• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Arriving Early for a Show: How Much Time Should You Allow?

In summary, If you are able to arrive early, you can have more time to chat with the hosts and guests, and get more work done.
jrb0328
How early do you arrive at the location of the show? I was thinking maybe an hour at the most

I tell the host I'll arrive 30-45 minutes before show start time. That way I'm not late if traffic is bad or I get lost. Hehe! I shoot for 45 minutes because I feel very rushed with only 30 minutes.
If you coach your hosts to be ready to be at your beckon call when you arrive, you could arrive 30 minutes or less before the show. Ha ha!!

I get there about 60 minutes early. That way, if I get caught in traffic I am still OK. I am someone who gets VERY nervous and frazzled if I am running behind, so I would rather be there early enough to get my pre-prep done and take my time talking to/helping the host.

I used to try to get there an hour beforehand, but I'm trying to cut down my total overall time, so I've been saying 30-45 min. beforehand. I find I'm still set up in time, and start putting out the demo ingredients just as people are walking in the door. Shows tend to start late anyway, so if I'm starting 15 min. after start time, I really arrived an hour early, right? It helps that I'm bringing less to my shows, too - less to unpack, less to clean and less to pack up. Don't overdo it, and once you get the hang of it 30-45 min. is probably plenty.

30 mins--I keep it simple and don't need much time to set up.

When I did my recipe before the show, I was an hour early. Now that I'm using the interactive show, I go about 35-45 minutes early.

Thanks all - it looks like i had the general idea, about an hour.

arrival timeI usually arrive 45 minutes before Show Time. Today, I had a Show and I arrived 30 minutes early. I didn't do as much prep ahead of time - and I wasn't happy with MY 'performance'. I like arriving those few minutes earlier to get the proper mindset, visit with the host and guests, etc.

I have arrived about 25 minutes before the Show and the Host had phoned MY HOME PHONE THINKING I WASN'T COMING!!!

about 45 minutes seems to work best for me!.....

30 minutes only for me....

When I first started out years ago it was 45 minutes always but I've learned since then how to be more efficient and set up quickly. I agree with keeping it simple. This is one thing I learned from my Senior Director, you can have the most beautiful, elaborate, professional set up of your demo, but you're not going to recruit consistently! People need to see that this is something easy they can do or feel like they could do. Also, my recruits come from the majority of my hosts, I want them to see this is an easy process as well that doesn't take much time from my schedule. So if you're looking at it from a recruiting point of view, I think 30 minutes is right for that.

So..... in otherwords, if you want recruiting and buliding a team to be a focus in your business, I'd keep it short, sweet, and simple :)

Ok so I'm at the short end, I get there about 20-30 minutes ahead.

I used to arrive 45 min. early but now with the interactive show I arrive about 30 min. before. That is plenty of time for me. I put the host to work when I get there.

I tell hosts I'll be there about 30 minutes before show time. This gives me plenty of time to chat with the host, set up and prepare. I gauge from there, how much drive time I need. I use the "about" loosely... and folks know it... I could be a little before 30 minutes prior to s/t... or a little after... if it'll be much more than 5 or 10 minutes in either direction, I call. This works out well.

20 minutes. Shows never start on time anyway and it only takes me 10 minutes to set up.

An hour for me ... though for weeknight shows it might be 45 to 60. I need to get the layout of the house if I've never been there, figure out where we're going to set stuff up, unpack it all, do any pre-prep and help the host.

My last show we had catalogs and some stuff in the living room ... other stuff in the kitchen and had everybody bring chairs in the kitchen for the demo. Then we retired to the living room for a quick word about the books and to show off a couple of special products.

I think I tried to do too much ... I will NEVER try two recipes again, unless the second recipe is prepared. I had to actually wash dishes to use them in my demo!

30-45 minutes for me (as others have said, it gives me leeway if I'm running behind). I have started bringing a lot less to my shows, and my sales average has actually gone up. I pull out what I need for my demo and maybe just one or two new items and then prep. I don't get all fancy with my set up. I set up my table as I would set up my products preparing the dish at home. It's not "eye candy", but it's functional and makes the demo go quicker.

If I get there 45 minutes before, I end up w/ extra time on my hands, so I help the host w/ drinks or whatever she needs. It's a great way to get to know the host better, find out whose coming and what the guests' lifestyles are like, etc.

I appreciate this thread! I am sometimes a "more is more" kind of gal, but am hearing that I need not put up a grande buffet display for a 5 star resort, just keep it simple. Keep it simple. AAAh. I am feeling a great release of pressure. Functional makes the demo go quicker eh? I am going to try that. My hour before has been crazy. I kept thinking that there had to be a better way and less to haul. Three trips to my car is a killer. Thanks for the info!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I appreciate this thread! I am sometimes a "more is more" kind of gal, but am hearing that I need not put up a grande buffet display for a 5 star resort, just keep it simple. Keep it simple. AAAh. I am feeling a great release of pressure. Functional makes the demo go quicker eh? I am going to try that. My hour before has been crazy. I kept thinking that there had to be a better way and less to haul. Three trips to my car is a killer. Thanks for the info!

Stephanie, when I first started I was like that! I thought I had to show and demo everything I owned...I had a hard time leaving any PC products at home!

When I finally saw the light, and simplified things, and started doing only 2 recipes, it made my job so much easier, and didn't affect my sales or bookings at all! I take all of my demo products in one tote, and all of my paperwork in another - and that's it! It also means way less in clean up!

******and yes, I do 2 recipes - I'm comfortable with it, and it works well for me. Usually my 2nd recipe is something simple, or something I just garnish in front of guests, but there is always a 2nd recipe. Last night, we had Greek Cheese Torta (made ahead, and plated, garnished, and bread toasted with the guests) and the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.
I know this goes against the advice most give - and I actually encourage my recruits to just do one recipe...and the same on for all of the starter shows - but I LIKE doing 2.

how to do a 10 minute set-up?"20 minutes. Shows never start on time anyway and it only takes me 10 minutes to set up."

can you please explain how you set up!!! i would love to only take 10 minutes!!!

thanks!

It is about 30-45 minutes for me. :chef:

30 minutes only
I set up quickly (I only demo in the kitchen and my dishes go home dirty)
All my shows start at 7 if I got there any earlier it I feel it would be an inconvenience to my hosts who are getting home from work and settling families in for the night.
I don't want husbands thinking I'm imposing on their time either either so I tear down products not used quickly, (dirty dishes are put in my tote as they are used, I put orders in my laptop and am usually out the door by 8:30

Me Too!
jcwarr said:
"20 minutes. Shows never start on time anyway and it only takes me 10 minutes to set up."

can you please explain how you set up!!! i would love to only take 10 minutes!!!

thanks!

Even taking the bare minimum products, I cannot set up in 10 minutes. For me it's more about the uniqueness of each home and trying to figure out where and what space I can use.

I like to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to s/t. That way I have time to setup, get in the correct mindset and get the 10 minute cake (2nd recipe) prepared and cooked.

Related to Arriving Early for a Show: How Much Time Should You Allow?

1. How early should I arrive for a Pampered Chef show?

We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of your show. This will give you enough time to set up your display and make any last-minute preparations.

2. What if I am running late and can't arrive 30 minutes early?

If you are running late, please let your host know as soon as possible. They may be able to help with some of the set up tasks or start the show a few minutes later to give you time to get set up.

3. Can I arrive too early for a Pampered Chef show?

It is possible to arrive too early for a show, as your host may not be fully prepared for your arrival and it could disrupt their schedule. However, if you need to arrive earlier than the recommended 30 minutes, please communicate with your host beforehand to make sure it is okay.

4. What should I do if I have extra time before the show starts?

If you arrive early and have extra time before the show starts, you can use this time to go over your presentation, familiarize yourself with the host's kitchen and set up any additional displays or products.

5. Will arriving early affect the length of the show?

Arriving early should not affect the length of the show, as the recommended 30 minutes is for set up and preparation. However, if you anticipate needing more time for set up, please communicate this with your host beforehand to ensure the show runs smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • Jenni