• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Does It Take in This Business Before One Gets Past the

In summary, guests are usually happy to help out and it is usually easy to get them involved in the demo early on.
rubyladee
How long does it take in this business before one gets past the nervousness and anxiety before a cooking show? I was a nervous wreck this morning! I have such a hard time talking to people I don't know and I am always afraid of making mistakes. I have been doing this since November of last year so you'd think I would be getting past all that. I just hope it isn't like this before every show! But, I do have to say the show was a success. So far the total commissionable sales are at $1,200.00 and she is still getting outside orders.:D Needless to say I am very excited about that...I just don't like the anxiety.

Just remember that everyone is human, and everyone makes mistakes! It makes the guests feel like you aren't a perfect professional chef, and that makes it a little easier in the eyes of a potential recruit!! GREAT JOB with the show, that is a great start!

Great job! I'd like to know that the anxiety gets better too! You must have seemed confident to the guests to have sales like that!

I've been doing this since August '06, and my tummy is LOADED with butterflies before the show................you're not alone! ANyone out there...does this EVER go away??!?!? I'm comfortable doing it, I just get a little freaked out when there are all of these people standing in front of me!!

Okay, the best way to get rid of the nerves is to realize that you will get more bookings and recruit leads if you are not perfect!!!! That and getting the guests to do most of the work.

Good point. Now, here's the question. I'm kind of a control freak. So - it's going to be difficult for me to have guests do the work. Has there ever been a time that you ask for guests to help, and no one WANTS to?!?!? Or do they usually help? I've never had the guests help. I've had the HOST help out from time to time. I don't try to be perfect...but like I said, just a little control issue here!! My DH tells me I'm warped!! but that's another story for another time!! LOL!!!

I usually have someone come up and try the food chopper or something easy.

For race shows, it's a bit more frantic since they are doing everything, but I manage to stay calm. :)

The best way is to take a handful of smaller tools and place them on the table as you are getting set up. Then when people are coming in, have them choose a tool. Then when it is time to use that tool in the demo, have them come up and use it. This can get very hilarious when you have couples. Have the wife choose a tool for the husband. When he comes up to use it he has to give at least one other use for the tool. This can get really racy!

cmdtrgd said:
The best way is to take a handful of smaller tools and place them on the table as you are getting set up. Then when people are coming in, have them choose a tool. Then when it is time to use that tool in the demo, have them come up and use it. This can get very hilarious when you have couples. Have the wife choose a tool for the husband. When he comes up to use it he has to give at least one other use for the tool. This can get really racy!

Oh yeah, I've done this too, although not with couples. It works out really well!

I still get nervous too right before show time 1.5 years later! I think it's natural, especially if you aren't real comfortable with public speaking but once I am up there and into the demo it goes away. You are definitely not alone!

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate your support.

pcchris said:
Good point. Now, here's the question. I'm kind of a control freak. So - it's going to be difficult for me to have guests do the work. Has there ever been a time that you ask for guests to help, and no one WANTS to?!?!? Or do they usually help? I've never had the guests help. I've had the HOST help out from time to time. I don't try to be perfect...but like I said, just a little control issue here!! My DH tells me I'm warped!! but that's another story for another time!! LOL!!!
Knock, knock!Who's there?Control Freak. Now, you say, "Control Freak, Who?":D:D:D:D:D:DIf you get to a point that you have no stage fright at all before you start a presentation, it's time to consult a professional because there is something wrong with you!
Hihead.jpg

How Long Does It Take in This Business Before One Gets Past the Initial Struggle?

The length of time it takes to get past the initial struggle in this business can vary greatly, as it depends on several factors such as your level of dedication, the resources available to you, and your ability to network and market your business effectively. Some consultants may start seeing success within a few months, while others may take a year or more to get past this stage.

How Long Does It Take to Start Making a Profit?

Similar to the previous question, the amount of time it takes to start making a profit in this business can vary. It depends on various factors such as your personal sales skills, the size of your network, and your ability to effectively manage your expenses. Some consultants may start making a profit within the first few months, while others may take a year or more.

How Long Does It Take to Build a Large Customer Base?

Building a large customer base can take time and effort. It requires consistently marketing and promoting your business, providing excellent customer service, and building relationships with your customers. It may take several months to a year to build a large customer base, but it will continue to grow as you continue to work on your business.

How Long Does It Take to Reach Leadership Levels in This Business?

The time it takes to reach leadership levels in this business depends on your personal goals and dedication. Some consultants may reach leadership levels within a year, while others may take several years. It also depends on your ability to build a strong team and mentor others to reach their own goals.

How Long Does It Take to Reach a Full-Time Income?

Again, the time it takes to reach a full-time income in this business can vary. It depends on your personal goals, your ability to consistently grow your business, and the demand for your products. Some consultants may reach a full-time income within a year, while others may take several years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • nikkies
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies