• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Recipe Options Does a PC Consultant Offer?

In summary, the conversation discussed different approaches to offering recipes at cooking shows. Some consultants offer one recipe per month, while others offer a variety of options. It was suggested to change the recipes every month or every season to keep things interesting. Some consultants also offer theme parties with predetermined recipes. It was also mentioned to have backup recipes for different times of the day. Some consultants offer options for guests to participate in making the recipes. Overall, the consultants agreed that having a set recipe for each month works well for them and their hosts.
stefani2
I am curious? How many recipes choices do you offer to your Hosts?

Is it just one recipe all month long? Or do you offer a few selections?

TIA

1 appetizer
1 main dish
1 sweet

The host chooses one, not one of each

susanr613 said:
1 appetizer
1 main dish
1 sweet

Yep, me too!

me too - how often do you change up your recipes? Every season?

I think I may start doing that. I had been offering 2 of each but I think it's too overwhelming to choose from. I like to change the choices every month. I get bored making the same thing and if someone books off another the next month, they'll get something new.

by changing it monthly - you could also consider the next month's Host special and show it off

Usually each month or two. It just depends on how many requests I've had for each.

I was thinking of just offering one reciper per month - then I would always have my kit packed and there wouldn't be any 'oh I forgot my xxx' at the show. I might have to have a few backup recipes when shows are at a different time (brunch, right after supper, etc.)

Thoughts?

stefani2 said:
I was thinking of just offering one reciper per month - then I would always have my kit packed and there wouldn't be any 'oh I forgot my xxx' at the show. I might have to have a few backup recipes when shows are at a different time (brunch, right after supper, etc.)Thoughts?
This is basically what I do. No one seems to mind. It started last fall when I was in the middle of moving with a very busy show schedule so I basically told everyone we were doing the Baked Brie. Now I *STILL* get requests for it. In fact I did it at a show last weekend because I did it at the show where we met. I am offering Greek Cheese Torta for June, mostly because I need to practice it for my Cooking Show Live at Conference. Otherwise I might have gone with something else.

Last edited:
Just what works for me...Every 3 months or so, I make up a group of recipes. There are usually 2 or 3 from each catagory of appetizers, main dishes and desserts.

Then I make up grocery lists for each recipe, however in bold red lettering, the host is asked to choose ONE recipe.

For me this works. I do theme parties too and offer them, but that is decided before the guest list is generated by the host.

Now, I blame my method on the fact that I am a Libra so I couldn't decide on just one recipe to offer each month!!!;)

Deb - do you make exceptions very often

I find lately, my hosts already have decided which recipe they want (usually word of mouth OR by loving the recipe they had at other shows)

I would like to do one recipe per month - and offer to bring an extra smaller recipe if they have 8+ guests.

Thanks for your input everyone - this is very helpful :D

I helped my Director at a VERY interactive show a couple of weeks ago. Her host had 22 guests. We did 3 cooking stations with 3 different recipes. (The host bought the ingredients for 2, my director bought the ingredients for the other.) The host informed her guests that if they did not participate, they didn't get to eat. One elderly female took photos of the group while everyone else got up and did the recipes. Me and my director walked from group to group answering questions & pointing out cool features about the products. The group LOVED the show. It closed at just over $1,550!

As a "thank you" for helping, my director gave me a booking off the show. This new host wants 2 or 3 stations. He's putting out feelers for attendees and will decide closer to his show (end of June) how many stations (2 or 3) depending on the number of attendees.

My host this weekend thought it was a cool idea and wants to do two recipes (that she pays for). So we are doing a main dish and a dessert. We are also going to set up two cooking stations with all the products they will need to complete the recipe, the ingredients and the recipe. It's up to the guests to make the food. :)

Wow! This is fantastic! What a fantastic show and with such great results! Thanks for sharing!

I do one recipe - either main dish or appetizer, and I bring dessert. If the host picks a dessert recipe as the demo recipe then I bring the appitizer.

Brandi - I like your idea - I think I am going to borrow it - thank you.

I LOVE the idea of multiple stations - but I think I need words to convince my hosts that it WILL be fun and this is what we do. I have offered it as a 'type of show' but my hosts always ask for something different. They agree it is a great way for people to participate and try the tools - but they just don't think it fits their friends....:(

I do one recipe. I don't change it up very often - just when I get sick of doing the same thing. As someone who hosted a food-type show recently, I can say that too many options IS overwhelming. I had 3 options in 4 categories and I had no idea what to pick! I liked being able to pick, but I think it would have been better just to have 2 or 3 to choose from total.

I do one recipe all month long. It really saves me time with keeping my kit packed and not having to constantly decide what to bring. All I need to do is make sure I have enough paperwork and I am off.

I have been changing every season and I have been offering between 4-6 recipes all season. This season it's all new recipes from the Season's Best. That way there is a variety for people to choose from and I know what products to bring to the show and have my crate mostly packed for this (a couple recipes take a larger item that I don't take with me every time - fluted stone, 8 qt stock pot, etc). I really like doing it this way. I made a grocery list up at the beginning of the seaon after I tried the recipes and include this in each of my host folders.

I've been getting a feel for the group, and suggesting one thing, after I ask the host if she wants something sweet or savory. And I've been bringing ingredients for a drink (usually Mojitos, but a couple of times the Cran-Raspberry Fizz).

chefann said:
I've been getting a feel for the group, and suggesting one thing, after I ask the host if she wants something sweet or savory. And I've been bringing ingredients for a drink (usually Mojitos, but a couple of times the Cran-Raspberry Fizz).
How do you make the Mojitos?

The Mojitos recipe is in the Spring/Summer SBThe basic (non PC) recipe is rum, limes, simple syrup (equal parts water/sugar), tonic water and crushed mint.

susanr613 said:
1 appetizer
1 main dish
1 sweet

I do the same and change the offering every 3 months (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer - to coincide with the seasons).

The Triple Citrus Mojitos in the current SBRC. They're YUMMY!! I make a double batch in the FSQSP.

I change mine up but usually stick with the recipes I know and am comfortable with. For May I only did the Strawbery Creme Trifle ( but I only had 2 shows) and when I "Pamper a Business", I stick with the same thing.
If my host wants a theme, I offer a recipe I know well to go along with that theme. I only do 4-5 shows a month though.

Thanks for the tips on the Mojito!!

I change up my recipe choices every few months. I used to offer a main recipe and a dessert. But I am trying to just offer one recipe to shorten the show time.

Do you make the mojitos before the show or during??
I've been sticking to trifles lately. Simple and easy. I love the Strawberry Cream and the Red, White, and Blueberry.
Okay I have a question for yall, I have a show June 13th and the host wants a light snack (show is at 6pm) and a dessert. We are going to do the RWB Trifle but need snack idea. I said I'd bring the snack prepared and we'd make the trifle.

Thanks!!!

what about the host preparing the fruit or veggies and then you do 1-2 dips.

jbdowd0798 said:
We are going to do the RWB Trifle but need snack idea. I said I'd bring the snack prepared and we'd make the trifle. Thanks!!!
The Baked Brie recipes from the Fall are SUPER easy. I usually make the brown sugar dijon version--most likely to please everyone. You could have it all prepped on your stone and bake it when you get to the host's house. Like I said, I still have people asking me for this and I started making it way back in October!

stefani2 said:
Deb - do you make exceptions very often

Not usually, unless the host suggests a recipe that she wants or there is a food allergy problem.

I say something like this during host coaching--"I've been making the ____________ a lot at my shows recently and everyone seems to love it. How does that sound to you?" Most of the time they say yes. (I got this idea from Ann P., our coffee shop guru).

I also try to feature the upcoming host special items, so I work those in one way or another. I've been making mostly trifles lately, so I just bring a potato to show the mandoline.

DEB! Baked Brie?? Tell me more! :) I'm all about super easy. What do you serve with it?? Crackers? Bread?? I've made brie but years ago!

jbdowd0798 said:
DEB! Baked Brie?? Tell me more! :) I'm all about super easy. What do you serve with it?? Crackers? Bread?? I've made brie but years ago!

Go to CC. The F/W Season's Best is still available there. It's the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie, but like I said, I make the Brown Sugar Dijon variation, which is listed at the end of the recipe. You bake the sliced bread with it.

jbdowd0798 said:
Do you make the mojitos before the show or during??
I've been making them during the show, but I do a LOT of prep so they only take a couple of minutes. I zest all but one piece of fruit myself and chop the mint. I put all the zest and mint into the 4-cup Easy-Read measuring cup with the water and sugar. After a guest zests the last piece of fruit, I add that zest, and microwave the sugar mixture to dissolve the sugar and infuse the syrup with the citrus and mint flavors. While that's in the microwave, everyone gets a turn with the citrus press, juicing the fruit right into the pitcher. (I usually juice the orange with the juicer beforehand, since that one's a little messy.) Then I pour the syrup into the pitcher through the strainer, add the soda and rum.

I've found that giving the guests a tasty beverage near the beginning of the show helps keep them quiet during the rest of the demo.

DebbieJ said:
Not usually, unless the host suggests a recipe that she wants or there is a food allergy problem.

I say something like this during host coaching--"I've been making the ____________ a lot at my shows recently and everyone seems to love it. How does that sound to you?" Most of the time they say yes. (I got this idea from Ann P., our coffee shop guru).

I also try to feature the upcoming host special items, so I work those in one way or another. I've been making mostly trifles lately, so I just bring a potato to show the mandoline.
This is exactly what I do now too.

It took me a long time to get to this - I did two recipes for the longest time and I let hosts pick any recipe that took 30 minutes or less to cook. Now I have much more control and the shows are much shorter which guests love. When a host wants more I remind them that people don't want to watch me mix and chop for more than 30 minutes or so and I give them recipes to use if they want to make other recipes ahead of time.

On the rare occasion that a host talks me into more than one recipe I find that people start getting restless and I get less bookings.

I don't offer recipe choices - I offer themes. So, the host picks a Real Foods Real Fast theme(30 Minute chicken), or a 6 O'Clock Salads theme (Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad), etc....and then I tell them what recipe goes with that theme.

I also guide them towards a theme I want to do - I will do a Chocolate Bliss theme also, but only if they just absolutely do not want to do one of the main themes I offer.

Yes, everyone loves chocolate, but for me, I have found that doing a main dish theme seems to garner more bookings and higher sales. Maybe it's because I am a cook at heart, not a baker, so I get into it more and have more tips and ideas for cooking than for baking....although I can usually drum up interest for the 12" skillet if I do a Turtle Fudge Skillet cake!

I control my demo choices - and if a host asks about doing something different, I just tell her that the recipes I use are ones that are proven crowd pleasers, and that also show off the most tools in the least amount of time, so that she can get more bang for her buck! I go at it from the perspective of how much more she will get in sales and bookings if we use the recipe I have chosen. That always seems to work!

I don't offer anything! LOL!! During one of my first calls, I usually get a feel for what they want to do and make recommendations based off that. But basically, I am game for whatever! My next show is a Tuesday morning show and the hosts wanted to do a trifle and something savory. I suggested a sandwich ring......both of which are super easy interactive recipes. So i will try the interactive thing agian but totally my style........

chefann said:
I've been making them during the show, but I do a LOT of prep so they only take a couple of minutes. I zest all but one piece of fruit myself and chop the mint. I put all the zest and mint into the 4-cup Easy-Read measuring cup with the water and sugar. After a guest zests the last piece of fruit, I add that zest, and microwave the sugar mixture to dissolve the sugar and infuse the syrup with the citrus and mint flavors. While that's in the microwave, everyone gets a turn with the citrus press, juicing the fruit right into the pitcher. (I usually juice the orange with the juicer beforehand, since that one's a little messy.) Then I pour the syrup into the pitcher through the strainer, add the soda and rum. I've found that giving the guests a tasty beverage near the beginning of the show helps keep them quiet during the rest of the demo.
Thanks for sharing this, Ann! BRILLIANT! I love using the Easy Read vs. the Small Batter Bowl. And the idea of doing more prep is a no-brainer. I made this at one show where we did interactive in two teams, so one team did the Mojitos while the other made a Trifle. After walking them through it, I was a little apprehensive about doing it again at a show because of how much work it was. I wasn't offering it because of that. Now I'll do all that prep and it will ROCK!!!THEY ARE SO YUMMY!!

Last edited:
chefbecky - i LOVE the idea of doing only Theme Shows!!!! You have such amazing ideas :love:

stefani2 said:
chefbecky - i LOVE the idea of doing only Theme Shows!!!! You have such amazing ideas :love:
Just remember any recipe you want to demo can be turned into a theme!;)

Sorry its taken me a day to get back to everyone. THANK YOU for all your help. The mojitos are YUMMO!!!

jbdowd0798 said:
Sorry its taken me a day to get back to everyone. THANK YOU for all your help. The mojitos are YUMMO!!!

Oh goodness you are soooo right!

And Ann, love your idea...will be suggesting that one! Also, the mojitos get just a little rum in the belly for a happy crowd too!

I usually offer three dessert recipes to choose one from, and if they say there's going to be more than 20 guests at the last host coaching call I offer to do Yorkshire Puddings or a savoury muffin recipe in the muffin pan as well.Alex

I normally offer 2 - 3 for them to choose one.But when I was pregnant I offered one choice and only something different if they did not like that one.

I only demo ONE recipe. Ever. I started my business doing two and made myself crazy. I am a much happier and calmer PC consultant only doing one. If it's a no-cook recipe, I am even HAPPIER!!lol

I also offer theme shows now...Mexican Margaritas, Death by Chocolate, Power Cooking, 30 minute Meals, Triffle Desserts...etc.

Like was said before, you can turn almost any recipe you want to demo into a theme show and create more excitement! You are doing the same show...but the invites get people excited about attending when you do a theme show!

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "How Many Recipes Do You Offer? I am curious?

1. How many recipe choices do you offer to your Hosts?

2. Is it just one recipe all month long?

3. Do you offer a few selections?

4. Is there a limit to the number of recipes a Host can choose from?

5. Can Hosts request specific recipes for their party?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies
Views
Myminges