• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Do You Make?: A Story of Rude Questions and Surprising Answers

but I also want them to feel like they could do it too.When I introduced myself and told my story, I told everyone that once my kids went to school I stepped up my show schedule. We own 47 acres and five years ago we built our house. By working out of my home 2-3 times a week, I am able to make those payments. Later in my show, I do the ticket game (ask me a question to get a ticket). A lady tonight asked how much my land and house payment were. It was not a roundabout way to ask how much I made, she was just being rude. I am not a quick thinker, so I told her. Because it is a high amount, everyone was
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
When I introduce myself and tell my story I tell everyone that once my kids went to school I stepped up my show schedule. We own 47 acres and five years ago we built our house. By working out of my home 2-3 times aweek I am able to make those payments.

Later in my show I do the ticket game (ask me a question to get a ticket). A lady tonight asked how much my land and house payment were. It was not a round-about way to ask how much I made, she was just being rude. :grumpy: I am not a quick thinker, so I told them. Because it is a high amount, everyone was shocked at how much my payment is instead of "wow she makes a that much!"

How would you guys have answered it?

Michelle

I would ask her back: "Are you asking how much I make each month?" And then go into the formula - for a new consultant about $100 per show...

You could also say: "WOW. That's personal but I can tell you..."

wdpmap said:
A lady tonight asked how much my land and house payment were.

When I play the ticket game, I tell them up-front in a firm playful way, that the questions they ask can only be about what I do with Pampered Chef... no questions about when we are going to eat, etc. And if someone asks a question like that (which appalled me when I read that), I say, "For now I'm only answering questions about my Pampered Chef business since the timer is ticking and that's what we're doing right now... is your question about how much I earn each month?" If she answers yes... answer her, if not, I would say, "Well, for now I'm only answering questions about my biz... and if anyone is interested in how much consultant's earn..." and go from there.

Some people are amazing aren't they?

I was at a show once and during the ticket game someone asked me about Health Insurance. I told her that I paid for it myself (this was before PC had it) and then she asked me why I wasn't on my husband's insurance. I told her it was because I'm not married. Then she asked me what my children do for insurance and I politely told her that I don't have children. She didn't say another word to me (and didn't order) after that. Later I overheard her say something along the lines of she had never met a woman "my age" who wasn't married and didn't have children. And that was about 6 years ago!!!! Wonder what she would think of me now? :p

Some people just don't get it!

HMPH. Some people. I had one lady ask me if I had gotten fat since I started PC or was I always this size!
Talk about ballsy.
Move along and no worries.

No she didn't!!

When I started WW the group leader lady said, "I used to do PC, too then had to start WW because the recipes were too fattening!" I couldn't believe her! Then she pushes those long measuring spoons on everyone like they are the best thing since sliced bread. Hello!! If you have a measuring cup at home you don't need these stinking spoons people!

Koolotus said:
HMPH. Some people. I had one lady ask me if I had gotten fat since I started PC or was I always this size!
Talk about ballsy.
Move along and no worries.

Oh my....some people have no filter.

Why is it that lately on DCS I have found myself speechless??????????????????

DebbieJ said:

I was just thinking that!!!!!

You mean you don't share what you make with people? She should NOT have asked about your payments - that's rude!! But you don't share your PC income? I pass around my commission cheque!

I do not share my income at my shows. I have been with TPC for 13 years and I really don't make that much money. I don't want leads to judge their income potential based on my checks, they my do more or less. I don't want them to think my check is the norm for someone that has been doing this for 13 years.

Michelle

I agree with you Michelle. Duska Mills started her business about a year after I started mine and I'm sure her checks are at least 3 times larger than mine!!

I just show a 4-show month and an 8-show month. I just want them to SEE the money. I mean, to them, I could say that you could make $1000 / month doing 2 shows. Showing them my cheque shows them that it can really happen.Of course, I do say that this is MY cheque and there are some that are less and some that are a LOT more.

DebbieJ said:

My version was less polite:devil: than this but the same idea!!!

Colleen, I love your answer!

Michelle, I wouldn't feel bad about how you answered. We all have time to think about the response we would give, but when you are up there doing this game, it is hard to think up something fast to answer rude questions.

The weight comments would just make me go postal. I wouldn't say this, but I would have loved to have asked her a question back...Have you always been this ignorant or is it just something you grew into?:D:devil::D

mortgage question: "that's a bit personal but I can tell you how our pay structure works and give you some concrete examples"

weight question: "WOW. Not sure how to respond so let's just go on..."

Some people's kids!:sick:

LOL!!
You guys are too funny. I actually laughed it off. I play the game where I have them all write 5 questions about my job on the back of their door prize slip and then the first one done wins. I never tell them that in addition to winning I will be reading and answering their questions. She was mortified, as well she should be, but I don't think she expected everyone to "hear" her question!
After the show the next morning that same lady ordered about $50 bucks off the outlet, and we are chatting about becoming a consultant. So she's not bad, just clueless!
Now, when I introduce the game I do tell them that asking me if I got fat is a little too rude, but feel free to ask about my pay.

Related to How Much Do You Make?: A Story of Rude Questions and Surprising Answers

1. How much money can I make as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The amount of money you can make as a Pampered Chef consultant varies based on your individual sales and team building efforts. The average income for a consultant is around $200-$300 per month, but top consultants can earn upwards of $50,000 per year.

2. Are there any upfront costs to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, there is a $109 starter kit fee to become a Pampered Chef consultant. This kit includes all the necessary tools and materials to get started, including product samples and training materials.

3. How do I get paid as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Pampered Chef consultants earn a base commission of 20-27% on all personal sales. They also have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives based on their team's performance. Payments are made via direct deposit into your bank account every two weeks.

4. Do I have to meet a certain sales quota as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There is no required sales quota for Pampered Chef consultants. However, to remain active and receive commission, consultants must have at least $150 in sales every three months.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants have the option to sell products both in-person and online through their personal website. The company provides training and resources for conducting virtual parties and promoting products on social media platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies