• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Food Do I Need for 6-7 Guests?

In summary, Beth said that she always doubles the recipe because it is so good, and Lisa said that she has made it in the rectangular and mini bakers and it goes fast.
StacieB
Gold Member
When you make this for a show, so you usually double it or just make one recipe. I have 6-7 guests tonight and I am now second guessing myself about needing more!!! What do you think?

That should be enough because you probably aren't using more than a tablespoon on your chip.

I always double it because it is so good! People will be left wanting more.

Lisa

The original recipe was doubled from the more recent one. I have never made anything but the "doubled" version - even if it was just for 4 people. Yum.

Can you give me that recipe?

1 can refried beans (15-16oz)
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1 package taco seasoning [original recipe called for 2 Tbsp.]
1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
garnish: tomatoes, green onions and black olives

Spread beans on bottom of mini baker. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and garlic and spread over beans. Cover with cheese. [I add the garnishes before cooking but the original recipe calls for adding them after cooking]

Cook in microwave for about 5 minutes or in oven at 350 for about 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.

Thanks Beth.

Thanks all!!

When I do this I make it in the rectangle baker. My kids want to take this to every event they have and sometimes I have to make 2 rectangle bakers full. We could eat this for dinner and skip everything else...LOL

I have made it in the rectangular baker several times because it goes SO quick! The first time I made it I made the larger version in the deep dish baker (to take to work), and the smaller version in the small oval baker, because I think the small one says it serves 6 or something (too lazy to look it up now, lol) and I wanted my little group to have one just for ourselves to snack on, well lo and behold one of the guys came up with his plate and took over half of the friggin thing just for himself, the nerve, lol, after that I doubled and tripled, and even more every time I make it.

Related to How Much Food Do I Need for 6-7 Guests?

1. How much meat do I need for 6-7 guests?

The general rule of thumb for meat is to plan for about 1/2 pound per person. So for 6-7 guests, you would need approximately 3-3.5 pounds of meat.

2. How many vegetables should I prepare for 6-7 guests?

For a side dish, plan for about 1/2 cup of vegetables per person. This means you would need approximately 3-3.5 cups of vegetables for 6-7 guests.

3. How much pasta or rice should I cook for 6-7 guests?

If pasta or rice is the main dish, plan for about 4-6 ounces of dry pasta or 1/2 cup of dry rice per person. For 6-7 guests, you would need approximately 24-42 ounces of pasta or 3-3.5 cups of rice.

4. How many appetizers should I make for 6-7 guests?

A good rule of thumb for appetizers is to plan for about 2-3 pieces per person. For 6-7 guests, you would need approximately 12-21 appetizers.

5. How much dessert should I prepare for 6-7 guests?

For dessert, plan for about 1 slice or serving per person. For 6-7 guests, you would need approximately 6-7 slices or servings of dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • ahammons
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • SusanK