• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Sell Products to Fixed Income Widows?

Independent ConsultantIn summary, the Independent Consultant recommends booking a show in order to persuade the widows to buy from the host. They suggest offering free products as an incentive, recruiting others to help with the sales, and advertising special sales.
chefdeb
Gold Member
Help!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing a show for a group of fixed income widows and they all tell me they won't buy because they don't have money. What should I do about that? I plan to show some lower priced items that they can't do without. What else?:confused:

Tell them they get a free gift if the bring there daughter or daughter in law...turn it into a theme of daughters and mothers.

I bet most of them buy gifts for their kids. Suggest gift giving ideas.

Show them how easy our tools make cooking. My grandmother (when she was still in her own separate apartment instead of assisted living) HATED the bother of cooking for one. She really liked the ease of use of many of our products.

Since these will be older ladies (I'm assuming), show things that are good for people with reduced strength and arthritis: jar opener, micro cookers, etc. There was a thread about 2 months ago looking for suggestions of products that are good for arthritis sufferers. If you do talk about the benefits of stoneware, make sure you mention that there are several SMALL pieces (since many people have problems lifting the large ones) that fit in the microwave.

Don't discount the power of the phrase "investment," either. I bet these ladies will recognize quality cookware and other tools when they see it. Suggest that their loving families purchase them some pieces as gifts (Christmas, birthday, Mothers' Day, etc.)

Question - If they all say they won't buy - why are they having a show?

In this one instance, I would suggest to them that they double up and put 2 orders together to save on shipping (if the orders are less than $20).......just to give them some incentive. Let them try some of the tools, so they can see for themselves how great they are.
I sell ALOT of 8" saute pans to elderly ladies.....talking about how they can make perfect eggs in that pan. Even if they don't cook a whole lot anymore - they seem to all make eggs! :D

You can also offer the happy bank plan (like the happy hubby plan which obviously won't work for widows)... tell them that you offer an happy bank account payment plan -- they can pay for 1/2 of their order using cash or check and the other 1/2 of the order on a credit card so they they don't have to pay for that 1/2 until next month when the statement comes due. Helps them budget the money since their income is fixed.

Talk up the FREE product value that the host is getting -- while the initial show may be a group of widows, if you get bookings the other women may expand their invites to include neighbors and family members and bookings can also allow the women to spread their wish lists out over time. Suggest that each woman pick a different month to book in so they can take advantage of all the upcoming guest specials.

They might buy birthday, wedding or anniversary gifts. I think one of our cookbooks would be a perfect present for these events. If it's a September Show, highlight the Savings on these items. Fixed income often means they hunt for bargains. Maybe you could offer a discount on discontinued or restyled products before the price increases.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

If they are all broke, then you should either book alot of show so they get the free stuff or recruit them (those that are able) so they can earn extra money! I'm doing a show in a housing assistance area, and the host warned me ahead. I told her, fill her apartment, and little orders add up! Outside order from work and such will help, too.

I DO plan on recruiting there!!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Book 'em Danno!

Ginny

Related to How to Sell Products to Fixed Income Widows?

1. What is a "Show for Fixed Income Widows"?

A "Show for Fixed Income Widows" is a special event organized by Pampered Chef to cater to the needs of widows who are living on a fixed income. This event offers discounted products and exclusive deals to help make cooking and meal preparation easier and more affordable for widows on a limited budget.

2. How can I attend a "Show for Fixed Income Widows" event?

To attend a "Show for Fixed Income Widows" event, you can either host one in your home or attend one hosted by a friend or family member. You can also reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant to find out when and where the next event will be held.

3. What kind of discounts and deals can I expect at a "Show for Fixed Income Widows"?

At a "Show for Fixed Income Widows" event, you can expect to find discounted products and exclusive deals on kitchen tools and equipment that are specifically chosen to make cooking and meal preparation easier for those on a fixed income. You may also have the opportunity to earn free products by hosting or attending the event.

4. Is there a cost to attend a "Show for Fixed Income Widows"?

No, there is no cost to attend a "Show for Fixed Income Widows" event. The purpose of these events is to help widows on a fixed income save money and make cooking more accessible, so there is no fee to attend.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member to a "Show for Fixed Income Widows"?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to a "Show for Fixed Income Widows" event. However, please let your local Pampered Chef consultant know in advance so they can plan accordingly for the number of attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedcheflori
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedcheermom