• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Getting Married Next Week!!

In summary, the bride is stressing out about her wedding and is looking for advice. Her new husband and daughter are supporting her.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I can't believe that I am getting married in a week, WOW six months has flowen by rather quickly...... Yes I am stressed and scared, and nervous, all balled into one!!! Any words of advice??

Catch a plane for Portugal.

Now why would I want to do a thing like that for???

Okay, Texas, then. The fare will be lower.;)

Don't listen to him!! Naughty KG!! Marriage is a wonderful blessing and I wish you and your new husband all the luck in the world. I can't imagine my life without the love and support of my husband, and you are doing a great thing for your daughter too! Good luck to you!

P.S. The night before my wedding I spent the night at my Grandma's house so I could relax by myself. I took a long bath and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It was one of the most relaxing fun things I did!!

Congrats Leah!

KG, you are too much..yeah I know I'm not the first to tell you that....nor the last I'm sure.

Not to scare you Leah, but those nerves only get worse if you let it. What horror stories I could tell you from my wedding plans up through the actual event. Just remember if anything goes awry at the wedding, it is only one day in the rest of your lives together. Plus, it adds "character" your wedding story. I wish you all the best. PS..don't forget to keep the video camera on at all times as you could win up to $100,000 on AFV.
Valky

Do your best to get some rest this week. Remember you are the only one that will know what is not right so try to not stress as much. LOL, I know pretty useless advise.

I never knew what happiness was until I got married.But then, it was too late.

Shut it Kitchen Guy!! You're probably SCARING her!!

[Folds hands, looks at feet, digs toe in dirt]I'm sorry, it was just a joke. The Kat Lady isn't here to point out that was my first marriage.[slowly and quietly backs out of thread]

This is my second marriage acctually, it's the second marriage for both my new hubby to be and I..... So I am a little nervous right now!!

This is my second marriage acctually, it's the second marriage for both my new hubby to be and I
Same here, but I must point out that it was my first REAL marriage and my first wedding ceremony (JotP first time). It has been 15+ yrs since we said our vows and new that if we could survive the trials of "the day" we would make it. His uncle placed bets that we would never make it because of our age difference (he is 12 yrs my sr.) I guess we have proved him wrong thus far. Anyway, just relax and be happy.
Valky

We have both come to a conclusion that this is our first real marriage... becasue we both had really horrible first marriages.

Just relax and have a wonderful time!! We will be thinking of you! Are you going on a honeymoon?

We are driving down the Oregon Coast for our honeymoon!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
We have both come to a conclusion that this is our first real marriage... becasue we both had really horrible first marriages.

But you have a beautiful daughter out of it. Is she in the wedding? How big is the wedding? Remember, this is your day to have fun. Don't let yourself be so stressed that you don't enjoy it. If the wedding is in the afternoon why don't you go have a relaxing massage or breakfast with your hubby to be (bad luck? i dont think so). Don't let anything get to you. People may say insensitive stuff to you but you have to remember that the day is not about them, it is all about YOU! Have a blast, eats lots, dance hard, and then LEAVE!!!! Good luck to you. I am always very excited for a second marriage when you know it is the right guy. YOu know this is what you were meant for.

mommyhugz1978 said:
We are driving down the Oregon Coast for our honeymoon!!!

Have a wonderful time and DON'T sneak on Chef Success!! LOL!:D

One thing that a good friend said to me just before I walked down the isle 15 years ago was "to remember to remember". With all the excitement and all you will forget everything.

Also, the best advise I can give you is to laugh. I feel if you can laugh with your spouse then things are good. Congrats!!!!!

Wedding DayIt's a wonderful day!! Congratulations! I remember my wedding, it was simple but romantic and I had a blast!
I remembered not to get stressed out about stuff. I had lots of fun, and when we went to the coast for our honeymoon we had an even better time!

