• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Did You Put in at First?

In summary, the expert recommends buying a kit, using seasons best cookbooks for giveaways and personal website advertising, and sticking to the basics.
melaniepc
did you go full force trying to get shows and get more supplies and advertising tools? Or did you kinda go slow and see how you would do first?

I bought too much at first. I have enough to last for 3 years! ;) (Not really but it feels like it.)Use what is in the kit, by the booster kit of supplies offered (well worth it!!!!) and try not to do much else. Use Season's Best cookbooks for giveaways, etc.

I would start by getting the business building kit.

Mark your calendar when you want shows and evaluate what you will need for business supplies. Think ahead - everything is good for at least 6 months and most things for much longer - there are even uses for unused catalogs.

If you aren't sure this is for you plan for 90 days and re-evaluate then. There have been several times that I have thought maybe I'd let my business die out but then I would have just bought a bunch of extra supplies (and things from Merrill and other vendors) and ...well, I'll keep going to make that investment worth it and then decide. For me, that works to give me the incentive to get on the phone again. This is the easiest money I have ever made - even with the stresses that trying for incentives and goals gives me.

Keep things simple--don't spend money until you make money.I would recommend buying business cards and getting a personal website as the top two things I would spend money on for advertising and marketing.

I was very frugal when I first started and only bought what I absolutely needed. Once I started making money and decided I was going to stick with it, then I started buying more business supplies and extras.

i made a commitment to give it my all and i tried not to spend my all LOL
I agree that cards and the website are essential. don't wait till you earn the free 90 days of website, get it now. it will help a lot with outside orders and host convenience.

i agree with janet on using seasons best books for prizes. they are prized by people!

have fun in your new venture!

thanks ladies. I got the site a week after I signed up even though my recruiter said not to. I have found that to be very valuable. I have made back what I spent on my kit and site so I am happy with that. I also have two cooking shows and two catalog shows booked.. so if I do well with those I think I might try getting some more "add ons"

Sounds like you found a solution that works for you. That's one of the great things about Pampered Chef. You get to do whatever works for you.And, don't be discouraged that your recruiter isn't really keen on this site. I've learned that some people consider places like this a waste of time or a negative influence. You've obviously discovered that it's not necessarily negative (though the occasional thread does head in that direction--chalk it up to human nature). As long as you continue to work your business, it's not a waste of time.

pamperedlinda said:
I was very frugal when I first started and only bought what I absolutely needed. Once I started making money and decided I was going to stick with it, then I started buying more business supplies and extras.

Very Wise Linda! I spent way too much when I started like Janet said. But did earn it back in my first 2 months with reaching Super starter packages and the paychecks were great too!

Stick to the basics! Kit, biz cards (FREE if you get them from vistaprint.com), website and booster kit should get you going!

janetupnorth said:
I bought too much at first. I have enough to last for 3 years! ;) (Not really but it feels like it.)

Use what is in the kit, by the booster kit of supplies offered (well worth it!!!!) and try not to do much else. Use Season's Best cookbooks for giveaways, etc.

I agree with Janet- I spent way too much time and money on marketing, tools, supplies, gifts, trinkets, etc....it was fun, don't get me wrong, but I could give everyone in my large Italian family an i-slice and an orange citrus peeler! :)

I really want to get my website, even though I have 2 shows to go before I qualify. I have to get my PC debit card first. I signed up for it a week ago but it hasn't showed yet. I thought it was only supposed to take 5 days. Is there somewhere on CC I can see what my number might be so I can use it to sign up for my website?

you can call the number and get your debit card number. that is what I did , once its been five days it will be an automated recording with your number

oh and I didnt have to wait to get the website, I got it two weeks after I signed up

Related to How Much Did You Put in at First?

1. How much do I need to invest to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The initial investment to become a Pampered Chef consultant is $109, which includes your starter kit with all the tools and resources you need to get started.

2. Can I make money with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can make money with Pampered Chef as a consultant. Your earnings will depend on your sales and the number of parties you host. The more you sell, the more you can earn.

3. Do I need to have cooking skills to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have cooking skills to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our company provides training and resources to help you learn and grow as a consultant.

4. What kind of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. We also have a wide range of recipes and meal ideas to help you create delicious dishes.

5. How often do I need to host parties as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There is no set requirement for how often you need to host parties as a Pampered Chef consultant. You can choose your own schedule and host parties as frequently as you like to fit your lifestyle and goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies