1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser I found some local Relay for Life team, now what should I do?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I went and searched and found some local teams, so what should I do now? I went on one of their sites and it sounds like they already have fundraising plans. Do I contact them anyway about PC's HWC? Then they could have the info and maybe plan for a future event using PC?

What is the best way to approach them? I just have zero experience with RFL and fundraising so I just want to be sure I'm saying the appropriate things.

I do have flyers, letters and handouts all ready to give to potential fundraising groups, so it's just making that initial contact that I'm not sure about.

May 8, 2009
  2. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

Call the local center that covers the area you are in and ask to speak to the ACS (American Cancer Society) Relay representative about coming to the meeting. Where I live in PA it is a county-wide event. You can ask about getting together at their next meeting and seeing if you could be there to talk to the "captains". Those are the people in charge of the teams. Or you could just talk directly to the captains outside of the meetings.
    The teams are always looking for ways to raise more money.
    You could also find out when the actual event is being held and talk to the ACS Relay rep for your area to find out if you could set up a booth at the event. You would probably need to make sure that you have cash and carry because that will be the easiest or do direct ship orders only, then cut a % off the profits and hand in before closing ceremonies, or let them know the total they will get before the closing ceremonies.
    I hope this helps. I am on the committee for our local Relay and have been the Activities Chair for the last 4 years. It is a GREAT thing to be involved in!!

Good luck!!

3. Maragib

Maragib Member

My relay for life team is not so much interested in selling items on their own, but I got them to buy items (for self and gifts) as well as created a Basket wish list that people bought items to be donated to the Silent Auction that takes place at our RFL. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of our basket at the event will be counted towards our team total - plus we will get the 10% from PC. So you could spin it that way to some of the captains. Or get in with one of the teams and be availiable to sell hwc stuff the weekend of at their tent.

May 9, 2009
  4. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Amanda - what type of flyers/handouts are you using? I plan on trying to get to our RFL on Friday/Saturday but I'm not sure yet what to do/hand out. I have a show in Harrisburg on Friday night so I'm not even sure if I will make it but I have it on my calendar. Any tidbits would be helpful! (My intentions are to try to get them to do fundraisers as well)

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2009
Have something to add?