• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Refund from Hotel: How Long Does it Take? Tips and FAQs

In summary, it usually takes about a week for a refund to be sent to a hotel after a conference has ended.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hello!

Got a quick question..how long does it usually take to get a refund from a hotel? I was supposed to get a $51 refund from the Palmer House. Nope, nothing yet. Are any of you waiting for a refund? Do you know how long it usually takes?

I have $96 coming form the Chicago Hilton....called them and spoke with billing -- she said that they have to get all the refund amounts correct and send ONE big check with the printout to Experient (since they paid with ONE big payment), and Experient will refund our cards.

As I understand it, the hotels don't have the option to credit each account individually. So as it stands, it will probably be another few weeks (this stinks!).

Perhaps a note to PC would be in order.

yuck! thanks for the info Janice! I have one about the size of yours coming from the Chicago Hilton as well and am looking forward to it being credited to my account!

I am very irritated about that. I had reserved a room at one hotel but didn't need it so I cancelled. I called to find out where my refund was since I would need it to pay for my other room. I was told that PC would send it out about 3 weeks after conference. I was in wave 1 & still waiting for that $. It should have been in a disclaimer somewhere. I never saw it & the girl @ hotel said they don't let you know ahead of time. I am waiting on $193!!! I had to borrow that in order to pay for my hotel @ conference. What a pain!!

When I filled out my survey about NC I made sure to mention to get rid of the third party...Expierent (sp??) as we had such problems as well and the hotel couldn't do anything. If PC is so worried and interested in what people do with their money and the economy, then they need to SAVE them and us money!!

Bumping this to let you know....I have e-mailed HO at the Solution Center e-mail on CC.

I suggest that you do the same. If they hear from us, perhaps they will know that there is a problem....

1. How long does it typically take to receive a refund from a hotel?

The timeline for receiving a refund from a hotel can vary depending on several factors such as the hotel's refund policy, the method of payment used, and the reason for the refund. In general, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for the refund to process and appear back on your account.

2. What is the usual process for requesting a refund from a hotel?

The first step in requesting a refund from a hotel is to reach out to their customer service or reservations department. They will likely ask for details about your reservation and the reason for the refund. If the hotel approves your request, they will initiate the refund process, which may involve contacting your bank or credit card company.

3. Can I get a full refund if I need to cancel my hotel reservation?

It depends on the hotel's cancellation policy and the timing of your cancellation. Many hotels have a specific cutoff date for cancellations in order to receive a full refund. If you cancel after this date, you may only be eligible for a partial refund or no refund at all. It's important to carefully review the cancellation policy before making a reservation.

4. Are there any fees associated with receiving a refund from a hotel?

Some hotels may charge a processing fee for refunds, especially if the reservation was made through a third-party booking site. However, if the reason for the refund is due to an issue on the hotel's end (e.g. overbooking), they should not charge any additional fees.

5. What should I do if I haven't received my refund from a hotel within the expected timeframe?

If it has been longer than the estimated timeframe for the refund to process, it's best to reach out to the hotel directly to inquire about the status. If they have already processed the refund, they may be able to provide you with a confirmation or tracking number. If you still have not received the refund, you may need to contact your bank or credit card company for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • mjdickie
  • General Chat
Replies