• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Update: Fundraiser Successes & Tips from Team Meetings

In summary, Kathy contacted the local relay representatives and some team leaders to get the word out about the fundraiser, but she did not hear back from any of them. She also contacted one of the coordinators from last year, but did not hear back from her either.
sillylittlechef
who has relay fundraisers going right now, and how many did you get? I know some of you went to team meetings. I am just wondering if anything came from them. I sent info to my local relay and so far only one person wants to do one. (Not the team, just one person) Atleast, I'll end up with a catalog show, but I feel bad. I thought I sent all the right info to get people's attention and show how great a fundraiser with PC could be. SO, I want to know everyone else's experiences with relay this year.

I went to the team captain's meeting on Monday. I handed out 25 old catalogs with a flyer and a drawing slip. The drawing slip was my director's idea and a great one at that! She recommended that I offer Mega-shows for the teams, and offer raffle prizes for the mega shows. So to show that I'm not going to be giving away junky prizes, I brought a stoneware bar pan that I had bought for $6 in Feb and raffled it off. I got 25 slips back with 1 YES, 4 no's and all the rest maybe's! (I guess that makes 20 for the math whizzes out there!) So today is my day to get on the phone and call them all back! I have also gotten an email from another team!

That is great. May you end up with those maybes all turning into yeses.

I contacted the local reps and they passed my info to the team leaders and coaches but I never heard anything

Kathy, see if you can go to one of their meetings. I think they either A, don't pass on the info, or B, the teams are overwhelmed with info and don't get it. I emailed a few different relay coordinators last year and only one let me go to the meeting. That's the only one I got a fundraiser with!

Related to Relay for Life Update: Fundraiser Successes & Tips from Team Meetings

1. How much money was raised at the Relay for Life fundraiser?

At our most recent Relay for Life event, our team was able to raise over $10,000 through various fundraising efforts including bake sales, raffles, and donations from friends and family.

2. What were some successful fundraising strategies used by your team?

We found that hosting a bake sale at a local farmer's market was a great way to reach a large audience and raise funds. We also had success with hosting a silent auction and selling homemade crafts.

3. How did you encourage team members to reach their fundraising goals?

We set individual fundraising goals for each team member and provided them with resources and support to help them reach those goals. We also offered incentives such as gift cards or prizes for those who exceeded their goals.

4. What tips do you have for teams just starting their fundraising efforts?

Start early and get creative! Don't be afraid to think outside the box and try new fundraising ideas. Also, make sure to use social media and other online platforms to reach a larger audience and promote your fundraiser.

5. How can individuals who are unable to attend the event still support the fundraiser?

There are many ways for individuals to support the fundraiser, even if they are unable to attend the event. They can make a donation directly to the team's fundraising page, purchase items from a virtual fundraiser, or even volunteer their time to help with planning and organizing the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
Replies
Views
byrd1956