• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director I Can't Stand It When a Host Says That They Have an Order With Missing

In summary, a host said that she had an order with missing products -- $100 in missing products out of a $700 order.
jwpamp
I can't STAND it when a host says that they have an order with missing products -- one or two small things, maybe -- but $100 in MISSING products out of a $700 order?

PLEASE! :grumpy:

Is she missing a box? Maybe all her boxes haven't been delivered.

A missing box would be my guess too...there's no way $100 would be missing - those boxes are weighed, so a couple small things could slip by, but $100?

Yep, all her boxes arrived. My guess is that she just wanted extra stuff -- what am I supposed to do? Just put it in as 'missing' items and let the company figure out what they want to do --

jwpamp said:
Yep, all her boxes arrived. My guess is that she just wanted extra stuff -- what am I supposed to do? Just put it in as 'missing' items and let the company figure out what they want to do --

Let her call HO and explain it. Get it out of your hands.

maybe she double picked someone's order?? I've done it myself on a large show. Picked the products and then tried to do it again b/c I had 2 copies of the receipt.

I had a host who's daughter lived across the country and her $75 (before shipping and tax) was stolen. It was delivered by Fed Ex, however. I replaced the entire order for her myself. No one else was going to do it.:bawl:

jwpamp said:

That's really all you can do. I'd enter the adjustment and then let Home Office deal directly with her if they have any questions.

That's exactly what I did -- she's a past consultant (not mine) and knows the system --

My guess is that they will investigate this one.On multiple missing items, I usually call to see what box each item was packed in so we can determine if it was post office theft (happened on Okinawa with one particular Post Office), HO packing error, Host brain fart/mis-sort, etc. I had a host swear up & down that she looked at the "Box ___ of ___" in the upper right hand corner of the packing slip, knew how many boxes that she was getting and had gotten ALL of them. Yes, she was sure ... she wasn't missing ANY boxes. I called HO & everything she was missing was all in the same box. I held off on the adjustment, called the host back, told her that she should have packing slips in hand for Box 1 of 5, Box 2 of 5, Box 3 of 5 and Box 5 of 5 and asked her to confirm is she had a packing slip for Box 4 of 5. Nope! (Airhead) Box #4 of 4 arrived the next day.

I had a host missing an entire box of stones. It said it was shipped and delivered...it wasn't delivered. So they sent it out again, no question. I know this woman well and am positive she didn't have it. I'm thinking UPS gave it to someone else by accident and that person kept it.

Just a thought. Did someone combine an order with someone else? I just had a host say her mom's entire order did not arrive. That was because she put it on someone else's order and forgot.

Nope -- the stuff was from her order. She said that all the boxes did arrive. HO has already sent the replacements -- so sad that some people are like that, for sure.

1. What does it mean when a host says they have an order with missing items?

When a host mentions that they have an order with missing items, it means that a customer's order is incomplete and some items are missing. This could be due to various reasons such as shortage of ingredients, miscommunication with the kitchen staff, or mistakes made during the ordering process.

2. How does a missing order affect the customer's experience?

A missing order can greatly affect the customer's experience as it can lead to frustration, disappointment, and even anger. Not receiving all the items they ordered can ruin the dining experience and leave a negative impression of the restaurant.

3. What should I do if I realize my order is missing items?

If you notice that your order is missing items, it is important to inform your server or the host immediately. They will be able to rectify the situation and ensure that you receive all the items you ordered. You can also ask for a refund or a replacement item if necessary.

4. How can restaurants prevent orders with missing items?

To prevent orders with missing items, restaurants can implement efficient communication systems between servers, hosts, and kitchen staff. They can also conduct regular inventory checks to ensure that all ingredients are available and properly stocked. Additionally, training staff to double-check orders before serving them can also help prevent missing items.

5. What can I do as a customer to avoid getting a missing order?

As a customer, you can help prevent missing orders by double-checking your order before submitting it. Make sure to clearly communicate any special requests or modifications to your server. If you do notice missing items, kindly inform your server or the host and give them a chance to fix the issue before getting upset.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebPC