• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Found Some Local Relay for Life Team, Now What Should I Do?

I went and searched and found some local teams, so what should I do now? If you're looking for teams to join in a relay for life, local centers usually have lists of participating teams. You can also look online or attend local relay for life events to find teams. After looking through the local teams' websites, it seems as though one of them already has a fundraising plan in place. If you're interested in joining the team, it's best to contact them directly to get more information. You can also distribute flyers and handouts at their next meeting, or try to meet with the captains outside of the events. Whatever you do, make sure to be polite and respectful when
babywings76
Gold Member
I went and searched and found some local teams, so what should I do now? I went on one of their sites and it sounds like they already have fundraising plans. Do I contact them anyway about PC's HWC? Then they could have the info and maybe plan for a future event using PC?

What is the best way to approach them? I just have zero experience with RFL and fundraising so I just want to be sure I'm saying the appropriate things.

I do have flyers, letters and handouts all ready to give to potential fundraising groups, so it's just making that initial contact that I'm not sure about.

Call the local center that covers the area you are in and ask to speak to the ACS (American Cancer Society) Relay representative about coming to the meeting. Where I live in PA it is a county-wide event. You can ask about getting together at their next meeting and seeing if you could be there to talk to the "captains". Those are the people in charge of the teams. Or you could just talk directly to the captains outside of the meetings.
The teams are always looking for ways to raise more money.
You could also find out when the actual event is being held and talk to the ACS Relay rep for your area to find out if you could set up a booth at the event. You would probably need to make sure that you have cash and carry because that will be the easiest or do direct ship orders only, then cut a % off the profits and hand in before closing ceremonies, or let them know the total they will get before the closing ceremonies.
I hope this helps. I am on the committee for our local Relay and have been the Activities Chair for the last 4 years. It is a GREAT thing to be involved in!!

Good luck!!

My relay for life team is not so much interested in selling items on their own, but I got them to buy items (for self and gifts) as well as created a Basket wish list that people bought items to be donated to the Silent Auction that takes place at our RFL. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of our basket at the event will be counted towards our team total - plus we will get the 10% from PC. So you could spin it that way to some of the captains. Or get in with one of the teams and be availiable to sell hwc stuff the weekend of at their tent.

Amanda - what type of flyers/handouts are you using? I plan on trying to get to our RFL on Friday/Saturday but I'm not sure yet what to do/hand out. I have a show in Harrisburg on Friday night so I'm not even sure if I will make it but I have it on my calendar. Any tidbits would be helpful! (My intentions are to try to get them to do fundraisers as well)

Thanks!

Hi there! Congratulations on taking the first step in reaching out to local teams for fundraising opportunities. It's great that you have already found some potential teams to work with.In terms of contacting them, I would recommend reaching out to them via email or phone. Introduce yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant and explain that you came across their team and are interested in discussing potential fundraising opportunities with them.When it comes to the HWC, you can mention it as an option for them to consider, but also be open to their own fundraising plans and see if there is a way to incorporate Pampered Chef products into their events.As for approaching them, be genuine and transparent about your intentions. Let them know that you are new to fundraising and are open to learning from them and working together to plan a successful event. Don't be afraid to ask questions and gather more information about their team and their goals for fundraising.Lastly, I would highly recommend offering to send them your flyers, letters, and handouts for them to review. This will give them a better understanding of what Pampered Chef has to offer and how they can potentially benefit from working with you.I wish you all the best in your fundraising endeavors and I'm sure with your enthusiasm and prepared materials, you will do great! Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck!

What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is a community fundraising event in which teams take turns walking or running around a designated track or path to raise money for the American Cancer Society. It also serves as a way to honor and remember those who have been affected by cancer.

How do I join a local Relay for Life team?

You can join a local Relay for Life team by reaching out to your local American Cancer Society chapter or searching for teams on the official Relay for Life website. You can also ask friends, family, or coworkers if they are part of a team and if you can join them.

What should I do once I have found a local Relay for Life team?

Once you have found a local Relay for Life team, the first thing you should do is introduce yourself to the team captain. They will be able to provide you with information about team meetings, fundraising events, and any other important details. You can also ask them how you can contribute and get involved with the team's efforts.

Can I start my own Relay for Life team?

Yes, you can start your own Relay for Life team! Simply visit the official Relay for Life website and click on the "Start a Team" button. You will be guided through the process of creating a team and setting up your team's fundraising page. Don't forget to invite friends, family, and coworkers to join your team and support your fundraising efforts!

What are some ways I can help my local Relay for Life team?

There are many ways you can help your local Relay for Life team, such as participating in team fundraisers, recruiting new team members, spreading awareness about the event, and volunteering at the actual event. You can also make a direct donation to the team or the American Cancer Society. Every little bit helps in the fight against cancer!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956