• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Recently Lost All of My Pampered Chef Items in a House Fire, and

In summary, the conversation is about a person who lost their Pampered Chef items in a house fire and is looking for a StockPot to replace it. They considered hosting a PC show to earn it for free, but due to not having a place to host it and not having the tools to do so, it is not an option. Others suggest borrowing or finding a different location to host a show. The person also mentions the loss of their 5 puppies in the fire and expresses frustration with the company's response and consideration of re-buying their consultant kit. In the end, someone offers to loan their GenII cookware pieces and another offers to help them host a show in the Sheboygan area.
easytoprepare
Gold Member
I recently lost all of my Pampered Chef items in a house fire, and didn't realize until now just how spoiled we are with our cookware. I'm wondering if anyone has a StockPot that they are willing to part with at a reasonable price. I'm hoping to be able to put together enough in August for it at 60% off, but quite honestly with summer here and making noodle dishes on a very regular basis, I don't think I can wait. With the pot we are using it took me 57 minutes to boil water.....I tell ya the my head was boiling by that point!

Thanx in advance for any help everyone!

Re: CookwareWhy don't you host your own PC show and earn it FREE? I wish I had one too :( Always wanted to get it during Kit Enhancement but never had the add'l funds for it at that time.

Re: CookwareThought about that, but not having a place to have it right now doesn't help, and the fact that I don't have tools to even do a show SUCKS! I contacted HO and all I was told was there's nothing they could do and to go after insurance (I'm NOT a happy camper about their response). Yep, it's on the list, but sorry insurance doesn't apparently cover EVERYTHING no matter what! I couldn't even pay to get a new consultant kit. Had to cancel 2 shows because of it :( With cleaning out of the house and everything, trying to find a place to hold my own show is tough. Thanx for the idea though!

Re: CookwareIt took me a few years to save up and get one....and miss it like CRAZY :)

Re: Cookware
easytoprepare said:
Thought about that, but not having a place to have it right now doesn't help, and the fact that I don't have tools to even do a show SUCKS! I contacted HO and all I was told was there's nothing they could do and to go after insurance (I'm NOT a happy camper about their response). Yep, it's on the list, but sorry insurance doesn't apparently cover EVERYTHING no matter what! I couldn't even pay to get a new consultant kit. Had to cancel 2 shows because of it :( With cleaning out of the house and everything, trying to find a place to hold my own show is tough. Thanx for the idea though!

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear about your fire and all your losses.

Can anyone in your upline help you by loaning you their tools for a night so you can do a party? Do you have any family or neighbors that you could ask? I'd hope that people would be sympathetic to your situation and help you out. How about a community center, fire hall, or church building--maybe they would let you use their facility for the evening?

Re: CookwareThe fire isn't the worst part.....it was our 5 puppies that were lost that meant more than anything! That's the big reason why I haven't been able to jump right in! I have many a breakdowns throughout the day missing them like crazy! We will get back on our feet, but I'm 200% shocked by the companies response. It's not like I was looking to get it FREE....I'm willing to pay for it! Makes me think twice really about the company unfortunately (and my families view on them as well)! But like I said WE WILL get thru this! Thanx for the ideas and wishes!

Re: CookwarePam,
I don't have a stock pot but I know I've got some extra (used) pieces of GenII cookware that my DH has been after me to move out of the kitchen and I think I have the big dutch oven pot. Would that help you?

Re: CookwareI'm sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe you can have your own "fundraiser" - which would basically be a big 'ol catalog show so you can earn some more free stuff. And definitely check with your upline to see if you can borrow some products. And if all else fails, do a catalog walkthrough at your shows!

Re: CookwareI'd call HO again and talk to someone else about re-buying your kit--offer to send a news article, or some proof. They should be understanding.

Re: CookwarePam,

I'm a bit far from you (Appleton), but my in-laws live outside of Cleveland (WI) [those in the Sheboygan area know where it is]. If you want to do a show and have a friend or family memeber who is willing to play "host" for the space, I will loan you anything you need if no one in your upline is able to help you out.

PS doesn't it suck to have to wait for insurance only to find out you didn't have the coverage you thought you had? A lot of people up here are finding that out too with the hail storms last summer and this spring...

Re: CookwareSo sorry to hear about your loss and in my "past" life I was an insurance Agent for 36 years and yes, everything should have been covered and you should be able to get all your contents replaced for the exact like items, UNLESS you didnt have insurance, or werent covered correctly!!!! YOu should check into this further!!

gailz2 said:
I'd call HO again and talk to someone else about re-buying your kit--offer to send a news article, or some proof. They should be understanding.

I would too! If you want to re-purchase your kit, I would try to talk to someone else!

Re: CookwareHow far away are you from your 200th kitchen show? You are eligible to buy a new kit at that point, maybe HO can extend that benefit for you.

Re: CookwareI'm not sure HO will do anything for you no matter who you talk to. You are technically self employed and your products are your repsonibility. It really does suck though!! But maybe you could talk to your local cluster and see if they have extra products (even used ones) that they could part with to help you out. You do also have your consultant discount that could help you get some products that you need too.

Re: CookwareIs that the only piece you need? The big stockpot? I have a few gently used of other pieces, like the Professional 12" Skillet. LMK if you wanna try one of those. Sorry to hear about your troubles :( Prayers headed your way.

Re: CookwareSending you BIG (((hugs))) sweetie! I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. :(Although I still own all of my PC items, they are ALL in Japan! When I did the evac 96 days ago I came with 2 toddlers, 2 carseats, 1 suitcase the dog & her crate. That's it! My sister hosted a catalog show "fundraiser" and advertised it that she was doing it for me to get items to help get my business up & off the ground here in Texas. Her show was over $1,700 and two of the guests bought items for me vs. items for themselves ~ those two guests were $400 alone in products + the host benefits! I definitely don't have everything that I had in Japan, but I do have enough items to offer quite a few recipes to my hosts. I'd start there! Heck, I have 2 catalog shows going right now that are bookings off my sister's show & both wanted to give me their host benefits too. Tempting, but I graciously declined their offers. One will use the host benefits for herself. The other didn't really need anything, but is planning to what she can give as gifts when she closes her show. I'd recommend that you tell your customers/friends/family that you really need to re-stock & see if any of them would be willing to host a fundraiser & give you the benefits! Enough just might say YES and help you get back on your feet. ;)

NooraK said:
How far away are you from your 200th kitchen show? You are eligible to buy a new kit at that point, maybe HO can extend that benefit for you.

Or see if your upline has not used this option and could buy one for you. I have never used this option but would certainly be happy to try to exercise it should one of my downline need it.

Ask around...I would bet you could find someone in your area who is eligible to buy another kit but not using their option.

Good luck,
D
PS - my cousin lost everything in a house fire in March. We had a show at her temp home in May and everyone just purchased for themselves. She used the host benefits to replace her lost items...it was over $2000 show.

DebinIA said:
Or see if your upline has not used this option and could buy one for you. I have never used this option but would certainly be happy to try to exercise it should one of my downline need it.

Ask around...I would bet you could find someone in your area who is eligible to buy another kit but not using their option.

Good luck,
D
PS - my cousin lost everything in a house fire in March. We had a show at her temp home in May and everyone just purchased for themselves. She used the host benefits to replace her lost items...it was over $2000 show.
I would offer mine - haven't used the benefit any of the times offered - but they expire- only available for a month or so.

Re: CookwareI don't have anything to offer except my condolences on your puppies and for the house fire. I know if we had a fire here and my animals were lost, I'd be sadder about that than any of my personal effects

1. What should I do if I recently lost all of my Pampered Chef items in a house fire?

If you have experienced a house fire and have lost all of your Pampered Chef items, we first want to express our deepest sympathies. We understand how devastating this can be. The first step you should take is to contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. They will be able to assist you with replacing your items.

2. Will I have to repurchase all of my items or does Pampered Chef offer replacements for fire victims?

Pampered Chef offers a Replacement Policy for customers who have experienced a loss due to fire, natural disaster, or theft. This policy allows you to replace your lost items at a discounted price. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562 for more information on this policy.

3. How long does it typically take to receive replacement items after a house fire?

We understand the urgency in replacing your lost items and we strive to make this process as quick and easy as possible. Depending on the availability of the items you need, it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks for your replacement items to arrive.

4. Are there any special discounts or offers available for fire victims who need to replace their Pampered Chef items?

As mentioned before, we offer a Replacement Policy for customers who have experienced a loss due to fire. This policy allows you to replace your lost items at a discounted price. Additionally, our customer service team may be able to provide additional discounts or offers based on your specific situation. Please contact them at 1-800-266-5562 for more information.

5. Can I replace my lost items with different products or do I have to get the exact same ones?

You are able to replace your lost items with different products if you wish. Our customer service team can help you choose the best replacement options for your needs. However, please keep in mind that the Replacement Policy only applies to products of equal or lesser value. Any price differences will need to be paid by the customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dlrenfro
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kidzmom55
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Paula Poole