• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Does It Cost to Have a Website?

In summary, if you want to use your website to market to your customers, you should get a domain name and set up a website as soon as possible.
SilverCeladon
Just wondering if I should set up one right away or wait a while.

6 months is 42 and a year is 72? I think. :D

Don't wait..so worth it. I love mine if anything to get your contacts in order and to learn about the products and learn how to get emails out to people. I absolutely LOVE mine. On it every day. Changing it every week!!!

I'd get one right from the start so it is on your business cards and all literature you get right from the start. I've gotten a number of orders that have paid for the site so I've found it really worthwhile. But you have to educate your customers and sometimes it helps to have the host send you a list of names & email addresses for you to input and send out the emails for them.

It really is an investment that is well worth it. PLus, it's a tax write off;)

Great to have, when you are doing Fundraisers or Bridal registries! Just try it for six months $42.00.

I agree. Get one now! I can't imagine not having mine. It has definitely paid for itself this year! Plus when you are a director, you'll get home office leads!

It's a great resource for your customers. I live in a very rural area where, I'd guess, less than 25% have (and know how to use) internet access. Still, I've had several people place orders. One catalog show was done almost exclusively online (she had family all over the country). My website at least pays for itself.

Also, if nothing else, it gives you an air of professionalism.

I have had my website since April and only had two orders since then. Mine has not paid for itself. I am seriously considering dropping it when it is up. My host do not use it either.

I am glad I get to deduct the cost this year though.

I think in my are people just prefer to have a catalog in hand and do not like to shop on the internet.

I began in August 06 and got my website right away. It isn't used all the time but I can say that it's used enough to warrent having it. I do believe that the longer I have it, the more it will pay off. I love being able to contact people far away and have them as customers too! I think it's well worth the cost and I find it easy to set up and work wit. Just my 2 cents worth.

jrstephens said:
I have had my website since April and only had two orders since then. Mine has not paid for itself. I am seriously considering dropping it when it is up. My host do not use it either.

I am glad I get to deduct the cost this year though.

I think in my are people just prefer to have a catalog in hand and do not like to shop on the internet.

My website didn't get used much when I first got it. I think you have to have it for over a year to see much with it. Why don't you try it another year & see how that goes?

I don't know if you do this or not, but I put a label on EVERY invitation over the PC website address "to preview the catalog, see current specials, or place an order if you can't attend, go to...". I usually have an average of one outside order per show online & I just started doing that a few months ago. I also put my website on EVERYTHING.

I have put it on everything I have and I send monthly newsletters with it on there. And I also take the Quick Tips we get in Weekly bites and email them and include my website in that email. I have even done the customer connection emails.

I am debating on what to do b/c of that being the only way to access the Outlet. I may try it for another six months. I will have to see how my money and business is doing when my subscription is up.

I think it is up in March or April. Do they send us anything about renewal or do they just automatically do it?

I believe that I got an email about it. I think unless you cancel it before the expiration that they just go ahead & renew it. I did a six month first & just signed up for a year last year. I believe mine is up in January. Great timing right after Christmas-ugh!

i tried to export my contacts to mine the other day and somethin' ain't right! it put last names where email should have been on 90% of it. ANY IDEAS???

Follow the directions to import from Pampered Partner. It's SO much easier than the directions to import from your email system. HTH!

I did. I exported it to email, imported from the pp email file inside the pp program folder. didn't work. my hostesses emails ended up in the right spot in the web file, but non of the guests emails showed up in the right place. their last names are in the email slot. strange.

When I first set up my website it was not used much, but that was because I did not do a good job promoting it. I kept it and learned how to use it better and it has certainly paid off!

My best suggestion is really talk it up with your hosts. I always ask my hosts to complete the online wishlist since it will let them know what their sales need to be to get everything for free. I can then use that information to host coach. It has really helped out!

When you first start your business you should be very careful about how much money you put into it. A website is one of the investments I recommend. Also, sign up for the Teletalk class on the websites. That way you can get free training on how to use it.

Lisa

I think it is up in March or April. Do they send us anything about renewal or do they just automatically do it?[/QUOTE]
HMMM??? Now that i think about it mine should have been renewed in September and I didn't get an email about it. Maybe they just renewed it automatically.:confused:

Related to How Much Does It Cost to Have a Website?

How Much Does It Cost to Have a Website?

The cost of a website can vary depending on several factors, such as the complexity of the design, the size and functionality of the site, and the experience of the web designer. However, on average, a basic website can cost anywhere from $500 to $5000.

What are the ongoing costs for maintaining a website?

In addition to the initial cost of creating a website, there are also ongoing costs for maintaining it. This can include domain name registration, web hosting fees, and any updates or maintenance that may be needed. These costs can range from $50 to $200 per year.

Do I need to hire a professional web designer?

While it is possible to create a website on your own using templates and website builders, hiring a professional web designer can ensure that your site is unique, user-friendly, and visually appealing. The cost of hiring a web designer can range from $500 to $5000, depending on the complexity of the project.

Are there any hidden costs for having a website?

In addition to the initial and ongoing costs, there may be some hidden costs associated with having a website. These can include additional fees for custom features or plugins, website maintenance and updates, and SEO optimization. It's important to discuss all potential costs with your web designer before starting the project.

Can I save money by using a DIY website builder?

While using a DIY website builder may seem like a more cost-effective option, it's important to consider the limitations and potential hidden costs. These website builders often have limited customization options and may require additional fees for certain features. It's best to weigh the pros and cons and consult with a professional before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DMB75
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni