• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Over It!!!!! (Also on Biz Tips )

In summary, Meg is over her phone phobia and is successfully booking shows. She is using scripts from her home office, but wants to try her own scripts too. She broke the phone phobia by committing to make calls everyday and listening to Lyn Conway's CDs and workbook.
mrssyvo
I am over my phone phobia- After suffering from it since I started my business (October, 05) I am officially cured!!!! I committed to make 3 calls a day, when I came home from conference, and then upped it to 5 calls a day since listening to Lyn Conway's "Language of Success" CD's, and it has made such a difference in my business. I make up my call list in the morning, after devotions, and after praying for God to bless my efforts. I have been consistent for 1 week, and I have booked 12 SHOWS!!!!!!. I keep calling scripts at my desk, and decide which one to use before I dial. At first I thought it sounded forced, but I did it anyway, and now it is no deal. I break up my phone times into daytime, and early evening, and I have been so successful, and even those who do not book, usually seem glad to hear from me. I am using these calls to update them on specials, and also just make that personal connection. I really do think that is what will make or break your business, the personal connection. My next goal is to ask for referrals with each call. The cd's of Lyn Conways are amazing, and I downloaded the workbook pages, which have helped alot also.

sounds great mrssyvo! fgood job!

I am so happy for you!

I know that ccc's need to become a habit for me, and then they wouldn't be so scary!

Way to go!

ththcheerleader.gif
ththcheerleader.gif
ththcheerleader.gif
ththcheerleader.gif
ththcheerleader.gif

How awesome!!! So happy for you!! I am trying the 5 a day too!! We will see.

Which scripts are you using may I ask? The ones from home office? Or your own? Please share!!

Congratulations! That's great! Booking 12 shows is awesome...

Kelly, Attached are the ones I use the most.

Attachments

• customercarecalls[1].doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Full Service Calls.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 433
Thanks for the info.!!!

I posted the wrong one, sorry

Attachments

• Script for Bookings Stall.doc
    28 KB · Views: 472
THANKS!!! Those are great!

what an inspiration you have been to me....I have spent the last few days "making the lists" of folks to call (really procrastinating is what it was) and so now I really have NO excuse not to get the phone in hand and JUST DO IT! Those scripts are great!
Right here and now, I will make 5 contacts/day and get my August where I want it and book those fall shows! I have to work on my recruiting and this is a perfect "excuse" to do it!
I will let ya'll know how it goes! Keep me on my toes and remind me regularly that I have promised to do this!

Meg, I know that you can do it!!!! I was my own worst enemy, making every excuse why I could not make the calls, but NO MORE!!!!! At conference, something Lyn Conway said that really spoke to me was, it is not about me!! If they say no, it does not mean they do not like me, and even if they are rude, it still is not about me, it is about them. It was really weird, it was soemthing I "knew" but it just hit home at that moment when I heard it, and it freed me up to make those first few calls, and then it got the ball rolling! I also have been leaving the call on a positive note, even if they say no to a booking, I ask them if they want me to continue to call them when there is something new. If they do not want to hear again from me, I would like to know it now, and save my time for someone who does want what I have to offer.

[/QUOTE]If they do not want to hear again from me, I would like to know it now, and save my time for someone who does want what I have to offer.[/QUOTE]
Reall good point-I don't think I ever looked at it this way! I missed Lyn Conway at Conference this year but had heard her a few years ago & purchased her CD's...I guess I need to listen to them again!

mrssyvo said:
If they do not want to hear again from me, I would like to know it now, and save my time for someone who does want what I have to offer.
Never really thought of it this way..gonna have to listen to those Lyn Conway CD's again!

Anyone willing to burn her CD's for me?

I have her old ones...not the ones from this past Conference. I'd be happy to burn them for you if you are interested...gotta find them first, though!

Deb, I will have Ken burn you a copy- You can download the workbook pages from her website-

That is so great! I'm going to have to look at the workbook.

That is soo awesome for you! My biggest problem in my biz is this contacting with confidence no doubt! For 2 years I've only made a few dozen calls (talking to people in person anyways)most I leave messages with. But I have only made the CC calls, never have I pushed for bookings. It gets easier after the first couple of calls though, it's just a matter of sticking to it with consistancy that I need to work on! EVERY Day 3 a day is my biggest task! Great job!

Heather, I think the key to success is consistencey. If you are doing this every day, it just becomes something that you do, it is just part of your job. I used to try to do it, and it became this big thing in the room I always walked around, but then I realized that it (the phobia) was holding me back from the success that I knew was my right. I would pray for God to bless my business, but then I could not pick up this inanimate object (the phone) and make a call? It made no sense when I thought about it that way. I realized God could only do so much, and then I tied His hands by refusing to do something so simple as make a phone call. No More !!!

OK-I have made only 4 calls-left 3 messages and when I talked to a live person, I GOT A BOOKING!:D

And she's off..........

just talked to a good friend-she asked me to put her down for October but to send her the flyer for September and she would see if any of her friends are interested in hosting then!
This is actually quite fun when I have ya'll to share it with!:rolleyes:

contacted a few more folks and got times to return the calls tomorrow and Friday! I'll let you know that going into these calls tonight, I had only 3 shows for September...now I have 5 with the potential to have 7! SO EXCITED! Gotta stop now though, as I am losing my voice!

Wow, great!!!

I should get on that phone, too!!

I read this thread this morning and decided I would make some calls (well, 1 for sure) on my commute home. I put it off until just a little while ago. It was a family friend who bought the 8" saute pan at my 1st show a month ago. I was hoping for a booking for Sept so she could complete the set. No go but I got a referral for her DIL. Only problem is she lives 2 hrs away. I really like her so I think I'll call her anyway. My DH parents live nearby so we may make a weekend of it if she books... and I may work on a recruit! Once she picked up it was not big deal! I need to do more of these! Thanks for the push!

Okay, guess I need to get off my butt!

See what I mean, Just make yourself do it, and before you know it, you wonder what you were so afraid of !!!!

I found a real problem. I was making a list of who I would like to call tomorrow. I don't have phone #'s for half of these people!! UGG. I am going to have to start making sure that these are on there for now on! I do have email addresses, but no numbers.

That could be a problem. I run into that with outside orders. Try White pages.com, to look them up.

I might try that, and lesson learned.

krzymomof4 said:
I found a real problem. I was making a list of who I would like to call tomorrow. I don't have phone #'s for half of these people!! UGG. I am going to have to start making sure that these are on there for now on! I do have email addresses, but no numbers.

One good place for finding phone numbers is anywhoo.com - most people will assume they gave you their number if you mention where you met them/got their contact info. It does not take all that long to look up a bunch of numbers.

My bride is a Mary Kay consultant, and she helps me with some gems... Mary Kay Ashe said, "It doesn't matter if you do everything wrong - if you have the right attitude, you will succeed. Even if you do everything right, but have the wrong attitude, you will not. Attitude makes the difference." and "treat everyone as if she was wearing a sign that said Make Me Feel Special Today".

Other handy ideas are, to start with a compliment (liked your house / you sound like you are spending lots of quality time with your family / you do so much hard work and are so involved from 9-4, wouldn't you like to relax with some girlfriends and let someone else do the cooking?)

The CustCareCall Scripts on CC are awesome - anyone who I'm calling that I don't know well, I just walk through those scripts and have booked with those words.

Good Luck; God Bless!

-praying for Paige and her family-

1. How did you overcome your phone phobia?

I committed to making a certain number of calls every day and used scripts to guide my conversations. Additionally, I prayed for God's blessing on my efforts and made sure to make a personal connection with each person I called.

2. How many calls do you make each day?

I started with 3 calls a day and then increased it to 5 calls a day after listening to Lyn Conway's "Language of Success" CD's. This consistency has been key to my success in booking 12 shows in just one week.

3. How do you decide what script to use?

I keep a variety of scripts at my desk and choose one that fits the situation before making a call. At first it may have felt forced, but now it comes naturally and helps me make a successful connection with each person I call.

4. How do you break up your phone times?

I divide my phone times into daytime and early evening. This allows me to reach people at different times of day and increases my chances of success.

5. What is your next goal with phone calls?

My next goal is to ask for referrals with each call. I believe that building a strong personal connection is crucial in any business, and asking for referrals can help grow my business even further.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • poohritz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings