• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering Nerves: My Experience on a Cooking Show Tonight - Tips for Success!

In summary, the person is feeling nervous about their upcoming cooking show and is seeking encouragement and advice from others. They discuss ways to calm nerves and the importance of being yourself. They also mention the possibility of making mistakes and the need to not strive for perfection. The conversation ends with a question about the outcome of the show.
pc_jessica
i have my 3rd cooking show tonight...and i think i am more nervous for this one then i was for my first 2...maybe its because the first two were for my mom and aunt as hosts...this lady i just met at one of those shows...wish me luck, hope i don't forget anything...ive read through my outline a dozen times, but am still saying 'um's and 'uh's and 'ah' all the time :yuck: hopefully i can get through this and get bookings!! i need bookings!!!! okay done rambling now!

Good luck practice on the way there. If you have the DK about the new products play that in your car on the way to the show. Have Fun!!!

This may sound funny but, if you are not nervous, you are worse off!
I get stage fright still after 9 years when I go to a strangers home. And even sometimes when I do a party for old friends. But you know what, when I stress, I do better. I simply get set up, do whatever prep I need to do, then I step outside for a few minutes and just look around at the scenery and NOT think about the party. I make comments on the birds or the houses I am looking at. Mentally of course - I would not want someone to find me talking to myself! I have even gotten physically sick to my stomach! But I turn around, go back in the house, I look things over and bam - it just hits that I can do no wrong. I DO NOT NEED TO BE PERFECT! And a NORMAL conversation with anyone without a few ums, ahs and ohs is NOT normal! So just go with that feeling, let it drive you! That nervous energy is a positive thing and can be guided. Try letting go and letting it take wherever. (Just don't throw knives or sharp object accidentally!) But do let the broccolli fall on the floor, it can be washed, or let the barrel of the grater get a way from you, it to can be washed. WHO CARES?
Honestly, what can you possible do wrong that would be that bad? And remember the more normal you are to people, the more they will love you!

haha okay nerves are normal...nerves are a good thing...nerves can be calmed....nerves can be made into something positive...thanks for your engouragement!!

Good luck!

Just remember - you are a "pampered" chef - not a "perfect" chef! I always say that when I screw something up...

okay im off to my show eeek!!!

pampchefsarah said:
Jessica, how did it go?

you can find out how it went, under my next thread

What causes nerve pain?

Nerve pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, infection, and medical conditions such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis. It can also be a side effect of certain medications or a result of nerve damage from surgery.

How can I manage my nerve pain?

There are several ways to manage nerve pain, including medication prescribed by your doctor, physical therapy, and alternative treatments like acupuncture or massage. It's important to work with your healthcare team to find the best treatment plan for you.

Can diet affect nerve pain?

Yes, certain foods can trigger inflammation and worsen nerve pain symptoms. It's important to eat a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and limit your intake of processed foods, sugar, and unhealthy fats.

What are some lifestyle changes that can help with nerve pain?

In addition to managing your diet, there are several lifestyle changes that can help with nerve pain. These include regular exercise, getting enough sleep, reducing stress, and avoiding activities or positions that aggravate your symptoms.

Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help with nerve pain?

Pampered Chef offers several kitchen products that can make cooking and meal prep easier for those with nerve pain. Our cutting tools, such as the Food Chopper and Salad Chopper, require less hand and wrist strength. We also offer ergonomic kitchen utensils that are designed to be comfortable to use for those with hand or wrist pain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
laylaleigh
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab