• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle Show Cancellations: Tips and Strategies for Direct Sellers

In summary, the conversation discusses a host who has cancelled a show multiple times and the struggle of deciding whether to continue trying to rebook or let the host go. Suggestions are given, such as turning the show into a catalog show or asking for referrals, but ultimately the decision is up to the person involved. Some members also share their experiences with similar situations and offer advice on how to handle it. Overall, the conversation highlights the frustration and disappointment that can come with cancelled shows and the importance of being prepared for such situations.
I had a host schedule a show for May and ended up postponing it until this Friday. The last 2 weeks I have called her once each week to touch base. Today, I get an email that she has to cancel all together and may try again in the future. Should I let her go and not try to rebook her in the future? Is there someway I can kindly ask her for names of people that may want to host with me to make up for my loss?

What does everyone do is cases like this?

I would give her one last chance. Maybe you could ask her if she would like to turn her show into a catalog show or if she knows anyone who maybe interested in having a show.

Ugh personally, I woudl drop her like a hot potato

It happened to me too!I have a host who booked a show last year and cancelled the show at the last minute -- I let it go -- then in May she called me all excited wanting a June show in her backyard to kick off summer. I had a feeling, but coached her anyway.... She actually wanted some information on getting started with PC and I sent her all kinds of things. Long story short, two days before the show she called to cancel (I told you I had the feeling). She then wanted to turn the show into a catalog show and said she already had orders. She recently called to tell me she was going away (no date of return given) and would try to get more orders. Needless to say, I have not heard from her yet. Thing is, I was counting on her show as one of my Cluster challeng shows. Now I only have one and will miss out. I told her all of this and she acted like she understood (especially since she sells party lite and knows about direct selling). I can see now that she is a "habitual cancel". I'm a little :mad: but I am determined to have her close that catalog show. Any advice??

See if she might want to do it as a catalog show. Or ask her for some refferals and she cause earn a special gift if one of the refferals books and holds a show. I know how it feels with being cancelled on. It gets frusterating. Try that and if nothing then you can see how much later she wants to book a show for but if you think she'll do it again then just leave her be. Don't let it discourage you any, it happens sometimes.

cakepampered said:
I have a host who booked a show last year and cancelled the show at the last minute -- I let it go -- then in May she called me all excited wanting a June show in her backyard to kick off summer. I had a feeling, but coached her anyway.... She actually wanted some information on getting started with PC and I sent her all kinds of things. Long story short, two days before the show she called to cancel (I told you I had the feeling). She then wanted to turn the show into a catalog show and said she already had orders. She recently called to tell me she was going away (no date of return given) and would try to get more orders. Needless to say, I have not heard from her yet. Thing is, I was counting on her show as one of my Cluster challeng shows. Now I only have one and will miss out. I told her all of this and she acted like she understood (especially since she sells party lite and knows about direct selling). I can see now that she is a "habitual cancel". I'm a little :mad: but I am determined to have her close that catalog show. Any advice??

You could try hosting your own show before the end of the month to do your 2nd show. We tell our potenail hosts you can pull off a party in 2 weeks. Maybe even try the phone sale idea of Kristi's sounds like everyone who has tried it closes around $300 in sales myself included.

Maybe try offering an extra incentive, something else for free on you if she can close before the end of the month. I have only had a few people that had to reschedule/cancel on me a couple of those their show didn't happen until the 3rd time. I hope this had been helpful.

Last edited:
I would drop her. Obviously she is not good on committment and if she really cared about you meeting your goal she would not do this to you. I know we depend on bookings but some I think we are better off not getting. Plus, you do not want her out talking about you for staying on her about a show either - that could be a turn off to a future host. Just my two cents!

Drop her!!I give a host 2 chances, after that I do not reschedule with them. If they call to reschedule I let them know that I am very busy and will be unable to do a show for them but if they want a catalog show I would be more than happy to help them. I found I was wasting too much time chasing "dead beat hosts!":eek:

Just my 2 cents!

On a side note...Jennifer...there is another Jennifer Stevens with the company!! She is a sister consultant of mine who lives in Utah. She is amazing! I had to look twice when I saw your name!!:D

lol! there are lots of jennifer's. i have a jennifer stephens that lives 15 minutes from me. when i call walmart to get my contact filled i have to make sure i give them my birthday!!!

Related to How to Handle Show Cancellations: Tips and Strategies for Direct Sellers

1. How should I handle a show cancellation as a direct seller?

As a direct seller, it is important to handle show cancellations professionally and efficiently. The first step is to communicate with the host and understand the reason for the cancellation. Then, reach out to any guests who have RSVP'd and inform them of the cancellation. You can also offer to reschedule the show or offer alternative options such as a virtual show or catalog party.

2. What should I do if I have already ordered products for the cancelled show?

If you have already ordered products for the cancelled show, contact your consultant support team to see if it is possible to cancel or change the order. You can also offer to sell the products to the host or other customers who may be interested. If all else fails, you can return the products for a refund.

3. How do I handle payments and refunds for a cancelled show?

If the host has already made payments for the show, it is important to communicate with them about the refund process. You can offer to refund the full amount or keep the payment as a credit for a future show. Be sure to follow any company policies or guidelines for handling refunds.

4. What steps can I take to prevent show cancellations in the future?

Show cancellations can be frustrating for both the direct seller and the host. To prevent future cancellations, it is important to have clear communication with the host from the beginning and set expectations for the show. Also, make sure to follow up with guests before the show to confirm their attendance and remind them of the date and time.

5. How do I stay positive and motivated after a show cancellation?

It can be disheartening to have a show cancelled, but it is important to stay positive and motivated. Use the extra time to focus on other aspects of your business, such as marketing or reaching out to potential hosts. Also, remember that cancellations are a part of the direct selling business and use the experience as a learning opportunity for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • TheFreddiesCook