• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle People Leaving Early from a Pampered Chef Show?

In summary, the hostess has a show with 15 people attending. Six of them have to leave after only 1/2 hour for a choir group they belong to. The hostess should have all the food made prior to the show, take orders from the guests first, and then have some time to demo products to the other guests.
pampchefrhondab
Hey Everyone,

I have a show tonight w/15 people attending; however, 6 of them have to leave after only 1/2 hour for a choir group they belong to.

How should I handle this? Should I just have the food ready when they all arrive? I don't want to stop in the middle of cooking to take orders.

Hopefully someone has had this happen before. Please help if you can.

Thanks,

If it were me.... I would have all the food made prior to the show, that way they can have a taste of the food, make it more of a hands on demo for the other guest.

I agree with Leah - make sure they also know they have a few days to order (if you keep your shows open)

I have been using the lime & cucumber demo a lot in my shows and have a dessert ready to go when they get there. This might be an option you can try.

lime and cucumber demo??

i love the lime and cucumber demo. i did this at my brial show a few weeks ago.

Leah, i will see if i have it on this computer and post it.

i would have the magazines all laid out and have the food ready. take orders from them first. then just have some time to show products to your other guest. if you have a non-cook second recipe you could demo that for them.

i do not have it on this one. i got if off here, so, you should be able to do a search and find it. i am at work and it is on my home computer.

Ugh - I had the same thing happen at a show last week. I wish the hostess would have let me know ahead of time that half our crowd would be leavnig 15 minutes into the demo. By the time they started leaving there was nothing I could do - many left their orders (but had only seen 15 minutes worrth of anything...and I know, had they stayed longer they would have bought more) and others called the next day with orders (one for $148!!). I have been doing f/u calls with everyone who left...hopefully I'll get a booking or two. So far the show is over $800 so I guess I can't really complain, huh?

Leaving early a bummer but...I usually get a heads up from my hosts as to who has to leave early for work or because they have a prior committment. I thank everyone for coming and giving me a couple of hours of their precious time.

I always start my shows introducing myself and then going into the host benefits, recruiting, and talking about the recipe I am going to do.
I love our catalogs because every single one has all this information at the back. All I have to do is ask them to flip back there and start hitting the things one by one. I make it short and simple and this is where I announce host specials and guest specials. If we aren't offering a guest special for that month I always offer a little something personally from our door prizes for $60 or more in sales. And then again for $100 or more in sales.

I think we can never be truly prepared for everything life throws at us but we can still try to give as much info at the beginning of the show as we can. It has been said that the audience will retain only what is said in the first 10-15 minutes of the show. I want them to know about specials, host benefits and recruiting.

As I demo I talk about the products and then I play games while the food is cooking. I do have the drawing slips passed out in the folders and ask that they drop that in the bowl for the drawing. They do not have to be present. I even offer another chance to win something and enter them again if they spend $60 or more at my shows. $100 or more they get three entries.

This will guarantee they will order before they leave and if they want to be entered they will order more than just a $10 or $20 item. I really feel that the hosts will have to help us in our shows. I really spend alot of time host coaching and letting her know that her FREE products will depend on her hard work to get ladies to BUY, BUY, BUY!!

I encourage my hosts to tell her guests, especially if they are close friends and family, her goals and what she needs to reach them. I also try to get the host to speak up during the show about how she loves the products.

Hope this helps.
Debbie

Haha Carolyn! I hope I never get an F/U call! Tee hee!

OK, I have to know. What is the lime and cucumber demo? Now I'm curious.

ruth1951 said:
OK, I have to know. What is the lime and cucumber demo? Now I'm curious.
go to "files" on the tool bar above and search for lime. There is a file posted by its me susan of the demo.

BethCooks4U said:
go to "files" on the tool bar above and search for lime. There is a file posted by its me susan of the demo.

Here it is, I got it from my director (who got it from her director, and so on...)

Last edited:
Thank you for all your tips everyone.

The show went well (it would have been better if I wouldn't have forgotten the dessert at home in the refrigerator - realized it when I was a mile from the host's home! Thank God for my husband he met me half way) . I did have most of the food ready before everyone arrived. Some of the women drove me crazy. The host asked if they wanted to eat since they had to leave early. They said, "We already ate," but then a few minutes later came up looking for food. I made Fast Family Fajitas which weren't quite done yet they were looking to eat. Drove me crazy!

Some women stayed, ate a ton of food and left immediately after finishing w/o ordering anything!! I think that is so rude! When you get invited to a PC show you know what it's about. How can you not even need a small item for your kitchen! Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset for me, but for the host.

The show is at $400 and she is waiting for a frew more orders. Half of that is one $200 order. I'm very thankful. I had a feeling this wasn't going to be a great show. Her daughter actually talked her in to having the show so she could book off of her. I met them at a fair in June. So at leat I have a booking for October.

Again, thank you everyone! You all are the best.

speedychef said:
Haha Carolyn! I hope I never get an F/U call! Tee hee!
ROFL - it stands for FOLLOW-UP -- get your mind out of the gutter!! BAhahah:D

I was thinking the same thing! Well.....F/U right back Carolyn, LOL!!

Well, my mind was in the gutter too!! I got this in an email b/c I had to subscribed to this thread. I had to come here quick to see what was going on ......hahaha!!!lollol!!!

Sorry Jennifer, false alarm!!

gilliandanielle said:
I was thinking the same thing! Well.....F/U right back Carolyn, LOL!!

Well, I guess we're all on the same wavelength today, because I was thinking "wow Carolyn, how do those calls go?" LOL:)

Related to How to Handle People Leaving Early from a Pampered Chef Show?

1. Why do people leave early from a Pampered Chef show?

There could be a variety of reasons why someone may need to leave early from one of our shows. Some common reasons include prior commitments or appointments, feeling unwell, or unexpected emergencies.

2. Will it affect the host's rewards if guests leave early?

No, the host's rewards are based on the total sales of the show, not the number of guests in attendance. Whether guests stay for the entire show or leave early, the host will still receive the same rewards.

3. Can guests still make purchases if they leave early?

Yes, guests are welcome to make purchases even if they need to leave early. They can place an order through the host or directly with the consultant after the show.

4. How should the consultant handle guests leaving early?

The consultant should be understanding and respectful of the guests' need to leave early. They can offer to follow up with them after the show to answer any questions or take orders, and thank them for attending.

5. Is it rude to leave early from a Pampered Chef show?

No, we understand that everyone has busy schedules and sometimes things come up that require guests to leave early. We encourage our consultants to create a welcoming and flexible atmosphere where guests feel comfortable and supported, even if they need to leave early.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ajadzioba
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • jrb0328
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies