1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings How to find bookings, and fast

1. I am a new consultant (signed April 20, 2009) and I have a recruit who signed March 4th. As her "upline" I want to help her find some bookings but I am having trouble finding my own!! It seems our area is a bit satruated with Pampered Chef. The schools around here have had PC fund raisers and there are several consultants in our small town.

I was blessed enough to qualify in my first month (just yesterday, wheww) and I want to help her qualify in her first 30 days as well.

She had a "Grand Opening" last Monday and of the 40 some people she invited, she had 3 people (mother, mother in law and aunt). She then had her first kitchen show on Friday (held by her mother). She combined the total sales of both shows to total a hair over $300 and has no other bookings. She is a bit discouraged.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips that I can give her?

Mar 22, 2009
  2. TiffanyBarton

TiffanyBarton Member

My first thought would be try using the 50 guests in 5 minutes list in the files section. This will give her an idea on how many people she knows. Also, you said she invited forty people but only three showed up. Did she follow up well enough or even ask for help from her family & friends? I have not officially signed up for PC yet (just one more week) but I already have confirmed guests and 2 bookings because I said "Hey girls! I'm starting my OWN business! Help me out, pleaseee."

Also, I haven't tried it yet but the "Pamper a business ideas" are great and I think would be effective at getting the attention of the town. Her hair dresser, the post office, the church. Someone hasn't had a party lately and you gotta tell em why they NEED one! In this economy everyone wants to save money so... pitch the $2 per person meal plan. Tell em about our new products and pimp those host specials!! There isn't a person in the world who doesn't want to earn something for FREE or at a discount!! PC does us a HUGE favor by offering the hostess specials at no cost to us, so USE em, FLAUNT em and be PROUD of em!

Also, encourage her to be noticed. Bring a catalog when she eats and plop it right there at the end of the table or flip through it while waiting for her meal. Bring along a logo bag, etc. When they see the logo they will come! They ask questions because luckily PC is a well known company that people love or they know someone who loves it! Don't be shy!! She can do it!
    :0) Hope that helps.
    ~Tiff~

Mar 22, 2009
  3. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Wow, Tiff! For a VERY newbie, not even signed up, that was very well said! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Brenda, those are very good words to use! Also, have you/your new consultant completed your list of 100? Most importantly, have you CALLED everyone on your list? This list is in your Business Guide along with words to say when you do call the people on it. Talking to people in person or on the phone is THE KEY. Email and sending invites gets the word out there, but people don't soak it in until they talk to you. Hope that helps a little too, but, again, Tiff said it pretty darn well! Good luck to you all!

Mar 22, 2009
  4. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Pamper a business, go back to the list of 100. My hunch is she hasn't done it...it works!

Attached Files:

Mar 23, 2009
  5. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

"PIMP those Host Specials" - that is HILARIOUS! :)

What about encouraging a Referral Program? TELL EVERYONE that you rewards for referrals!

Offer a small prize/incentive for bringing a friend

Do REMINDER PHONE CALLS before the Grand Opening

Have another Grand Opening on a different day - but MAKE SURE IT IS A THEME (ex: Power Cooking, Budget-Friendly Meals) If the Show was during the week - plan one on the weekend (and visa versa)

Plus, I agree with all the other suggestions....

Mar 23, 2009
  6. TiffanyBarton

TiffanyBarton Member

Thanks thanks! I really wanna make this business work and I soo wanna see everyone else do it too!! Woo!

Stefani2- How does this referral program work. I am interested....

Mar 23, 2009
  7. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I give a $10 bonus on a referal. So if someone introduces me to somone who has a show I give the first girl $10 AT the show! (Don't give it before in case the show doesn't hold!)

Mar 24, 2009
  8. nldavis321

nldavis321 Member Gold Member

Loving this idea!

Mar 24, 2009
  9. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

You can do your referral system how ever you want!

- Refer a Host and receive a free gift (ex: i-Slice, Quikut Paring Knife)
    - Refer a friend and receive a $10 gift certificate
    - Refer someone who joins my Team and receive a $25 gift certificate

make it whatever you want (I just made those up)

Mar 24, 2009
  10. I am really enjoying all the tips and I am passing them along to my recruit. Thank you all for your input and keep it coming.

Mar 24, 2009
Have something to add?