• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Find Party Hosts? How Can I Expand My Network?

In summary, the speaker has been doing PC for over a year and is struggling to find new people to host shows and order products. They have tried focusing on wedding registries and promoting on Facebook, as well as participating in vendor and craft fairs. They have also learned to not rely solely on friends and family for business, and to constantly seek new leads through various methods such as carrying catalogs, offering incentives for referrals, and improving their shows.
ahprimer21
Hey there! I have been doing PC for a little over a year and have ran my circle dry. Most of my friends have eathier had a party, or are not interested in having one at all. I have a Facebook page and regularly update it and post deals! I need to find some new people to host shows and order products.Also, I am only 23 so most of my friends are young and dont have a lot of money to spend on products as well. I have tried to really focus on wedding registries, since most of my friends and people i come into contact with are at the phase in their lives. I would appreciate any advice! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Spring is coming and I try to do one booth a month to keep new leads coming in. In the meantime you can try to Pamper a Business in the area. Hope that helps!

Have you ever done a vendor show? Google "vendor fairs" or "craft fairs" in your area and see if you can find one to sign up for...this allows you to get completely new leads for business and you won't need to worry so much about your friends. A very wise person once told me that you won't build a business with your friends and family. You need to get out there and get new leads outside of them and that will allow you to keep branching out! You can do it!

I did my first indoor flea market booth today and got two parties booked. I'm really super duper excited about one of them. She's in direct contact with fifty + day care centers and is looking to connect me to that circle through her party. It was an little up front investment - $35.00, but the pay off of opening a new circle will be worth it in the end. (Of course I'm super excited about both :eek:)

I'm doing another one next weekend with a cover of $20.00 in my local neighborhood. Of course I bring 7 host packets with me and my ultimate goal is to get rid of them with booked dates, but I know if I get at least one show in a new circle it has the potential to grow.

It really helps you go for the Nos as well. I gave out a bunch of mini-catalogs to maybes, and free recipe cards to the Nos. What I learned is next time I need to do a drawing so that I come away with more leads than giving away my materials.

I would also recommend taking the facebook training in the online training center about how to effectively use facebook status updates etc. So as not to burn out your circle of friends listed there, but keep them intrigued and aware you are a PC consultant without "hit them over the head sales" posting - which I was originally at fault for :eek:
, but now I'm an :angel: on fb ;)

Hope this helps. I'm still a newbie with less than a month, so there's likely much more experienced forlks out there with great tips too.

Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Hang in there - I always find that when this happens is when I end up getting a call from a prior host who has referred me to a friend. In fact, it happened twice this week. Here are a few tips I've gleaned from this site in the mean time:
*Carry a PC tote with a visible catalog OR PC wear - it never fails that when I take my catty tote to Wal-Mart or a restaurant I leave with either a lead or a booking. It's crazy - people do stop and ask me questions, every time. (Remember to look your best and wear a smile!)
*Bring a thank you "treat" to your pharmacy, doctor, beautician, realtor, teachers, or any business you frequent regularly - and make it obvious that it is PC. - leave a few mini-cattys and your business card
*Send an email or note to your past hosts, and offer an incentive to anyone who can "whip up some business" by referring you to a friend. Most of my booking leads outside of parties come from former hosts.
*Are you doing a full service check out? Are you asking everyone? I know this was the hardest part for me sometimes, but once I really started putting it into place, I always went home with bookings.
*To continue with the above - I also am very careful to avoid a show "rut" and constantly improve my shows to make them fit the hosts - my hope is to make each show a perfect fit for the host so that everyone enjoys themselves and leaves within a reasonable time. This is the best way to ensure future bookings.
*Do your neighbors know they have a PC rep in the area? Use old catalogs (there are some incredible stickers on this site to put on the front so folks know they aren't current) and take them around to your neighbors. Sometimes you have a wealth of parties right next door and don't even know it! I even created a flyer to send to mine.
*Last but not least - don't sweat it, keep your head up and keep believing - this will pass. We all hit those seasons. Choose to believe and you will be shocked at what comes your way. It's easy to get discouraged, just use that discouragement to motivate you to take the next step in your business. Once you've freed yourself from your circle of friends, there's a whole nation out there of customers!Good luck!
Nancy

Oh - and I wanted to add one more thing - use the training tools on the PC website - or get some cds from your director - I went through the duldroms last summer - and those really put a scoot in my boot. ;) they are incredibly motivating and they are from the experts. If they can do it - why can't we?

Thank you everyone for all the GREAT advice! I really appreciate it!

Ask all your past hosts for referrals. Offer someone a "gift" (free product at the show, a SB, their favorite rub) if they give you the names of friends who might be interested in a show. Give them the freebie at their show.

If none of those people want to host right now, offer them the same freebie for referrals. Be sure to ask about fundraising opportunities, too. :)

I haven't read all of the posts, but I was on a conference call with 2 consultants dealing with this issue just the other day. I did all of the coaching tips that we learn when it dawned on me what the problem is. It's simple to fix and you can do it for everyone you know:

You need to let your potential host know what is in it for her/him! `
~Does she hate to cook? Our cookware makes burning a thing of the past. Our Deep Covered Baker cuts baking time dramatically and dinner can be on the table in minutes. Working together we can have a fun cooking class that will earn her the DCB or cookware free(60% off)!
~Does she love to cook? We can fill her kitchen by having a fun Italian made easy, Mexican in Minutes show!
~Is she single and eats out all the time? How about a heathy cooking show or a Meals in Minutes party?
~Does she love to entertain?
~Is your host uneasy about having a party at her home? Office party or offer your home!

We need to look at each person and help them find the desire to own every product in the catalog, or at least some of the higher ticket items that will make their life easier and more fun. Some people might say yeas to a show simply to help you or their friend out. Unless they have something tthat they can get out of it then there really isn't a reason to do the show. We help them see that our products can go in any home and why a certain product would fit their needs.
~Go to the Theme show tab on CC and really look into the archives.
A Theme show is just a recipe that you market to fit your needs. Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue has been served at my Mexican Fiesta, Death By Chocolate, Sip and Dip and Keeping it Cool theme shows.
~Practice and let your host know the show itself is no more than 45 minutes and you'll even set a 30 minute timer so you'll know when to wrap it up.
~People will book a show because they like you. Add humor and valued cooking/food tips to your show. They are everywhere on Chefsuccess.
You must really believe that what you are saying is true. We have the best products. There is never a bad time to do a show. If you're tired stand up and call. Look in a mirror and smile before you dial

For your first shows or when you're in a crunch: Once you know what's in it for them and you've found a theme show that excites you don't be afraid to let them know that booking a show with you really helps your host (or you). And your job is to help them have a fun show with family and friends that makes everyone happy.
And to do that you are going to host coach them -ask them to mix the crowd and have every guest bring someone you don't know, so they'll never "have" to do a show for you again ...but it's ok if they want to do more.

I know from experience that we can all talk ourselves out of picking up the phone. The best time to call anyone is when their name pops in your head. You have the perfect excuse! Just give it a minute or two of thought and think of what we said, you need to really sell the sizzle of why they will want to have a fun show with you ASAP. Then dial and say something as simple as:

Hi _____, this is _____. I've been thinking about you! Are you interruptable? Then ask how they are. Listen. Respond that you've been on my mind because I know you_____(fill in w/hate to cook, are busy, love to cook, love to entertain, are budgeting) and I thought our...(fill in products) would be perfect for you because____(why)! (Keep the passion in your voice). I'm not sure, but did you know that by having a show this month you can get ____ 50%, 60% off or even free?!! And I thought that having a____(fill in theme show) and making_____(fill in recipe) would be so much fun because I know your family and friends would enjoy learning or getting together!

When I got off the phone I was amazed at what I discovered. Booking shows isn't about finding the perfect day to have a party or finding the perfect time to make calls. It's about really believing that having a show with you is something all of your contacts need because you will help them get what they need(free products, fun or new skills) by working with them for success.

Good luck!!

Nep2nfly said:
Hang in there - I always find that when this happens is when I end up getting a call from a prior host who has referred me to a friend. In fact, it happened twice this week.

Here are a few tips I've gleaned from this site in the mean time:
*Carry a PC tote with a visible catalog OR PC wear - it never fails that when I take my catty tote to Wal-Mart or a restaurant I leave with either a lead or a booking. It's crazy - people do stop and ask me questions, every time. (Remember to look your best and wear a smile!)
*Bring a thank you "treat" to your pharmacy, doctor, beautician, realtor, teachers, or any business you frequent regularly - and make it obvious that it is PC. - leave a few mini-cattys and your business card
*Send an email or note to your past hosts, and offer an incentive to anyone who can "whip up some business" by referring you to a friend. Most of my booking leads outside of parties come from former hosts.
*Are you doing a full service check out? Are you asking everyone? I know this was the hardest part for me sometimes, but once I really started putting it into place, I always went home with bookings.
*To continue with the above - I also am very careful to avoid a show "rut" and constantly improve my shows to make them fit the hosts - my hope is to make each show a perfect fit for the host so that everyone enjoys themselves and leaves within a reasonable time. This is the best way to ensure future bookings.
*Do your neighbors know they have a PC rep in the area? Use old catalogs (there are some incredible stickers on this site to put on the front so folks know they aren't current) and take them around to your neighbors. Sometimes you have a wealth of parties right next door and don't even know it! I even created a flyer to send to mine.
*Last but not least - don't sweat it, keep your head up and keep believing - this will pass. We all hit those seasons. Choose to believe and you will be shocked at what comes your way. It's easy to get discouraged, just use that discouragement to motivate you to take the next step in your business. Once you've freed yourself from your circle of friends, there's a whole nation out there of customers!

Good luck!
Nancy
Great advice, Nancy! I'm fairly new and a teacher, too!

I'm reading all these suggestions and I need to do more calling and finding someone home, but I do have a question about someone that has already booked. The original show was Jan. 17. when does the 6 month time frame end? July or Aug?

They need to have the party by July.

You guys just motivated me to call someone who had put on their drawing slip that they would be interested in having a party and she booked for the first Thursday in August! Thanks for the motivation and encouragement, and the ideas everyone!! It made my day!

1. Why do people not want to have a party?

There can be a variety of reasons why someone may not want to have a party. Some may not have the time or energy to plan and host a party, while others may not be interested in the products being offered. It could also be due to a lack of interest in hosting events or feeling overwhelmed by the thought of inviting and entertaining guests.

2. What can I do to encourage someone to host a party?

One approach is to focus on the benefits of hosting a party, such as getting free products, discounts, and having a fun time with friends and family. You can also offer to help with the planning and preparations to make it easier for the host. Additionally, sharing your own positive experiences of hosting a party can inspire others to do the same.

3. How can I politely decline a party invitation?

If you are not interested in hosting a party, it is important to be honest and polite in your response. You can thank the person for the invitation and explain that you are not able to host a party at this time. You can also suggest alternative ways to support their business, such as making a purchase or attending a different party.

4. Are there any alternatives to hosting a traditional party?

Yes, there are several alternatives to hosting a traditional party. You can host a virtual party, where guests can shop online and participate in games and activities through video conferencing. You can also have a catalog party, where guests can browse and place orders at their convenience. Another option is to attend a party hosted by someone else and help them earn rewards.

5. What if I don't have a big network of people to invite to a party?

You don't need a large network to host a successful party. You can start by inviting close friends and family members and ask them to bring a plus one. You can also reach out to acquaintances, coworkers, and neighbors. In addition, utilizing social media can help expand your guest list. Remember, the more people you invite, the more potential for sales and rewards!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • wildrose4420
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kathy Kiesow
  • Kevin Ranoldo