• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How long do your shows typically last?

In summary, Ange's shows typically last about 1 hour and 45 minutes. She arrives about 60 to 45 minutes before her show starts and is usually done by 8:30. She prefers to do one recipe that cooks in 20 minutes or less.
sivlepa
I am wondering about whether the length of the show affects the sales. I am really trying to work on this, but find that I need about an hour to do my demo, and then 20-30 minutes to bake my item. Usually things don't get rolling till 7/7:30 -----so the draw slips are being done around 8:15/8:30, and the recipe is done around 8:30/8:45. Is this too long???

How long do your shows go??
When do you start?
When do you leave?

Your demo and cooking should be within an hour or as close to as possible. Most people nowadays don't want to sit thru an hour demo then have to wait another 30 min before they can eat. Make sure you are only doing one recipe (unless there are more than 15 people in the room) and dont demo every product, just the ones that really mean something to you or the new stuff. leave them wanting more- then they'll book their own shows.

I've gotten lots of compliments since I've reduced my time because so many people are in a hurry or just dont have the time to sit for a few hours--they feel they could be doing so much more. (even though they are probably the ones that need the break!) My bookings have increased too because hosts dont think they need to spend the entire day for the party, just a few hours. On the week nights, I usually start by 7 (get to her house at 630) and end and out the door by 9-930. then she has time to clean up and put kids to bed, etc.

Same here. Occasionally a show will go longer because of the number of guests (more guests means longer intro time and more questions), but generally at my 7:00 shows I begin my demo by 7:15. I'm done by 8:15, and usually out the door at about 9 p.m.--later if my host wants to close her show that night.

I agree with Ange that most people like a shorter show, especially on a weeknight. I've been told horror stories about shows that never seemed to end. As a matter of fact, one of my hosts went to one.

She had booked a show while at a show, so she knew what my shows were like. My show was the first one she had been to in several years. Between that show and hers she attended a show done by another consultant. The consultant's demo took over 2 hours. The show started at 6:30 p.m. She began taking orders at 9 p.m. My host says she never wants to attend one of that consultant's shows again. She also said that if she had been to that show before mine she probably would never have gone to another PC show.

She loves the products, and probably would have ordered, but she felt like the consultant completely disrespected the guests' time.

I arrive about 60 to 45 mins before. My shows are supposed to start @ 6:30, but the closest I've EVER gotten is 6:40. Depending on the "FUN" level of the crowd, My demo is usually over by 7:45 or 8pm. I take orders while people are eating. Most of the time I talk with my host while I'm packing up. After that I sit and talk with her about her orders, bookings and recruit leads. I am normally out of her house by 9 or 9:15. Last friday, it was 10pm. My host and I just really connected. We have kids the same age and we know some of the same people. She was a guest at my VERY 1st show.

my timeDuring the week I set my shows for 630. I arrive about 6 to set up. My demo last about 30-45 minutes. If I am cooking a recipe I demo it first and then while it is cooking I will hit some highlight in the book, play games, or demo a 2nd recipe that does not cook. I keep the recipes I demo that cook down to about a 20 minute cook time. I prefer to do one that you can precook the crust or let the crust cook while you are demo'ing. I do not want my guest or host to have to be there all night. I normally out of there by 830. I know when I go to shows as a guest I do not want to sit there all night and I try to put myself in their shoes.

I usually have shows start at 7 (do on time drawing at 7:04 to begin). I get there around 6-6:15 & am usually packing my car by 9-9:30. I have a question though for those of you who have a 30 minute demo--does that include intros? I can never seem to get the food for everyone to start eating in less than an hour. It's usually about 8:15-8:30 that we're eating/doing orders. How can you get through intros & the demo, along with hitting booking, recruiting, monthly specials & not feel like rushing, all while being done an hour after you start?

pamperedgirl3 said:
I usually have shows start at 7 (do on time drawing at 7:04 to begin). I get there around 6-6:15 & am usually packing my car by 9-9:30. I have a question though for those of you who have a 30 minute demo--does that include intros? I can never seem to get the food for everyone to start eating in less than an hour. It's usually about 8:15-8:30 that we're eating/doing orders. How can you get through intros & the demo, along with hitting booking, recruiting, monthly specials & not feel like rushing, all while being done an hour after you start?

One thing I've started doing is waiting until the demo is in the oven, and then doing a "get to know you" time. I introduce myself to everyone as they arrive, and give them a nametag, and then at the beginning of my show I intro. myself and tell a little about why I love PC, and thank the host for opening her home, etc....and then begin the demo. As the demo is in the oven/microwave, I have everyone tell what their favorite PC product is and one way they love to use it - for those who are new, I have them mention one product that they've seen demo'd or talked about that they would love to own! (my rules for this time - a product can only be mentioned one time, and the quick-kut, citrus peeler, twixits, and mini spatula cannot be mentioned:D ) This has really cut down on the total time of my show! And people love to hear about what other guests own and love from PC! I intersperse booking, host & guest specials etc.....during the time that everyone is sharing their favorite products -for example - when someone mentions the chopper, I say that most of my hosts get this for free at their show...etc...

I have a binder that I put the following in and go over during my intro:

Last page of the catalog to show host benefits
Flyers for the current and next months host and guest specials
Round Up from the Heart Flyer
Wedding Registry Flyer

When I begin, I think the host for the show and give her whatever my thank you gift is. I then ask the guest to turn to the last page of the catalog and go over the yellow box. Here I throw in the booking benefit. Then I use my binder to go over the specials and other flyers.

Then I have them pull out there order form and go over it.

I then do my demo. I throw booking in while doing the demo, like saying "I got my chopper free for signing up" and just throw little tid bits in. I try to use whatever the special is during my demo too and will mention it when I use it and if I use anything that is a future special.

If it is something that is being cook, then I save my games and any other additional information for then. I also take orders from anyone that is ready while the food is cooking too - I have never waited until everyone is finished eating unless they are not finished with their order. Most of my guest place their order and then go eat. Then I start gathering my things as they are eating, then I will eat and mingle with them, and when they start leaving I will put my things in my car.

ange13 said:
Your demo and cooking should be within an hour or as close to as possible. Most people nowadays don't want to sit thru an hour demo then have to wait another 30 min before they can eat. Make sure you are only doing one recipe (unless there are more than 15 people in the room) and dont demo every product, just the ones that really mean something to you or the new stuff. leave them wanting more- then they'll book their own shows.

I've gotten lots of compliments since I've reduced my time because so many people are in a hurry or just dont have the time to sit for a few hours--they feel they could be doing so much more. (even though they are probably the ones that need the break!) My bookings have increased too because hosts dont think they need to spend the entire day for the party, just a few hours. On the week nights, I usually start by 7 (get to her house at 630) and end and out the door by 9-930. then she has time to clean up and put kids to bed, etc.

Ditto the above...I just recently had a party where a guest's exact words were "Thanks for keeping it short." My director Susan Kaufmann, who is a National Executive...she thinks it is essential for your demo to be no longer than 30-45 minutes...and since I have started shortening mine, I have received some great feedback. As far as feedback goes...i now pass a drawing slip out that has a section for comments/suggestions and a lot of people have been filling that part out too...so if you can handle constructive criticism, or some nice praise...you can try it out too.

pamperedgirl3 said:

You have to pick and choose what you will do. Sometimes we just can't fit it all in. I really have to sit down and think through my demo before I ever get there. If I know there will be 10+ people, I just have them say their name and how they know the host...short and simple. If there are less, you can have them talk about their fav. pc product. I started doing a booking and recruiting commercial so I can still get those in...but it really helps with fitting everything in. And I've already told guests at the beginning that they have to listen to my commercials, so they know it is coming.

I guess it all depends on the crowd and the area you are in.

On average my shows are 7:30 for 8pm start. I'm usually finishing orders at about 10:15pm. Depending on the group of ladies I sit and chat for 10-15 minutes and am usually on the road home for about 11:00pm. I've had the odd show go later though, but am always home for midnight. It's been working fine for me, the ladies I seem to see want a "night out" so an hour is too fast for them.

My director takes even longer than I do and she's never had anyone complain. She has a super high show average too, so obviously it's working for her.

1. How long does a Pampered Chef show typically last?

Our shows usually last between 1-2 hours, depending on the number of guests in attendance and the type of demonstration being done.

2. Can I request a shorter show if I have a busy schedule?

Yes, we understand that our customers lead busy lives and we are happy to accommodate your schedule. Please let your consultant know if you need a shorter show and they will work with you to create an efficient and enjoyable experience.

3. What if I have to leave early during the show?

No problem! Our consultants are prepared to wrap up the show quickly if needed, and they will make sure you receive all the necessary information and have the opportunity to place an order before you leave.

4. Are there any breaks during the show?

Yes, our consultants usually take a short break during the show for guests to mingle, ask questions, and place orders. They may also take a break in between different segments of the demonstration to set up new products or answer any additional questions.

5. Can I host a show during a specific time frame?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to work with you to find a convenient date and time for your show. We understand that everyone's schedule is different and we want to make sure you have the best experience possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CathyBob
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dianafeller
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • MrsNetNut404