warranty is not transferrable. to be for certain i would call HO and that way you know for sure. or email them and then you have their response in writting in case anything ever comes up about it.

What are the most common causes of confusion when reading threads?

The most common causes of confusion when reading threads include unclear or conflicting information, outdated information, and lack of context or background information.

How can I effectively navigate through threads to find the information I need?

To effectively navigate through threads, start by skimming through the entire thread to get a general understanding of the topic. Then, focus on reading the most recent posts and those with the most replies. You can also use the search function or filter options to narrow down the results.

What should I do if I still don't understand something after reading the threads?

If you are still confused after reading the threads, try reaching out to the original poster or other members who have provided helpful information. You can also ask specific questions or clarify any uncertainties in your own post.

Are there any resources outside of the threads that can help me understand the topic better?

Yes, there are often helpful resources such as links, videos, or documents shared within the thread or by other members. You can also do your own research or consult with a mentor or expert in the field.

How can I contribute to the thread and help others who may be confused?

You can contribute to the thread by sharing your own insights, experiences, or knowledge on the topic. You can also ask clarifying questions to help others better understand the information or offer to provide further assistance or resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrny2001
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg