• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Late Is 'Too Late' to Follow Up?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's experience as a consultant and their hesitation to follow up with potential customers. They discuss the idea of sending out mini-catalogs with a personal note to refresh the customers' memory and potentially generate new bookings and orders. They also mention using labels on the catalogs to promote their business and encourage follow-up calls. The conversation concludes with the idea that it's never too late to reach out and make connections with potential customers.

How would you follow-up with long-past booth/show contacts?

• Just DO IT! - what have you to lose?

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • Refresh the memory - Send them a mini-catalog and then follow up.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • "Pampered" What? - forget it and move on.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other (please expound your idea).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
esavvymom
Staff member
When I first started as a consultant back in September, I got an opportunity to work a booth shift at a major home show. I had several contacts from that- of course, being new, and scared to pick up the phone (still am), I never contacted them- except via mail when I sent catalogs and a "Thank you for stopping by" letter. I have only heard from one since then (back in December) and she placed an order.

But I'm wondering- is it too late to contact these others? I'm thinking about sending the new mini-catalog first, and then follow up maybe a few days or a week after they'd have gotten the mini. Maybe that would refresh their memory about having met a Pampered Chef lady somewhere. I doubt they'll remember much more than that. :) I may put a hand-written card/note in there to help.

What do you think? My contacts are limited for contacting folks for shows. I had a few good leads that I just wasted by not following up. Most were just registering for a free prize, but a few really liked the stuff (or were former consultants! - DUH on my part!~).

I don't think it is too late. I like the idea of sending them out a mini catalog and calling them with in the week. New products are a great excuse for calling.

You'd be surprise what will happen when you pick up the phone. i just started last sept also and was nervous to follow up w/ people i had met at a craft show. Some people were actually glad to here from me b/c they had wanted to book a show or order something but either forgot to call or lost my info.

now is a great time to call them to let them know of the upcoming specials and tell them the new products come out soon.

And the more phone calls you make, the easier it becomes. Find a quiet room and have a list of people to call- and key points to talk about.

Let us know how you make out.

Time flies for people. It seems like forever b/c you intended to follow up right away, but to them it may not seem like a long time. I'm following up with people I met beginning of November and they all have known exactly who I am and appreciate the call.

It's NEVER too late.

Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how I look at it. Right now you have X number of bookings. If you do it you could have X + 1 or X+2, etc but if you don't then you still just have X.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
This is how I look at it. Right now you have X number of bookings. If you do it you could have X + 1 or X+2, etc but if you don't then you still just have X.

Hey Sarah have you been contacting any Schatighoke(i can't spell it you know what i mean!) :) Fair people recently? Those are my leads I kind of let lie myself. I like this idea of sending out mini catalogs with a personal note. I'd been thinking of mailing some stuff out myself but time has not been on my side.

I have attached labels that I am putting on my mini-catalogs, then before I send them out, I call them, (hoping to get machine) but even if I reach them it is fine- I say I am so excited about our new products coming out in March, and that we have many budget recipes $2 or less a serving, and I do not want them tomiss out, so I am mailing them out a mini catalog, and I will follow up wiht a phone call in a week or so to see if there is somehting that they need, or to book a show, etc. I say that so that they will exoect the catalog, and then expect me to call them. I got this idea from a sister director. She has been making 10 calls a day, and mailing 10 catalogs, and she is getting great results. 1 label has my info, I put that in the regular spot upper right, then the other 2 (booking and recruiting) go on the lower left, right underneath the Learn More.

Attachments

• Label mini_catalog via Dorothy.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 439
mrssyvo said:
I have attached labels that I am putting on my mini-catalogs, then before I send them out, I call them, (hoping to get machine) but even if I reach them it is fine- I say I am so excited about our new products coming out in March, and that we have many budget recipes $2 or less a serving, and I do not want them tomiss out, so I am mailing them out a mini catalog, and I will follow up wiht a phone call in a week or so to see if there is somehting that they need, or to book a show, etc. I say that so that they will exoect the catalog, and then expect me to call them. I got this idea from a sister director. She has been making 10 calls a day, and mailing 10 catalogs, and she is getting great results. 1 label has my info, I put that in the regular spot upper right, then the other 2 (booking and recruiting) go on the lower left, right underneath the Learn More.

That's a great idea! Thanks!

Last week I called people from Fall 2005 - most were impressed that I not only had their info still, but that I did follow up.

Kate, were those that you followed up with folks that you had never followed up with in the past, or had you already made a phone call to them back in 2005? I was thinking about touching base with guests from my 2007 shows that I may have done cc with, but would love to update them.

It's never too late. You're talking about September - that's yesterday. CALL!

Even if it's been a long time (years), just say that you are updating your files and...

I have index cards with info that people put on their booth slips since last June. I always note where I met them in the upper right corner. I call them at least once a month. This week, I decided to follow up with mini-catalogs (new ones) to some of the people I talked to last week. My Upline Cluster is doing a Booking Blitz tomorrow and I am going to add 8-10 of those "haven't made contact with" people to the list of those I am calling. It can't hurt!!

Did it! I may be in the minority, but after doing this last year and calling people from 2 years prior, where I had no idea how I met them. My opinion and advice would be to call them. For 1 it's FREE! (I love FREE) For 2 you can then gage if they want further contact from you. I would call and say Hiya Beth, this is Cheryl with the Pampered Chef, How are you?
_response_ a bit of chit chat
Well since I have you on the phone do you mind if I take just 2 minutes and ask you a couple of goofy questions?
_says YES, of course :)_
1. Have you ever thought about owning your own business? (answer, chat etc)
2.Would you love for me to come and cook for you and your friends so you can see what's new with The Pampered Chef and get some of the goodies for FREE? (answer, whatever)
3. Well, Thank you for your time, just one last thing, Would you like to join my email newsletter list? Before you answer, let me tell you what you can expect...(explain)
_response_
Great! Thank you so much for your time and have a happy spring!

**Actually this was originally Cheryl's 4 goofy questions ( I would say since we are on the phone can I borrow you for 2 minutes and ask you 4 goofy questions?)
BUT, since I trained on this so much last year, and I really didn't have a 4th question, I just liked leaving myself the option, I have now changed it. In this neck of the woods it will always be "Cheryl's 4 goofy questions" :)
Hope that helps.
Honestly for me, I just wanted to get the contacts DONE, it was like a big pile of guilt calling to me. Think of it as a task, like cleaning out the fridge. Good luck and keep us posted :)
xoxo,
Cheryl

Koolotus said:
Did it! I may be in the minority, but after doing this last year and calling people from 2 years prior, where I had no idea how I met them. My opinion and advice would be to call them. For 1 it's FREE! (I love FREE) For 2 you can then gage if they want further contact from you. I would call and say Hiya Beth, this is Cheryl with the Pampered Chef, How are you?
_response_ a bit of chit chat
Well since I have you on the phone do you mind if I take just 2 minutes and ask you a couple of goofy questions?
_says YES, of course :)_
1. Have you ever thought about owning your own business? (answer, chat etc)
2.Would you love for me to come and cook for you and your friends so you can see what's new with The Pampered Chef and get some of the goodies for FREE? (answer, whatever)
3. Well, Thank you for your time, just one last thing, Would you like to join my email newsletter list? Before you answer, let me tell you what you can expect...(explain)
_response_
Great! Thank you so much for your time and have a happy spring!

**Actually this was originally Cheryl's 4 goofy questions ( I would say since we are on the phone can I borrow you for 2 minutes and ask you 4 goofy questions?)
BUT, since I trained on this so much last year, and I really didn't have a 4th question, I just liked leaving myself the option, I have now changed it. In this neck of the woods it will always be "Cheryl's 4 goofy questions" :)
Hope that helps.
Honestly for me, I just wanted to get the contacts DONE, it was like a big pile of guilt calling to me. Think of it as a task, like cleaning out the fridge. Good luck and keep us posted :)
xoxo,
Cheryl

THAT's GREAT...and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the great script!
I am sending out a few of the mini-catalogs with a note (working on addressing them right now actually), but I will follow-up with a phone call, and I love your script. And I think the 4th question would be something like "Can I send you a recipe?" or something along those lines.

Okie Dokie...I feel better! :sing: And yes, I will post results- as they come in. Great ideas, and hopefully someone else gets some great tips too.

It's never too late!

I actually recently did calls to leads I got from a Women's show I did in May 2008! The slips were lost in my home office nightmere (until Leadership, I had no control over those darn slips). I had 1 response that said yes, would like to host. I called once, maybe twice after the show, didn't get a hold of her. Didn't call again. I recently called, said you stopped by the booth at Women's expo last may we never connected, thought I would try now. She said great! Before I could get anything out, she said "I want to book a show". And viola - show booking. So....I say - nothing to loose, and it's never to late!

kcmckay said:
Hey Sarah have you been contacting any Schatighoke(i can't spell it you know what i mean!) :) Fair people recently? Those are my leads I kind of let lie myself. I like this idea of sending out mini catalogs with a personal note. I'd been thinking of mailing some stuff out myself but time has not been on my side.

I did actually. I sent them all a letter and a mini catalog. One lady emailed me and asked for a full catalog. I sent her a new spring one as well as info about having a catalog show. (she's about 2 hours away.) At the very least it looks like I'll get an individual order out of the deal! :)

esavvymom said:
THAT's GREAT...and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the great script!
I am sending out a few of the mini-catalogs with a note (working on addressing them right now actually), but I will follow-up with a phone call, and I love your script. And I think the 4th question would be something like "Can I send you a recipe?" or something along those lines.

Okie Dokie...I feel better! :sing: And yes, I will post results- as they come in. Great ideas, and hopefully someone else gets some great tips too.

You are welcome!!

Well, I just got about 10 mini-catalogs, a recipe card, and a personal note/handwritten note sent out today, and I plan to start calling them probably Thurs/Friday (only a day to get delivered). I'm going to work on more tonight. It takes awhile to hand-write the notes!! :D I'm glad to hear that even though it may have been awhile, it's never too late, and thanks to several of you for the words to use! They are words that 'fit me'. :)

1. How late is considered "too late" to follow up with a customer?

There is no definite answer to this question as it can vary depending on the situation and the specific customer. However, as a general rule, it is recommended to follow up within a week after initial contact or after a purchase has been made. If you have not heard back from the customer after multiple attempts to follow up, it may be best to move on and focus on other customers.

2. Is there a specific time of day that is best for following up with customers?

The best time of day to follow up with customers can also vary, but it is generally recommended to follow up during business hours. This shows that you respect their time and are not contacting them outside of their work or personal hours. However, if you know your customer's schedule and they have specific availability, it may be better to follow up during those times.

3. How often should I follow up with a potential customer?

It is important to find a balance when following up with potential customers. Following up too frequently can come across as pushy or annoying, while not following up enough may make the customer feel like you are not interested. A good rule of thumb is to follow up no more than once a week, unless the customer has expressed interest in a specific timeframe.

4. What should I do if a customer has not responded to multiple follow up attempts?

If a customer has not responded after multiple attempts to follow up, it may be best to move on and focus on other customers. You can also try reaching out through different methods, such as a phone call or a handwritten note, to see if that gets a response. However, it is important to respect the customer's decision if they are not interested.

5. Can following up too late have a negative impact on my relationship with the customer?

Following up too late can potentially have a negative impact on your relationship with the customer. It may make them feel like you are not reliable or attentive to their needs. However, if you apologize for the delay and explain the reason for it, you can still salvage the relationship. It is always better to follow up late than to not follow up at all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • AprilM