• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Messages Do You All Leave

In summary, the caller is trying to reach someone who signed up to host a show with PC, but the caller is not interested in hosting a show.
sillylittlechef
How many messages do you all leave when trying to reach someone who said they would host. I always seem to call when no one is home (I hope they aren't screening my call) and don't want to seem desperate leaving a message every day.
So how many before you give it up?

I try to email them after the first call. And I will tell them what I am calling about.Sometimes that works. It's hard to know when to give up. But then again Im new at this. I have someone who said they would have a catty show.I have been trying to reach them with no luck ..

I try calling them from a different number if I'm getting the feeling they are screening my calls. If they pick up, then I'm pretty sure they were screening and I write them off. If they don't I leave a message.

I usually go with my own version of three strikes and you're out. If I haven't heard anything back by the time I leave a third message I say something like "if I don't hear back from you by _____ I will just assume you are no longer interested in hosting a show......thank you.......if you change your mind or if I can be of service in the future" and so forth, well you get the idea. That way the ball is in their court, I have done what I've promised.

I'm with Lesa. I often use the "I don't want to become a Pampered Pest" line. I do my best to call at different times of day. If they won't get back to me after three messages, they are most likely not interested.

Two for meI usually only leave two messages and space them a few days apart, maybe even a week. After that if they haven't returned my call, I leave cell, home and email address for their convenience, then I mark them off and continue with my list.

I have a Taste of home lady calling me and she has already left three messages. She is trying to recruit me. I hope she finally leaves me alone. I already told her I am not interested and that I love PC. It was my fault for signing their list to get a catalog to view their products at a Taste of Home cooking show Chef Kearns and I attended so we could have a vendor booth.

She keeps telling me that there are great incentives to sign and if I am interested in purchasing any products. I haven't been avoiding her, she always calls while I am doing school and I never answer the phone or I'll get distracted. If I do happen to see her number I will answer and ask tell her again that I am not interested, I just wanted to see the competition.

Debbie :D

*67... Enter that before dialing their phone # and it will block the caller ID. I sometimes think this backfires, because if I get a call with no info on the caller ID, I rarely answer it. I kinda feel that if I leave 2 message and an e-mail, those are my three strikes as well and I move on.

I personally have a "3 call policy" and on the 3rd call, I tell them that this is my practice (to only call 3 times), and I also give them a specific deadline to return the call or I will close their file. If it is a host whom I am try to reach to host coach, I will also tell them that if they don't call by that deadline, they will be sacrificing that show date to someone on my waiting list.

I also drop a post card in the mail that same day telling them they can "save their date" by responding by the specified deadline and still have a fun show and earn free products. I also have written on the post card that this is my final attempt at contacting them.

I just had to do this today for a host who is supposed to have a show on 2/5.

I only work a limited number of nights during the month as I also work a full time job - so I take my schedule very seriously.

Melinda

Keep callingI say keep calling!

Right after I signed up with PC, my recruiter told me I could work a craft fair with her to try to generate some bookings. So I did and the first day I got 4 leads. I was so excited!!! Once of the ladies that I spoke to said she was so excited and she really wanted for me to come do a show, but she lived 45 minutes away. I told her no problem, if she booked the show I would do it. It took a whole year for her to finally book the show. I almost gave up on her. She ended up having a 900 dollar show and 9 bookings!

So you never know. Our schedules can get crazy and so do theirs. They will appreciate your patience. I just make calls once a month unless they ask me to call them back at a certain time or day.

Hope this helps.

Cookin'InTX said:
I say keep calling!

Right after I signed up with PC, my recruiter told me I could work a craft fair with her to try to generate some bookings. So I did and the first day I got 4 leads. I was so excited!!! Once of the ladies that I spoke to said she was so excited and she really wanted for me to come do a show, but she lived 45 minutes away. I told her no problem, if she booked the show I would do it. It took a whole year for her to finally book the show. I almost gave up on her. She ended up having a 900 dollar show and 9 bookings!

So you never know. Our schedules can get crazy and so do theirs. They will appreciate your patience. I just make calls once a month unless they ask me to call them back at a certain time or day.

Hope this helps.
Wow that shows how persistence Really pays off

I definitely keep calling if they show genuine interest. It doesn't take too long to develop the ability to sort out the "Gee, I'd love to do it but something actually came up," from the people who are just hoping you'll give up and go away.I had one host who had a bizarre string of family emergencies and deaths. (I knew her well enough to know it wasn't a bunch of BS.) It took us just over a year to finally hold her show. It was a good show (over $850), though, and I got several more shows from it, to.

1. How many messages do you leave when you work for Pampered Chef?

The number of messages left by each Pampered Chef consultant can vary depending on their individual strategy and the response rate of their customers. However, it is generally recommended to leave at least 5 messages before moving on to other follow-up methods.

2. How often should I leave messages when following up with potential customers?

The frequency of leaving messages can also vary depending on the response rate and preferences of your customers. It is generally recommended to leave a message every 3-4 days to avoid overwhelming your customers, but also to stay top of mind.

3. What should I include in my messages when following up?

When leaving a message, it is important to provide a brief and friendly reminder about your products or opportunity, along with a call to action such as asking for a call back or setting up a time to chat. You can also mention any current promotions or incentives to entice the customer to respond.

4. Is it better to leave a voicemail or send a text message?

This can vary depending on the preferences of your customers. Some may prefer a text message as it is more convenient for them to respond, while others may prefer a voicemail as it feels more personal. It is recommended to mix up your follow-up methods and use both voicemail and text messages to reach a wider audience.

5. How can I track the messages I have left for customers?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of tools and resources to help consultants track their follow-up efforts, including message tracking sheets and online systems. You can also track your responses and follow-up success by keeping a record of who responds to your messages and which methods work best for different customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AMTC