I forgot the wedding rings at my parent's house. I had my brother run back home to get them. It was a small, elegant wedding chapel about 5 minutes from my parent's house.
I made the boutonnieres, corsages, and my wedding bouquet. It was so much fun and saved me money for my honeymoon. We stayed in a really nice spa suite!
My wonderful romantic husband takes me to a bed and breakfast twice a year. One for our anniversary and another for my birthday. The bed and breakfasts in Fredericksburg, TX are great!
Debbie :D

We are having a rather small wedding I think their willbe some where in the neighborhood of 100 people their. Yes my daughter is in the wedding she is one of four flower girls, her new cousins are my other three flower girls. We are getting married in the afternoon!! I am having a girls night the night before the wedding so that should be nice and relaxing for me!!!

sarahmarie said:
But you have a beautiful daughter out of it. Is she in the wedding? How big is the wedding? Remember, this is your day to have fun. Don't let yourself be so stressed that you don't enjoy it. If the wedding is in the afternoon why don't you go have a relaxing massage or breakfast with your hubby to be (bad luck? i dont think so). Don't let anything get to you. People may say insensitive stuff to you but you have to remember that the day is not about them, it is all about YOU! Have a blast, eats lots, dance hard, and then LEAVE!!!! Good luck to you. I am always very excited for a second marriage when you know it is the right guy. YOu know this is what you were meant for.

It sounds like you have everything very well planned and it sounds like its going to be a fun event! Just from reading your posts in this thread I can tell you have nothing to worry about. Relax and enjoy!
Becky

Early congrats. Relax and take a deep breath, it only happens once.

The only thing that I have to worry about is the weather... I dont' knwo if it is going to snow or not.... or rain or both... and I am getting married two hours away from where I live and then having the receiption where we go to chruch at .

Leah,

Make sure to get lots of pictures taken! They will be so wonderful to look at later on in your marriage. Good luck and congratulations!

Just go with the flow....arrangements have been made and just make sure you are to the church on time! I am in my second marriage...my husband's first. I was married young and had two children from the first marriage. My boys were 3 and 5 when I met my wonderful husband. He has since adopted them and we have been together 10years now. We never had a church wedding...married by the mayor and next July...we will have our church wedding. We have two little girls together so all 4 of our kids will be in the wedding. I can't wait for the special moment! What a special day it will be! Of course, I can't make it to conference but I'll be there in spirit! Loved it this past year! I've been in Pampered Chef a whole year on November 30th! I love it! Well, good luck to you and everything will be fine as long as you and your hubbie are happy and together! The world could crumble down around me and as long as my hubbie and kids are in my arms...nothing else would matter! Congratulaions!

congratulations!!!

I just have to put my two cents in. We are in a second marriage (met in a Prayer Group) and approaching our 25th anniversary. I pray that you have a strong, shared faith in God. It has made all the difference in the world for us. We also found much support through attending Marriage Encounters, as we progressed through the years. It taught us valuable lessons in communicating. May you be blessed with lots of loving family and friends, to share your happy day.
[

I'm sure your wedding will be a huge success and remember the wedding is just hte beginning! :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Catch a plane for Portugal.

This cracks me up because that was my thoughts exactly. Well, if you're really going through with it, at least catch a plane to Vegas. It's the only way to get married.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I never knew what happiness was until I got married.

But then, it was too late.

hey I found out my happiness went down the tubes after I got married.. so divorced his sorry BEEP!!!

hee hee, but that was many moons ago... I have since met a wonderful sweet caring lovable sensitive guy (yep they are out there.... few and far between but they are there) and I know that you certainly have one of those too!! I wish you a wonderful life together with your sweetie. You deserve only the best!!! Your wedding day will be wonderful, memorable and fun!!! Don't stress out over anything. What I learned from mine was to sit back and just enjoy the day.. the main reason for the day is for the marriage itself.. after that its just one big party!!! hee hee ooh and be sure your wedding cake is not styrofoam cake decorated with icing!! LOL Seems thats what mine was.. never knew til the photographer told us to cut deeper into the cake and teh MIL whispered it was stryofoam!! LOL ahhh the memories!!!

Cheers!

Never go to bed angry!!
we will be married 20 years in June & since VCRs were fairly new we opted not to have it videotaped.
IF ONLY WE HAD......we were walking up to the main part of the altar to say our vows my shoe fell off and was just sitting on the step. We neither one wanted to go get it so we stood their holding hands while the guests are quietly snickering and the best man picks it up helps me raise my gown and slips it on my foot!!
We have great photos from the photographer but, no video.
Teresa

Don't worry about the weather! We were supposed to be married on a beautfil, sunny day in May. Well, turned out to be rainy and about 50 outside. Went to my hair appointment in the only torn jeans and flannel/button down shirt I could find. They moved our ceremony inside and it was wonderful. Everyone had a great time and still talk about it.

Some bloopers from my wedding:

We had a family friend marry us, and he meant to say something about "such actions" but said "sex actions" instead. The whole place erupted!

After the ceremony my husband backed into the unity candle and they fell on the floor. All three flames went out and DH had wax all over his pants. Apparently the symbolism doesn't mean much because we are still here almost 4 years later!

I dont' know if anyone on here is familar with the mormon relgion, but my fiance and I are mormon, our regligion believes in being married in a temple for time and all eternity, that is what we are doing next friday, its a small simple cermony, I am wasnt' expecting the support from my fellow cheffers like I have gotten on here, but you have me laughing and crying for the past 15 or so mins...... I truly have met a wonderful man, he plans to adopt my little girl in a years time as his own. Thank you so much for the advice and wonderful kind words of friendship that you guys keep sending my way, it means so much to me..... David ( soon to be DH) is truly my best friend, the love of my life. Love to all, Leah

mommyhugz1978 said:
I dont' know if anyone on here is familar with the mormon relgion, but my fiance and I are mormon, our regligion believes in being married in a temple for time and all eternity...

I love old traditions like that. It is just so moving!

The thoughts of knowing that families can be together forever is a big thing in our church, so right now their are a lot of emotions that are running high!!!Love to All,Leah

I could post all the bloopers from my wedding day but it would require a whole thread alone. here are just a few.
1) broke my toe 20 minutes before I walked down the aisle
2) power went out just as I was walking/limping down the aisle (not just in the church but the whole town)
3) kitchen help bailed as soon as we showed up at the reception (BTW, went directly to reception because church was dark...no pictures)
4) dh's former "crush" is professing her love to my dh about 5 feet away right in front of my eyes and about 15 feet from her husband (unbeknownst to him). FYI, she was not on the invite list, she and her hubby were staying with my in-laws at the time.

All of this and more without a catfight. She was pretty ripped and it was quite flattering to see her eat her heart out knowing that he was mine now.
Like I said in an earlier post, we have been happily married for over 15 yrs now.
Oh Leah, my dh comes from a long line of mormons so I know what you mean.

Just take the time to pamper yourself... no pun intended
Valky

I have to laugh becasue a person that I did not invite to my first wedding did the same thing to my exhusband.... I was pretty ripped!!! But on to bigger and better things!!!

I feel sorry for everyone on Friday I might be a little glazed over..... Thursday night looks like it is going to be an all nighter... Oh well good thing for adrinnlen(sp) rushes!!

yummy4tummy said:
I could post all the bloopers from my wedding day but it would require a whole thread alone. here are just a few.
1) broke my toe 20 minutes before I walked down the aisle
2) power went out just as I was walking/limping down the aisle (not just in the church but the whole town)
3) kitchen help bailed as soon as we showed up at the reception (BTW, went directly to reception because church was dark...no pictures)
4) dh's former "crush" is professing her love to my dh about 5 feet away right in front of my eyes and about 15 feet from her husband (unbeknownst to him). FYI, she was not on the invite list, she and her hubby were staying with my in-laws at the time.

All of this and more without a catfight. She was pretty ripped and it was quite flattering to see her eat her heart out knowing that he was mine now.
Like I said in an earlier post, we have been happily married for over 15 yrs now.
Oh Leah, my dh comes from a long line of mormons so I know what you mean.

Just take the time to pamper yourself... no pun intended
Valky

Congrats!I really hope you enjoy your wedding day. Being Mormon myself I know how beautiful your wedding will be. Here's to eternity............

Eternity is beautiful when your with the ones you love... Here's to eternity......

monica.dixon said:
I really hope you enjoy your wedding day. Being Mormon myself I know how beautiful your wedding will be. Here's to eternity............

mommyhugz1978 said:
Eternity is beautiful when your with the ones you love... Here's to eternity......

Amen. Hope you enjoy your wedding day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • KimberleePowell
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KimberleePowell