• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Got Stiffed Not Once, but Twice!!

In summary, the host has had to pay for orders because of bounced checks in the past, and now she has adopted a policy of not submitting shows without payment in full.
jasonmva
Silver Member
Oh I really need to vent this because it has been festering inside me for a couple of months now. First I had a party back in October and there was one guest who had their check returned. Thank goodness I had to have the show be delivered to me because the host was out of town. Ok so I called the guest to let her know and she said she was never notified by her bank the check was returned. Ok fine, she was suppose to go get the cash and call me to meet with me. I still have yet to hear from her. I am so tired of leaving messages.

So when I think that was over and I learned my lesson, a guest from a November show had their credit card declined...twice!!! So I had to end up paying for the order because I really didn't want the host to lose out on all of her free stuff. Again I had everything ship to me so I also had to pay the additional shipping charge. I have been leaving this guest multiple messages and no return call.

So, I am out close to $200 but at least I have all of the products. Now I have to decide if I just want to keep them or resell them. I know 2 of the things I already have but I might just save for Christmas and give them as gifts.

Thank you guys for letting me vent my frustration. I feel better now. :)

I had a bounced check on a show (small order thankfully) and I couldn't get in touch with the person, I was able to return the items and get my refund from PC. You might want to try that.

Might not help now, but could you get a refund from PC if you have them sent back? If you did it within 30 days, you wouldn't have to pay to ship it back. I would leave a message for anyone who didn't pay for it saying that they had until such & such date or else their order will be returned. What a bummer--sorry!

After my one bounced check experience I no longer submit shows w/o payment in full and all checks cleared. I don't care if the show takes forever to close - the host can get on her friends about coughing up the $$ but NO show gets submitted without all funds cleared. period.

So if PC would let me return them, they wouldn't reduce the host show or anything since it was already submitted and recieved?

nope! You might have some commission taken back, but nothing would be taken from the host.

I don't think your commission gets adjusted unless it's an entire show or an individual order that is returned.

dannyzmom said:
After my one bounced check experience I no longer submit shows w/o payment in full and all checks cleared. I don't care if the show takes forever to close - the host can get on her friends about coughing up the $$ but NO show gets submitted without all funds cleared. period.

I agree...after reading some horror stories on here I adopted the same policy. Sometimes it takes the banks a little time to clear the check. Now that pc gives us until the 5th for incentives I tell the host we have to have th party closed by the last day of the month to get the specials of that month.

When it happen to me, I left the customer a message that here check bounce and that I had her products and if she did not clear up this matter buy (date). Pampered Chef will take care of any any problem up to 30 days. So when it got close to the 30 days I called Pampered Chef and had them to do a pick up from me and they just refund me on my debit card.

But on a good note, at least you have the products in hand to return. They could have been delivery to the host and the host gave to the customer and then you found out the check bounce.

Hope this helps!

This is one reason I have all my shows delivered to me. I can at least send the show in on time and if the check doesn't clear I have the stuff to return if need be.

Return the items. You might have to pay shipping. BUT...you should get your money back. Pampered Chef will not penalize you. I have never worked for a company that is so forgiving. Let them know that you honestly thought that you were going to be reimbursed and did it in good faith. All will be fine. If you did this on a regular basis it would probably show up and be a problem, but we are human and PC understands.

jasonmva said:
So if PC would let me return them, they wouldn't reduce the host show or anything since it was already submitted and recieved?
They will not adjust anything at all unless you're returning an entire show. The one time I got stiffed, PC refunded me the entire order - including shipping (and also paid for UPS to come to my house to pick up the products). Seriously, the Home Office does everything possible to make sure WE are happy out here "in the field"! :)

cla519 said:
This is one reason I have all my shows delivered to me. I can at least send the show in on time and if the check doesn't clear I have the stuff to return if need be.

Me too i have all my shows delivered to me, i sort them and then i deliver the show to my host, my bank takes 5 business days to clear checks !

D_Patel said:
Me too i have all my shows delivered to me, i sort them and then i deliver the show to my host, my bank takes 5 business days to clear checks !

Been there done that recently also and am considering doing this also.
Schel

I read somewhere on here that you can take a declined check to the person's bank and if there are funds available, their bank will give you the cash. I tried this about 2 months ago after my bank mailed me a customer's bounced check. It worked! I was still out the fee my bank charged but at least I got paid for the order (and, phone coward that I am, I didn't even have to talk to the customer!!)

I have had two checks bounce in over a year of business. Both were very apologetic and were happy to cover the bounce charges.

Related to I Got Stiffed Not Once, but Twice!!

What happened when you got stiffed twice?

Unfortunately, I did not receive the expected payment for two separate orders. This can happen due to various reasons such as issues with the payment method or miscommunication.

What steps did you take after getting stiffed?

As per company policy, I immediately contacted the customer to discuss the situation and try to find a resolution. I also reported the incident to my team leader and followed the necessary procedures.

Did you end up getting paid for those orders?

Yes, after following the proper protocol and working with the customer to resolve the issue, I was able to receive payment for both orders. The customer apologized for the delay and we were able to come to a mutual agreement.

How does Pampered Chef handle situations like these?

Pampered Chef takes customer satisfaction very seriously and has a clear policy in place for handling payment discrepancies. We work closely with both the consultant and the customer to find a solution and ensure that all parties are satisfied.

Is getting stiffed a common issue for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, getting stiffed is not a common issue for Pampered Chef consultants. Our company has a strong reputation for providing quality products and excellent customer service, and we do our best to prevent and resolve any payment issues that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies