1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I hate my nerves!!!

1. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i have my 3rd cooking show tonight...and i think i am more nervous for this one then i was for my first 2...maybe its because the first two were for my mom and aunt as hosts...this lady i just met at one of those shows...wish me luck, hope i don't forget anything...ive read through my outline a dozen times, but am still saying 'um's and 'uh's and 'ah' all the time :yuck: hopefully i can get through this and get bookings!! i need bookings!!!! okay done rambling now!

Aug 27, 2009
  2. Shell Northway

Shell Northway Member

Good luck practice on the way there. If you have the DK about the new products play that in your car on the way to the show. Have Fun!!!

3. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

This may sound funny but, if you are not nervous, you are worse off!
    I get stage fright still after 9 years when I go to a strangers home. And even sometimes when I do a party for old friends. But you know what, when I stress, I do better. I simply get set up, do whatever prep I need to do, then I step outside for a few minutes and just look around at the scenery and NOT think about the party. I make comments on the birds or the houses I am looking at. Mentally of course - I would not want someone to find me talking to myself! I have even gotten physically sick to my stomach! But I turn around, go back in the house, I look things over and bam - it just hits that I can do no wrong. I DO NOT NEED TO BE PERFECT! And a NORMAL conversation with anyone without a few ums, ahs and ohs is NOT normal! So just go with that feeling, let it drive you! That nervous energy is a positive thing and can be guided. Try letting go and letting it take wherever. (Just don't throw knives or sharp object accidentally!) But do let the broccolli fall on the floor, it can be washed, or let the barrel of the grater get a way from you, it to can be washed. WHO CARES?
    Honestly, what can you possible do wrong that would be that bad? And remember the more normal you are to people, the more they will love you!

Aug 27, 2009
  4. pc_jessica

haha okay nerves are normal...nerves are a good thing...nerves can be calmed....nerves can be made into something positive...thanks for your engouragement!!

Aug 27, 2009
  5. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

Good luck!

6. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

Just remember - you are a "pampered" chef - not a "perfect" chef! I always say that when I screw something up...

Aug 27, 2009
  7. pc_jessica

okay im off to my show eeek!!!

Aug 27, 2009
  8. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Jessica, how did it go?

Aug 27, 2009
  9. pc_jessica

you can find out how it went, under my next thread