• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!

In summary, Kristin has been wanting to get more bookings, but was scared to death of the phone. After practicing, she successfully made a call and left messages.
chefkristin
Gold Member
So I have been really wanting to get more bookings. This actually has nothing to do with that. BUT....I was going through some files and found some contacts (over 100) from a Wedding Expo a while back. I got up the nerve and left 20 messages. I didn't get any bookings or anything but I left messages!!! I am scared to death of the phone. After the first couple it was a piece of cake!!! I think I am going to make contact with people on a regular basis!!! I am so proud of myself. Sorry to toot my own horn. :D

Don't apologize for excitement. For some people it's easy to get on the phone and for other...well, not so much. Great job and just try to do a little each day so maybe the fear lessens b/c you don't have to figure out what to say (you just did it the day before!). Congrats and I hope you get bookings. Don't be at all surprised if you don't hear from any of them though. People just don't tend to call us back :)

Jules711 said:
Don't apologize for excitement. For some people it's easy to get on the phone and for other...well, not so much. Great job and just try to do a little each day so maybe the fear lessens b/c you don't have to figure out what to say (you just did it the day before!). Congrats and I hope you get bookings. Don't be at all surprised if you don't hear from any of them though. People just don't tend to call us back :)
Thanks. I am just happy that I got the nerve up to just call. This is just practice-wait till I eally get on the ball--LOL!!!:p

I don't have a hard time calling people, I just have issues deciding WHO to call and how many times. So...instead...I clean my desk. No...I WILL make calls tonight. I'd call now, but I need to talk to people.

I know. Like I said-nothing but voicemails. I will call more tonight. Plus we still have the registry contest till the end of June.

That's awesome, Kristin!! The hardest part is getting those first few done, then you're on a roll. Keep it up!! And remember that for next time you're avoiding doing calls....that the first few are hard, but then it gets easier. Congrats!:)

pamperedbecky said:
That's awesome, Kristin!! The hardest part is getting those first few done, then you're on a roll. Keep it up!! And remember that for next time you're avoiding doing calls....that the first few are hard, but then it gets easier. Congrats!:)
Thanks. I think the hard part will be getting an actual person to answer.

This is great Kristin. Even if you do not get any bookings, you know you can make the calls once you get the nerve up! All those messages give you good practice for an actual conversation.

Keep us posted on your progess!:D

I need to get on the phone myself!

Hey, Kristin, you jumped way outside your comfort zone. Good for you!

Good job, it takes me awhile to "warm up" to making calls at first too! Which reminds me, I need to get on the phone this week to make CC calls!

Related to I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!

1. What is "I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!"?

"I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!" is a popular cookbook produced by Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes for all types of meals and occasions.

2. Is "I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!" is perfect for both beginners and experienced cooks. The recipes are easy to follow and include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips.

3. What types of recipes can I find in "I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes for appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for special diets such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free.

4. Are the ingredients in "I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes are common and can be found in most grocery stores. The cookbook also includes suggestions for substitutions if needed.

5. Does "I Got up the Nerve and Did It!!!" include nutritional information?

Yes, all of the recipes in the cookbook include nutritional information such as calories, fat, and sodium per serving. This makes it easy to plan meals according to dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CJMoore
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pampered1224