• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How many prep bowls are enough for a successful dessert-making session?

In summary, the two prep bowls that are in your new consultant kit is definitely not enough. The first time you make the mini lemon cakes, you were careful to make them two at a time, but the second time you rushed and made three without letting the glass cool. The cakes were burnt brown and stinky.
thecougchef
..that the two prep bowls they give you in your new consultant kit is DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH.

i was going to make the mini lemon cakes for easter dessert.
i was very careful to make them two at a time, then let the glasses cool down before making two more. (I needed a total of 5).

i finished the cakes and was very happy with the outcome. i arranged them on a pretty red plate and was going to cover them but my phone rang and had to go answer it. i came back LESS THAN TWO MINUTES LATER, and my 10-month-old black lab had eaten 4 of my 5 cakes.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.
ranting.gif
so i was mad, but it was partially my fault for leaving them where she was going to get them (shed been watching me carefully the whole time i was making them). and in the end, i knew it would be a good easter story.

SO. i start over. but by this time it was 10:30pm and i was tired and had to be up early for church (parking always seems to be an issue easter morning). so i rushed through the first two and started making two more without letting the glass cool. about three minutes after putting the prep bowls into the microwave, my apartment starts getting this AWFUL burning smell. i pulled the cakes out and they are not a pretty yellow like the other cakes. they are BURNT BROWN. and stinky. :yuck: so i just gave up.

i couldnt fall asleep because the burning smell was so bad. so i went to the store and bought a rhubarb pie. ::sigh::

and this afternoon i submitted an order for more prep bowls.

Awww! Treat yourself to the Prep Bowls on a supply order.

I hope you got them on supply...they are at a discount...or in one week you can get a set at 40% off...for KE.I got one set last year for KE and now I got another when they went on sale with supply...so I now have 12-14 but you'd never know...there is a continuous circle of them from cupboard to use to sink/dishwasher and back......plus I think a few have disappeared... :(

What is KE?!?!

Kit enhancement.

LOL!! Smart dog. My cat did that once, (about 14 years ago) she was watching my Mom baking some BBQ chicken breasts. We all walked outside to say goodbye to my friend who was being picked up by her Mom. When we walked back in we noticed the biggest piece was missing, & looked on the floor & there was Sylvie with a BBQ mustache. LOL!! Oh the things animals get into. We under estimate them sometimes.

I use the silicone floral cupcake pan. No worries on not having enough. :) Then again.... I dont think that came in the kit so that wasnt much help was it?

It's so worth it to have at least a full set! I'm going to be getting the set on the supply order so I have two sets.

yeah. i got them on supply order. ill probably snag another set during KE.

i made the ham and egg brunch squares for dinner a few weeks ago. i dont like ham so i used italian sausage instead (which is soooo good). my bf came to the door so i went to let him in & i came back and my dog had eaten all the sausage off of the part that she could reach. so i had half sausage ... half vegetarian :)

Sounds like you may need some training classes for your dog with your PC income!

What is "Last Night I Learned.."?

"Last Night I Learned.." is a cooking and social event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants. It is an opportunity for guests to learn new recipes and cooking techniques while having fun with friends and family.

Do I need any cooking experience to attend "Last Night I Learned.."?

No, "Last Night I Learned.." is designed for people of all cooking levels. Whether you are a beginner or experienced cook, you will have a great time learning and trying new recipes.

How long does "Last Night I Learned.." event usually last?

The average duration of a "Last Night I Learned.." event is around 2-3 hours. However, the time may vary depending on the number of recipes being prepared and the number of attendees.

Do I need to bring any ingredients or cooking supplies to "Last Night I Learned.."?

No, all the necessary ingredients and cooking supplies will be provided by the Pampered Chef consultant hosting the event. You just need to come with an appetite and a willingness to learn!

Can I host a "Last Night I Learned.." event at my home?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I can host a "Last Night I Learned.." event at your home. It's a great way to gather your friends and family for a fun and educational cooking experience. Contact me for more information and to schedule a date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Jillybill