• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Registries Do You Have? Any?

In summary, there are a lot of people who have registries, but not many people have made any purchases from them. Joanne has one registry and she is hoping to get orders from it this spring. There are also a lot of people who have talked to their brides on the phone, but not many people have had successful registries.
ChefinHarmony
How many of you have registries out there? I don't have ONE yet! I've spread the word at my shows, asked around, send out information to engagement leads, etc. Not sure how to get some brides on board! All my friends are "Moms" now - we are past the wedding stage. Any advice? And I wonder how many people have registries set up - lots?
Thanks!!
Joanne

I have one registry my husband's friend is getting married so I asked and they said yes. But I can't get anyone to host any shows so hopefully that will help out a little bit.

I don't have ONE yet either but in the spring I should be getting 2 or 3.
I am actually thinking of calling the lady I dealt with at the hotel I got married at (I hope she is still there). I got everything through them (video, cake, flowers,pics, etc..). One stop shopping but they didn't have anything about registries. Wouldn't that be great?? I just have to stop procrastinating and call her.

I've had two so far....with only a couple orders each. I felt bad that they didn't even qualify for benefits.

I've had 1 and they didn't have any orders come in at all!

I have 18, from 2 expo's I did in the Summer, but they are for weddings in the Spring and Summer of 2007. We will see if they go anywhere.

I have 11 currently... but only one order so far. I've had MANY since it began (I've done 2 major expos with my cluster) and none of them have had orders on 'em.
I've talked to all of my brides on the phone, and there are a LOT of ladies out there whose mothers or mother in laws think it's "tacky" to announce your registry with those little cards.

I have only had 1. The wedding was this weekend, so, I do not expect any orders. The only orders for it were when I helped to give a PC shower for the Bride. No just out of the blue orders off the registry.

I think I have 10 and I just got 2 more yesterday. I have been doing a ton of events.

Does the registry option have a way to email people? If so maybe an email a month before the wedding would help with sales. Especially if the email contained cut comments from the bride about what she hoped to do with a few of the products on her registry?

AJPratt said:
I think I have 10 and I just got 2 more yesterday. I have been doing a ton of events.

Anne,
Have you had any success with purchases on those registries?
I know I will have two successful registries this spring because 2 family members are getting married (two separate weddings, I just realized how that sounded!LOL) My family LOVES PC!
But, other than that, I don't think the registry has been as popular as PC had hoped or expected. I have two registries active right now and only one order so far. :(

I just started these, so I haven't had any orders, but there have been some changes made to them. We'll see how it goes. It could be big...

I have one - bride had a PC bridal show of $780.00 - BUT not one purchase online...

Pampered Laura said:
I've talked to all of my brides on the phone, and there are a LOT of ladies out there whose mothers or mother in laws think it's "tacky" to announce your registry with those little cards.

It is tacky to put the cards in your wedding invitations, but it's perfectly acceptable to put them into shower invitations or "save the date" cards. If you send your bride any of the cards (you can order extras from Merrill that match the ones they get from Home Office), stamp your name and number on them. There are still some folks out there, I'm thinking older relatives mostly, who won't shop online but will call you to place an order.

There's a great recorded TeleClass about the registry. It includes some ideas for marketing it and getting orders.

I have had 3 -- two from HO leads and one from a show. The one I got at a cooking show ended up doing quite well with several hundred dollars in sales! The two others have done nothing.

I have a few and have some brides to be that I need to follow up with. Of the ones I do have, I think I have under $200 in sales total. One bride did earn a 15% discount, but that's it.

I do have the info on lots of 2007 brides that I got from a bridal expo I did earlier this year. I'm going to do a big blitz to get in touch with them again and see what happens.

I'm really disappointed in how it has all turned out. I thought more people would be excited about our registry. I thought it was going to be easy money but you really need to work at it--host coaching, etc just like you would for a show.

dannyzmom said:
I have had 3 -- two from HO leads and one from a show. The one I got at a cooking show ended up doing quite well with several hundred dollars in sales! The two others have done nothing.

i dont think were going about these registries the right way.....the one I have is up to 705.00. She knew about the shower & had her MONSTER in law put the little cards in each invatation, but they STILL didnt get it:rolleyes: Maybe something a little more flashy or a little bigger!!:confused:

I have two...
the first one ended up being over $1200, and she's not getting married until next April. That kept me alive this August.

I just signed up a friend of mines son and soon to be daughter in law. Will see how that goes.

I have one, but their wedding is not until November of 2007. I'm glad to have it, though!

KimmyDarling said:
I have one, but their wedding is not until November of 2007. I'm glad to have it, though!

I tjhionk w/these registries where th wedding is way far off - we need to keep in contact w/our brides

I currently have one, my best friend, and there is just over $100 in orders so far, with 3 showers and the actual wedding to go. It's hard to be competing with the big T and B, B and B on the little cards in the invites, so here's to hoping there are some PC lovin' family members out there!

I think one problem is that people want to actually go shop and touch and feel things and pick them out for the brides themselves. And the brides want the thrill of going around the store with that little scanner gun. :)

I have one from a bridal expo, but the wedding is in August of 2007. She did make changes to it, but no purchases yet!

Has anyone ever started a conversation about PC with someone you saw registering at a store or buying engagement rings at the jewelry store?? I took the wedding registry class at conference and the instructor (can't remember her name off the top of my head), got a registry that way! She approached someone registering at Target, congratulated her on her engagement and struck up a conversation about PC. THE girl said, "I LOVE PC!" and later set up a wedding registry! Cool, isn't it?

I haven't had a single one. I had one that was going to do the registry but I guess her/her mom/mil decided against it. Not many people in my neck of the woods can even figure out how to turn a computer on much less get onto a website and order something. Most people want to see the products to see what they are buying before they buy them. I've really marketed the registry also. I went out to flower shops and offered free pc products for every registry that was referred to me by them and a free lunch once a month to any shop that referred someone. Not one single one has sent anything to me. I tell everyone at my shows, festivals, etc. It's just not doing as well as I thought It would do imo.

I just did a fair this weekend and got 8 registries for 2007 weddings. I'm really going to be working on the bridal shower aspect. My director said that has been where her money has come from. (all of my registries put yes or maybe down for a shower) I definately think it is something you have to keep in touch or it just doesn't get done and I agree about the wanting to have a physical gift to bring. It would be nice if there was an option when the guest was making a purchase to print a gift card showing pictures of the items purchased that they could take with them.

Thanks for the heads up on the teleclass. I'll have to check that out. I was hoping these would be some great bonus sales out there but they really don't seem to be what most of us hoped for when it was first rolled out! Hopefully time will get the word and the popularity out there too.

I actually put my Pampered Chef registry on my 'Knot' listing of registries. I think the new Pampered Chef registiry is superior to the old one but still wish they had a Gift Registry for Housewarmings and such.

We got one of the items we regsitered for but it was not purchased off the website.

I have on persone that has set up a registry through me and there have been two items purchased and one gift certificate pirchased for the couple.

I think a gift certificate option would also be nice on the registry

Kat

I think we have to make our own cards too - The one PC sends don't have our website on it. It makes it more work for the bride.

cat said:
Has anyone ever started a conversation about PC with someone you saw registering at a store or buying engagement rings at the jewelry store?? I took the wedding registry class at conference and the instructor (can't remember her name off the top of my head), got a registry that way! She approached someone registering at Target, congratulated her on her engagement and struck up a conversation about PC. THE girl said, "I LOVE PC!" and later set up a wedding registry! Cool, isn't it?
I was in Target myself last week and saw a girl with the scanner gun and got the idea of doing something like that. After reading someone else actually had success striking up a conversation, maybe I'll have the nerve next time "step out of the comfort zone" and try it myself.

ooooohhhh thats a great idea!

Kathytnt said:
I think we have to make our own cards too - The one PC sends don't have our website on it. It makes it more work for the bride.
The great thing about the wedding registry is that people don't NEED to know us. They can go to the PC website, find the registry by typing in the bride's name, and buy from there. WE get credit for it because the bride's name is connected to us. :)
Please don't add your name to the annoucement cards, that looks tacky. :eek: :p

The past 3 weeks, I've gotten 2 more registries, and 5 orders. Total: $565 in sales. Not too shabby! ;)

I just started this month and have some one who wants to do a registry. When she gave my consultant number it said she could not use me. How does this work? Do I have to wait until I am qualified before I can get commission from registry orders?

I just had a stranger sign up!

hla3 said:
I just started this month and have some one who wants to do a registry. When she gave my consultant number it said she could not use me. How does this work? Do I have to wait until I am qualified before I can get commission from registry orders?

You do need to be qualified to have the registry feature work on your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • leshelman