• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can New Consultants Overcome Market Saturation?

In summary, a new consultant is seeking help in finding bookings for herself and her recruit in an area saturated with Pampered Chef consultants. She has had a low turnout at her events and is feeling discouraged. Suggestions from other consultants include using the 50 guests in 5 minutes list, reaching out to friends and family, using the "Pamper a business" concept, and offering incentives for referrals. It is also suggested to make reminder phone calls and have themed events. The idea of a referral program where the person who refers a show receives a $10 bonus is also mentioned.
ChefBrendaC
I am a new consultant (signed April 20, 2009) and I have a recruit who signed March 4th. As her "upline" I want to help her find some bookings but I am having trouble finding my own!! It seems our area is a bit satruated with Pampered Chef. The schools around here have had PC fund raisers and there are several consultants in our small town.

I was blessed enough to qualify in my first month (just yesterday, wheww) and I want to help her qualify in her first 30 days as well.

She had a "Grand Opening" last Monday and of the 40 some people she invited, she had 3 people (mother, mother in law and aunt). She then had her first kitchen show on Friday (held by her mother). She combined the total sales of both shows to total a hair over $300 and has no other bookings. She is a bit discouraged.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips that I can give her?

My first thought would be try using the 50 guests in 5 minutes list in the files section. This will give her an idea on how many people she knows. Also, you said she invited forty people but only three showed up. Did she follow up well enough or even ask for help from her family & friends? I have not officially signed up for PC yet (just one more week) but I already have confirmed guests and 2 bookings because I said "Hey girls! I'm starting my OWN business! Help me out, pleaseee."

Also, I haven't tried it yet but the "Pamper a business ideas" are great and I think would be effective at getting the attention of the town. Her hair dresser, the post office, the church. Someone hasn't had a party lately and you gotta tell em why they NEED one! In this economy everyone wants to save money so... pitch the $2 per person meal plan. Tell em about our new products and pimp those host specials!! There isn't a person in the world who doesn't want to earn something for FREE or at a discount!! PC does us a HUGE favor by offering the hostess specials at no cost to us, so USE em, FLAUNT em and be PROUD of em!

Also, encourage her to be noticed. Bring a catalog when she eats and plop it right there at the end of the table or flip through it while waiting for her meal. Bring along a logo bag, etc. When they see the logo they will come! They ask questions because luckily PC is a well known company that people love or they know someone who loves it! Don't be shy!! She can do it!
:0) Hope that helps.
~Tiff~

Wow, Tiff! For a VERY newbie, not even signed up, that was very well said! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Brenda, those are very good words to use! Also, have you/your new consultant completed your list of 100? Most importantly, have you CALLED everyone on your list? This list is in your Business Guide along with words to say when you do call the people on it. Talking to people in person or on the phone is THE KEY. Email and sending invites gets the word out there, but people don't soak it in until they talk to you. Hope that helps a little too, but, again, Tiff said it pretty darn well! Good luck to you all!

Pamper a business, go back to the list of 100. My hunch is she hasn't done it...it works!

Attachments

• booking ideas.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 440
  • booking tips.doc
    85 KB · Views: 429
  • 24 BOOKINGS IN 24 HOURS.doc
    33 KB · Views: 351
  • GOALS Unlimited Bookings.doc
    46 KB · Views: 656
  • 100 Creative Ways to Advertise Your Business.doc
    53 KB · Views: 581
"PIMP those Host Specials" - that is HILARIOUS! :)

What about encouraging a Referral Program? TELL EVERYONE that you rewards for referrals!

Offer a small prize/incentive for bringing a friend

Do REMINDER PHONE CALLS before the Grand Opening

Have another Grand Opening on a different day - but MAKE SURE IT IS A THEME (ex: Power Cooking, Budget-Friendly Meals) If the Show was during the week - plan one on the weekend (and visa versa)

Plus, I agree with all the other suggestions....

Thanks thanks! I really wanna make this business work and I soo wanna see everyone else do it too!! Woo!

Stefani2- How does this referral program work. I am interested....

I give a $10 bonus on a referal. So if someone introduces me to somone who has a show I give the first girl $10 AT the show! (Don't give it before in case the show doesn't hold!)

Loving this idea!

mscharf said:
I give a $10 bonus on a referal. So if someone introduces me to somone who has a show I give the first girl $10 AT the show! (Don't give it before in case the show doesn't hold!)

TiffanyBarton said:
Thanks thanks! I really wanna make this business work and I soo wanna see everyone else do it too!! Woo!

Stefani2- How does this referral program work. I am interested....

You can do your referral system how ever you want!

- Refer a Host and receive a free gift (ex: i-Slice, Quikut Paring Knife)
- Refer a friend and receive a $10 gift certificate
- Refer someone who joins my Team and receive a $25 gift certificate

make it whatever you want (I just made those up)

I am really enjoying all the tips and I am passing them along to my recruit. Thank you all for your input and keep it coming.

1. How do I find bookings in a short amount of time?

One of the quickest ways to find bookings is by reaching out to your existing customers and asking if they would be interested in hosting a party or event. You can also offer incentives for them to book a party, such as free products or discounts. Another option is to attend local events or fairs and have a booth set up to showcase your products and services.

2. What are some creative ways to find new bookings?

Think outside the box and consider hosting a virtual party for friends and family who live far away. You can also collaborate with other local businesses and offer joint events or promotions. Utilize social media to promote your business and reach potential customers. Additionally, consider offering a referral program where your current customers can earn rewards for referring new bookings.

3. How can I use my existing network to find bookings?

Your existing network can be a great resource for finding bookings. Reach out to friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances and let them know about your Pampered Chef business. Ask if they would be interested in hosting a party or if they know anyone who would be interested. You can also ask for referrals from your current customers and offer incentives for their help.

4. What are some ways to promote my Pampered Chef business to find bookings?

Utilize social media to promote your business and reach potential customers. Consider creating a Facebook group or page specifically for your Pampered Chef business and invite friends and family to join. You can also hand out business cards or flyers at local events, leave them at local businesses, or offer them as a referral tool for your current customers.

5. How can I make sure my bookings are successful and lead to future bookings?

Communication is key to ensuring successful bookings. Make sure to follow up with your host before and after the party to answer any questions and offer support. During the party, engage with guests and showcase the products in a fun and interactive way. Offer incentives for guests to book their own parties, such as host specials or discounts. And always thank your host and guests for their support and business to encourage future bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • DebbieSAChef