• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Huge Clove Confusion: Garlic Pressing Newbie Needs Advice!

In summary, Leanne used elephant garlic, which is larger than regular garlic, and it took her a while to press it all. She recommends cutting the cloves in half if they are too big, and using a garlic press if possible.
LeanneB.
Okay... maybe this is a really dumb question and I showing that I am really new, but... I had my husband pick up cloves of garlic yesterday for a new recipe that I made last night.
My understanding of the garlic press is that you just put the clove in and press. Well, the ones that he bought were HUGE. I am not sure if he just bought the wrong ones (size wise) or if you are supposed to cut the garlic before pressing.... please advise and this was really a lot of work to press 4 big cloves of garlic.

He probably bought elephant garlic - just use the regular size next time - I would cut them in half and press this time - to not waste the garlic - I also make sure before I leave my house that I have the "perfect" size for my demos!!

I've done it with elephant garlic before -- at a show -- and it came out the bottom...and the TOP at the same time! It was a mess...and very embarrassing.

I cut them in half or smaller if they are too big.

I just used the press to make "Pizza-Hut" style breadsticks to go with my yummy red sauce and meatballs for supper. Mmmmm, garlic! :)

Leanne, I'm just asking this because I've known a few people to make this mistake. Are you using a clove or a head? At the store you'll purchase a head (or bulb) of garlic. It is made up of individual cloves. The easiest way to break the head into cloves is to hold it firmly and whack it on your kitchen counter. It will naturally separate into cloves.

I use garlic almost daily at home. I try and get the smaller heads, but if the cloves are too big, like someone else said, just cut them in 1/2. And if some comes out the top? So what. We all love the garlic press and that is one item I tell everyone they need to have.

raebates said:
Leanne, I'm just asking this because I've known a few people to make this mistake. Are you using a clove or a head? At the store you'll purchase a head (or bulb) of garlic. It is made up of individual cloves. The easiest way to break the head into cloves is to hold it firmly and whack it on your kitchen counter. It will naturally separate into cloves.

I was wondering the same thing... when she said her husband bought several cloves of garlic...

1. What is the best way to press garlic with a Pampered Chef garlic press?

The best way to use a Pampered Chef garlic press is to first peel the garlic clove and then place it in the chamber of the press with the flat side facing down. Use the handles to squeeze the clove and extract the minced garlic from the small holes at the bottom.

2. How do I clean my Pampered Chef garlic press?

To clean your garlic press, use a small brush or a toothpick to remove any remaining bits of garlic. Then, rinse the press with warm water and dry it thoroughly. You can also place it in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef garlic press for other foods?

While the garlic press is primarily designed for pressing garlic, it can also be used for other small foods such as ginger or shallots. However, it is not recommended for use with hard or fibrous foods like nuts or herbs.

4. How do I know if I am using the right size garlic clove for my Pampered Chef garlic press?

The garlic press can accommodate different sizes of garlic cloves, but it is best to use medium to large cloves for optimal results. Small cloves may not produce as much minced garlic, while very large cloves may be difficult to fit in the chamber.

5. Is there a warranty for the Pampered Chef garlic press?

Yes, there is a limited lifetime warranty for the Pampered Chef garlic press. If you encounter any issues with your press, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Monty060609
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
  • bridgetbakes