• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many to Have a Cluster Meeting?

S
sfdavis918
If you were a director (or maybe your are:D ) how many consultants in attendance would you require to have a cluster meeting?

My Director all year has claimed that there is not anyone interested in a meeting, so she hasn't done any. (I still don't believe that she has even tried to get anyone together because I have never seen an invite or email or anything.) ALL YEAR! Anyway, I have been interested in going each month, and now I have a recruit who I know would love to go. Is two enough?

I'm sorry...I don't agree with your director at all.

There was one month that the cluster meeting I attended was just ME and MY DIRECTOR. Just cuz other people don't want to attend, or can't attend, I don't think others should suffer.

If she doesn't get it together...are there other clusters in your area? Can you see if you and your recruit can attend someone else's meetings?

If she hasn't sent out a note or phoned asking about interest, how does she know there's no interest in a meeting? Just because nobody has specifically asked for one?

Even if she doesn't want to have a full-blown meeting, she should at least get together with you and your recruit for some training time. And if she doesn't want to open her home, you can meet at a coffee shop or something.

I agree. Meetings are crucial to my business. One of the best parts of this is picking the brains of your fellow consultants. :) I would definitely ask her for meetings regardless of who attends. If not, absolutely look for another director to take you into their group!

I'm with Kelly. For whatever reason, some people just don't attend meetings. There have been a couple of times when it's been just my director and me. Since I drive 90 minutes each way to the meetings, if she finds out that it's just going to be the two of us, my director will try to catch me before I leave. I usually take advantage of the meeting date to run errands in the big city, though. If I'm already in town, she'll meet with me alone. She's even met me at a local restaurant to make things easier for me.

These are my thoughts:
  • If, as a director, you consistently have just one person at your meetings, you may want to find out why the others don't. Allow them to answer a survey anonymously. That way if boring meetings are the issue, they're more likely to be honest.

• If you have already set that time aside for a meeting, you aren't wasting time by spending it with the one person who took the time to seek out your guidance, suggestions, and encouragement.

Since your director doesn't seem to be interested in holding meetings, would she agree to finding you a hospitality director? I know that I would miss the encouragement and information available at meetings if mine suddenly disappeared.

This reminds me of a story I heard a long time ago. "One Sunday night only the preacher & 1 old farmer showed up for evening church services. The preacher asked the old farmer what he wanted to do. Did he want to cancel or go ahead with the service? The farmer said "When I go to feed the cows and only 1 or 2 show up, I go ahead & feed them." The preacher said that was a good point so they proceeded with the service & he preached his regular sermon. At the end of the service the farmer told the preacher "I feed the cow that showed up but I don't give them the whole load"!! Funny story but it makes the point...if only 1 or 2 people are hungry (for meetings) then feed them!!

Thanks you guys. I'm gonna call her now.

ETA: She didn't answer, so I'm gonna email. :eek:)

We haven't had a meeting since July (due to multiple reasons) & I really miss it. We're having one at the end of the month & I can't wait. I talk to my director almost daily (she's my best friend), but I still like to have the meetings to get together with the other consultants on the team & see how things are going.

There have been plenty of times when it was just the two of us getting together & it's frustrating, but we still do our meeting. :)

We just had ours last week and it was my director, me and a possible recruit. Now what if we had not had the meeting... would the possible have turned into a new recruit??? who knows, but often it is just my director and me. We have more time to focus on specific things that way.

I hold meeting every month. Lately I have had about 10 people, more or less. I found that the more prep I put into my meeting the more people want to attend. No one wants to go to a meeting that bores them.

My director has meetings even if one person shows up.......sometimes it has been just the two of us - but that's okay!

She NEVER has made anyone feel like the meeting wasn't important if people weren't there. She does all the same stuff for one person as she does when there are 10 there.
I think my director is pretty awesome!

ChefBeckyD said:
My director has meetings even if one person shows up.......sometimes it has been just the two of us - but that's okay!

She NEVER has made anyone feel like the meeting wasn't important if people weren't there. She does all the same stuff for one person as she does when there are 10 there.
I think my director is pretty awesome!

I think a director not doing meetings b/c only one person shows up is like us not doing a show b/c only one guest shows up. You never know what might come of that one guest at a show/consultant at a meeting.

That said, I have a director like Becky's! I am happy that she values me as a consultant & will continue the meeting even if it's just me!

Love the cow story!

As a director, I have a monthly meeting no matter what. I've had as many as 15 and as few as one. Still go with that I planned and if it's one or two, I go through the training quickly, and then focus on anything they might need.

With that, I will say that I spend at least 4 hours planning my meeting each month... the training sessions (even when I use the meeting planner from PC), my recognition, etc. And honestly, it can be a bummer when I feel like I've planned something great and have a small turnout. Whoever comes, I give it my all no matter what. I won't penalize those who are there. It's not their fault others don't/won't/can't/won't come. So I work with those who do!

I received the following from The Success Factory in my email today. I thought it was kind of cool considering I had just read this thread.

Subject: Team meetings - Do's and Don'ts

Whether you are currently conducting team meetings or plan to in the future as your business grows - the following are some basic guidelines that will make your meetings something your team members will want to attend!

Team meeting `Do's'

DO have a timed agenda

DO begin and end on time!
DO ask someone to act as timekeeper
DO involve other team members by asking them to prepare and present.
DO display product
DO have a meeting focus and train on a specific topic
DO have fun!
DO have a `parking lot' - (a flip chart or dry erase board to post any topics that come up not on the agenda to be discussed later…this will keep the meeting running on time).
DO encourage people to invite guests!
DO have fun!
DO end your meeting with a challenge and an inspirational quote or `heart-tug'.
Team meeting `Don'ts'

Don't forget to make a special point to help guests and newcomers feel comfortable
Don't do all the talking yourself - delegate meeting responsibilities to help groom future team leaders
Don't let the discussion go off on `rabbit trails' - use the Parking Lot (see above)
Don't allow negativity - your meeting standard should be positive and upbeat - address business challenges that come up by training team members to be solution oriented.
Don't wait until the last minute to plan meetings - be prepared and organized so that people leave feeling as though it has been worth their time to attend.
Don't forget how important recognition is!
Do review important dates and important deadlines - DON'T waste meeting time reading aloud from company newsletters
Don't forget this DO AHEAD recipe for a good meeting (the following ingredients need to be prepared and delegated in advance:
Start with a meeting facilitator/planner
Add the following:
1-2 greeters
1 Time keeper
Team members who are shining in areas such as sales, recruiting, product knowledge etc; to help with training
Season with a mix of door prizes and raffles
Blend in some upbeat music
Fold in a helping of light refreshments
Finish with clean up!

Bev~

That is a great list!

I am saving it in my "director" file for when I become a director!!

Personally, if all I had was one who wanted to attend, then one would be enough! You need to support your team, otherwise you won't have a team to support.....

sfdavis918 said:
If you were a director (or maybe your are:D ) how many consultants in attendance would you require to have a cluster meeting?

My Director all year has claimed that there is not anyone interested in a meeting, so she hasn't done any. (I still don't believe that she has even tried to get anyone together because I have never seen an invite or email or anything.) ALL YEAR! Anyway, I have been interested in going each month, and now I have a recruit who I know would love to go. Is two enough?
I do believe that unless she is holding meetings with another director, she is required to hold a meeting and send a newsletter.
There have been several times that I have only had 1 consultant show up. We sure cover alot of ground!

I like the Success Factory!! It is so right on and so simple!

Evelynt said:
I do believe that unless she is holding meetings with another director, she is required to hold a meeting and send a newsletter.
There have been several times that I have only had 1 consultant show up. We sure cover alot of ground!

She does actually share her meetings with another director who is in her downline. Both have not had meetings all year long. I have never received a newsletter from her either. It makes me so upset to know what I am missing just because I have a cr*ppy director!

Oh, and no reply to my email as of this morning.:rolleyes:

My director has a meeting every month and it is usually the same small group of us...but I actually look forward to the meetings...there are usually her and 5 of us consultants...she doesn't have many more than that but a few that are not local.

My hospitality director used to hold our meetings on the 3rd Saturday morning every month...that gives her time to get everyone's stats and keeps everyone from being out late during the week.

However, as people's schedules have changed...and we all know that life is getting busier and busier...we have changed to a Monday night. She usually sends out an email with several dates and then picks one that is best for the most people. Sometimes our meeting will get cancelled or rescheduled...even at the last minute...but she works hard to have a meeting every month. There have been times when it has been the 2 of us, but most of the time we have about 5.

She has a big cluster and she gets disappointed and discouraged because people won't attend. But, if you look around at all of the groups you are in, it works the same way. We have to make meetings a priority. It is an important part of our business. At meetings we get motivation, encouragement, and recognition for our accomplishments not only from our director, but from each other as well.

If your director doesn't want to hold a meeting because nobody will come, then ask her to meet you for coffee or lunch and have a meeting. I drive 75 miles to my meetings. Maybe she needs some encouragement.

I NEED our meetings. If I don't get to attend I end up feeling discouraged. I only skip meetings if I have something going on at my church or if my kids have something going on at school.

Unless there is some type of conflict that makes it unavoidable, I try to hold a meeting once a month. I have a small cluster (9) with many of my team geographically distant so if I have more than 3 in attendance, I do a little happy dance.

That said, I've done many meetings where there are 1, or 2 there.

I feel it is my responsibilty to provide the outlet for a cluster meeting.

Because I have many of my team out of the area, I do do a training/tip oriented newsletter to my team, including hospitality consultants, AFTER the meeting date.

I hold my meeting whether there are 10 or 1. It's not the person who shows up's fault that she was the only one. Like the farmer wanted in the story, I do a shortened version if it's just 1 or 2 but they get the whole training.

My director has 2 meetings every month, b/c we are so scattered. There are 3 of us at the one I go to. The other meeting is held with another director, and the rest of the cluster goes to it.

Something that helps with attendance is making sure people are available that day, and having the meeting on a set night every month means that people can schedule around it. Some of the lowest-attended meetings my Director has had were in the period when we'd pick the date for the next meeting at the meeting. Problem was that people with busy shoe schedules would be booked already, and people who missed that day's meeting wouldn't be informed of the next one in a timely manner. But when we switched to "third Friday of the month", attendance became more consistent. We reexamine the date choice once a year, because schedules change.

chefann said:
Something that helps with attendance is making sure people are available that day, and having the meeting on a set night every month means that people can schedule around it. Some of the lowest-attended meetings my Director has had were in the period when we'd pick the date for the next meeting at the meeting. Problem was that people with busy shoe schedules would be booked already, and people who missed that day's meeting wouldn't be informed of the next one in a timely manner. But when we switched to "third Friday of the month", attendance became more consistent. We reexamine the date choice once a year, because schedules change.

Wow, I didn't even think about the fact that people may not have a set schedule for cluster meetings.

When I first started, our meetings were the 2nd Wed. of the month, but then, sometimes, my director didn't have all our stats by then, so we switched to the 3rd Wed. of the Month. She gives us the dates and schedule at the beginning of the year, and the only variation is July (because it usually falls around Conf. time) and Nov & Dec - with the Holidays. Nov. meeting is the first Wed., and Dec is our Christmas Party.

Still no answer from my director....

Finally heard from her today. Here is her response:

Hi, I spoke with rhonda yesterday and we thought we could do one on 10/29. However, I have a show.......so I will talk to her today and see if we can pick a different date. I have a new recruit I would like to train also and so does Rhonda. I'll talk with you soon about that.

So, how is everything else going for the fall season? What has been the most wanted tool so far??? I'm having a hard time picking!!! Looking forward to some great sales this month!!! I know I'll meet some goals too!!! Let me know if you need specific help with Nicole and we can go from there.

talk soon, have a pampered weekend.

So I'm thinking the meeting will probably end up getting pushed into next month.:cry: I spoke to my recruit today (Nicole) and told her about the meeting. She was happy about that and confessed that she felt really alone in her business and was really disappointed that we aren't having any meetings. I felt so bad. I keep in touch with her but she is really wanting the friendship/ideas/networking with other consultants. I totally understand where she is coming from and feel the same way. Maybe I should respond to my director's email and let her know about that. Not sure it would really do any good though.:(

I don't know all the rules, but is there anything that says you, as her recruiter, can't meet with her on a regular basis to talk business? You could act as accountability partners, if nothing else.

I'm a Future Director with only two consultants (so far) and although my director has monthly meetings, my consultants can't make it to them. So we planned our own mini-cluster meeting at my house.

At the last minute one of them couldn't make it, but I went ahead with the other one and we had a great time. I think it really helped her to feel connected to PC again - she is more of a hobbyist right now - but wants to pick up the pace of her business.

I figure it was good training for me to do a meeting for when I have a full team and it was good for her. We are hoping to do it again with all three of us soon!

Maybe you should just start your own meetings with your recruit and get some more people to join you so you can have bigger, more fun meetings!

Good luck!

I'm new to PC but not to the need for meetings. They bring cohesion and make folks feel a part of something. Even as our own bosses, it's nice to know there's a larger group to gain info, ideas and such from. I was feeling a little 'lost' myself as my director is very busy and the only real contact I have is her weekly canned email. Then I got an evite forwarded by her for a meeting. I went... I knew she'd be out of town and so I'd know nobody *but myself* which is completely outside my comfort zone... and I'm SOOOOO glad I went! The meeting was packed full of info and best of all... motivation! Someone demoed a new recipe in a mini-show style so we could learn from her techniques... we had a check in... someone brought a dessert pre-made... so we got to chat, learn and eat! Thing is.. I couldn't tell you how many ladies showed up... the important thing was we all left energized and laughing. Quality over quantity... I went in knowing nobody and found out I have folks, just like me, [some were brand new, some weren't]... all interested in helping each other succeed and I think that's what it's all supposed to boil down to, eh? I also found out they happen every month! So I marked it on my calendar so I didn't schedule a show then... to me it's worth giving up a night of making money to gain that which money can't buy.

lkprescott said:
I'm new to PC but not to the need for meetings. They bring cohesion and make folks feel a part of something. Even as our own bosses, it's nice to know there's a larger group to gain info, ideas and such from.
<snip>
Thing is.. I couldn't tell you how many ladies showed up... the important thing was we all left energized and laughing. Quality over quantity...

I went in knowing nobody and found out I have folks, just like me, [some were brand new, some weren't]... all interested in helping each other succeed and I think that's what it's all supposed to boil down to, eh? I also found out they happen every month! So I marked it on my calendar so I didn't schedule a show then... to me it's worth giving up a night of making money to gain that which money can't buy.
I completely agree! There are so many reasons to attend meetings, whether you think you need them or not. And what you'll find is that, rather than the meeting taking away from your income (because you didn't schedule a show), they actually add to your income by increasing your skills.

chefann said:
And what you'll find is that, rather than the meeting taking away from your income (because you didn't schedule a show), they actually add to your income by increasing your skills.

So true. I'm baffled by people who schedule shows on our Meeting days (Saturday mornings -- a schedule is distributed in early January or late December) or schedule other activites that don't have to be held on those days.

It hurts all of us when people don't attend the meetings. It's always better when there are more people (the energy is up) but you should go/have them even if there are only one or two.

I'm a Future Director with 4 people signing up in the next few weeks. I want to start doing my own meetings. I won't have the HO Director meeting form so what should I use as a guidline for my training? I get a little overwhelmed when I think of all of the information I want to convey and then taking into account the level that they are at.

After being in the business for 4 years I feel like I should've been a Director 2 years ago. Especially when it comes to the meetings. Now, I'm not the PC directory Ann is, but I find that I tend to be the only one at the meetings with the company info, product knowledge and tips (much thanks to the wonderful people on Chef Success). And being a hospitality doesn't help the situation. I kinda feel left out. And while I still wouldn't be getting the recognition I (CRAVE) like by having my own meetings I think it would help me feel as though I'm truly giving back. At the meetings I attend now I just feel like a lump in the room. I miss having my own Director. She was FABULOUS!! I miss Kim. She was really great with recognition and making you feel like you were a valuable part of her team. I hope to a director like that one day!

sfdavis918 said:
She does actually share her meetings with another director who is in her downline. Both have not had meetings all year long. I have never received a newsletter from her either. It makes me so upset to know what I am missing just because I have a cr*ppy director!

Oh, and no reply to my email as of this morning.:rolleyes:

This bothers me to no end especially when she can share a meeting and/or newsletter with another director. I would contact your upline...not to rat on her. Let her do as she wishes, but let your upline know that you want to attend a regular meeting and is there a director close to you she could recommend.

I almost wrote "another" director in your area, but this issue is not about her. It is about YOU and YOUR desire for learning. This way, it keeps any hint of ill feelings out of it. If your upline asks you about attending meetings with your director, just state that there have not been any recently and don't explain anything further. If she presses you for details, just let her know that you are interested only in attending a regular meeting and would prefer she ask your director any questions she may have. This way you are not in the middle of something. Let them deal with whatever concerns that come up from there.

I do remember getting frustrated as a new director of low attendance, but I only cancelled 2 meetings when I heard from no one. Each time I had one show up that had not RSVP'd and I felt bad so I will never do that again. I do ask for RSVP's and list who I have heard, yes, no, maybe or nothing at all from so I can get an approximate number of how many copies to bring. Good luck and keep us posted. Stay focused on what you want and need from your business!!!

I'm usually the only one who shows to my meeting or maybe one other will come, too. I get free stuff, so I keep going. My director plans nothing except the time and place. That's not totally true. She did make a new recipe in our August meeting, and sometimes she plans what she has in her gift bag. She doesn't do many shows and has a hard time getting $750 a month. She doesn't plan to sell that in December and barely got there in November.

JAE said:
I'm usually the only one who shows to my meeting or maybe one other will come, too. I get free stuff, so I keep going. My director plans nothing except the time and place. That's not totally true. She did make a new recipe in our August meeting, and sometimes she plans what she has in her gift bag. She doesn't do many shows and has a hard time getting $750 a month. She doesn't plan to sell that in December and barely got there in November.

Seriously? Even in November with SAT? That is just sad. Really makes me think she won't be a director for much longer - if she can barely make $750 in Nov, and can't make it in Dec - how will she make it in Jan and Feb?

Good thing you have your "spare" cluster, huh?:D You know you can always come to ours - Jen has adopted you, and thinks of you as one of hers anyways!

She made the $750 in November by someone buying $350 in products and then signing up to sell. Amazing! She's doing something right because she consistantly gets recruits. I wish she'd teach me what she's doing.

ChefBeckyD said:
Seriously? Even in November with SAT? That is just sad. Really makes me think she won't be a director for much longer - if she can barely make $750 in Nov, and can't make it in Dec - how will she make it in Jan and Feb?

Good thing you have your "spare" cluster, huh?:D You know you can always come to ours - Jen has adopted you, and thinks of you as one of hers anyways!

I wouldn't think that the SAT would be that big a deal to a director, since they get everything anyway, right?

Sarah~

They don't get it unless they meet minimum sales requirements in the months before hand. Someone on here will know the specifics!

Directors typically have to sell $1250 in 3 out of 4 months before the SAT to get them - it's usually detailed in the fine print on the SAT flyer.

FYI
as Directors we are required to hold meetings if not--- We can get a call from H.O. etc......

I have meetings with one++ if its that small sometimes we go out for a bite---relax and brainstorm----
initiate it by inviting your friend-Director---YOU CAN GROW SO MUCH together---You are leader so LEAD---go for it---

chefann said:
Directors typically have to sell $1250 in 3 out of 4 months before the SAT to get them - it's usually detailed in the fine print on the SAT flyer.

You are correct, Ann. In addition, you do not receive your extra 3% commission on your cluster's sales and your personal sales if you do not sell $1250 in a month. I am terrible...I know they just increased one of the levels of sales we must obtain, but since I usually get well beyond that, I don't recall what it was. I am hoping to promote my first director with in a few months so I will have to get on the stick!

As far as your director getting more recruits...she must be doing something right...she just may be at the right place at the right time! But with those low sales (especially for a director) she will not hold that title.

I am about to recruit and my cluster does not have a Director close but I do have a future director close to me and our firstline Director is a Senior Executive Director and she sends the information to do meetings to the future director and it would be the three of us Her (future Director Carol) Me (Carols recruit recruited me), another girl (Christina my recruits other recruit) and my Recruit. Carol does nto have any of her recruits show up as they dont live close or work interfears with the meeting times.

I will be holding mini meetings for just me and my recruit and christina as carol is going to be helping at home with her daughters surgery and then her recovery so I will be requesting the information from her to have meetings untill CArol can again.

So to answer your question if she your Director does not want to hold meetings you should ask her or your senior director for hospitality close as we have a Director who has 4 diffrent hospitality directors in the meeting becasue all of the clusters are small.

But we my cluster has broken off to do our own detailed training. We are wanting to build our business and get things going. I want to cross stage with me Recruiter (who moved to Misouri) and her Recruiter Carol and Me all crossing stage on the same day. That would be cool. To have our cluster grow by leaps and bounds.

Your directors up line can talk to you and will probably be more then willing to help you teach each meeting and at least have something for you and her as we have found out all you have to do is ask.

We have monthly meetings with out cluster about an hour away from where we live. My recruiter is a FD. Her, myself, and her other recruit all live out here so we do our own little meeting once a week. We all are very busy with other things so we rotate who goes to the actual cluster meeting and then meet up for coffee and go over the stuff we learned at the meeting and brainstorm among the three of us. That seems to work better, it's easier to get three people together than 15. Do what works for you!

KellyTheChef said:
I'm sorry...I don't agree with your director at all.

There was one month that the cluster meeting I attended was just ME and MY DIRECTOR. Just cuz other people don't want to attend, or can't attend, I don't think others should suffer.

If she doesn't get it together...are there other clusters in your area? Can you see if you and your recruit can attend someone else's meetings?

My very first meeting was just my director and I. No one else could make it, she has 5 other consultants in her downline. I was ok with this, since it was my first I kind of liked the one on one

Wow, I didn't know how fortunate I am! I'm in my second month... we have meetings every month and and extra meeting each month for any new recruits. The 2 main meetings that I have been to have had probably 25-35 people in attendance.
There is a wealth of info even outside of the meeting just chatting with others.
For those of you without set meetings, I highly suggest that you try to find people to meet up with. It's such a great help!

Maybe you should suggest a conference call cluster meeting. our cluster did that last month and we had a great meeting.

1. How many consultants must attend a cluster meeting?

The minimum number of consultants required to hold a cluster meeting is typically five. This allows for a diverse group of consultants to share their experiences and ideas.

2. Can the host consultant invite guests to the cluster meeting?

Yes, the host consultant can invite guests to the cluster meeting. This is a great opportunity for potential consultants to learn more about the Pampered Chef business and meet current consultants.

3. How often are cluster meetings held?

Cluster meetings are typically held once a month. However, this may vary depending on the availability of the host consultant and the preferences of the group.

4. Is it mandatory for consultants to attend cluster meetings?

While it is not mandatory for consultants to attend cluster meetings, it is highly encouraged. These meetings provide valuable training and networking opportunities that can help improve your business.

5. Is two consultants enough to hold a cluster meeting?

While two consultants could technically hold a cluster meeting, it is recommended to have at least five consultants in attendance for a more productive and diverse meeting. However, if two consultants are the only ones available, it is still beneficial to hold a meeting and share ideas and tips with each other.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jayne
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Cathy Boucher
  • Poll