• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garlic Presses: Can They Break? Investigating the Myth

In summary, garlic presses are designed to be durable and can withstand regular use, but can break if mishandled or not used properly. It is not recommended to use a garlic press on unpeeled cloves as it may cause damage. While a garlic press is primarily used for crushing garlic, it can also handle other types of food such as ginger, small fruits, and nuts. It is important to choose a high-quality material for your garlic press to ensure its longevity. Most garlic presses are dishwasher safe, but it is best to check the manufacturer's instructions and clean it immediately after use to prevent residue from hardening.
stefani2
What would make a Garlic Press snap in half at the skinny part of the handle?
Would NOT removing the skin between cloves and pressing REALLY hard cause it to break? I have NEVER seen a broken one.

Jenna - I have no idea - that is a good one - is it yours or a customer

yes, that would do it. My husband broke mine by not removing the skin and with all his strength trying to press another threw. I could not believe it. I was so mad, because my speech was this is one garlic press you can never break. Now I had unless your super man...

You should always remove the old skin. Mine completely covers the holes, I couldn't imagine trying to press another clove through.

not mineIt isn't mine - it's a customers (from a different consultant).

I have NO idea HOW that could have happened! I haven't talked to her to find out - but even when I DO talk to her - who knows if she will tell me the truth! LOL

I couldn't IMAGINE HOW HARD you would have to press to break it!

WOW!:eek: I'm a lil' lost though...what could cause it to break like that?

my husband broke mine. I was watching him while he did it too. I think he pressed multiple pieces of garlic without taking the skins out and it snapped at the hinges.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I can assure you that our garlic presses are made with high-quality materials and are designed to withstand the pressure of pressing garlic cloves. It is unlikely for them to break unless they are mishandled or used in an excessive manner. In my experience, I have not seen a garlic press break due to pressing too hard without removing the skin between cloves. However, it is always important to follow the instructions provided with the product to ensure its longevity. I recommend gently removing the skin between cloves before pressing and using a moderate amount of pressure to avoid any potential damage. If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Happy cooking!

1. Can a garlic press break easily?

No, garlic presses are designed to be durable and withstand regular use. However, like any kitchen tool, they can break if mishandled or not used properly.

2. Will a garlic press break if used on unpeeled garlic cloves?

It is not recommended to use a garlic press on unpeeled cloves as the added pressure can cause the press to break. It is best to peel the garlic cloves before pressing them.

3. Can a garlic press handle other types of food besides garlic?

While a garlic press is specifically designed for crushing garlic, it can also be used for other types of food such as ginger, small fruits, and nuts. However, it is not recommended to use it on hard or large items as this can cause damage to the press.

4. Are all garlic presses made of the same materials?

No, garlic presses can be made from a variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, or plastic. It is important to choose a high-quality and sturdy material to ensure the longevity of your garlic press.

5. Can a garlic press be cleaned in the dishwasher?

Most garlic presses are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. It is also recommended to clean the garlic press immediately after use to prevent any residue from hardening and becoming difficult to remove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • scrappergirl7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7
Replies