1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do you roast garlic?

1. A guest at a show asked if we had a garlic roaster. I said no, but I was sure that our stoneware would work for the task. Just wondering if anyone knows how to roast garlic in our stoneware.

Thanks!!

2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

We used to...

have a garlic roaster. It was a mini stone bowl with a small round bottom (small version of the mini baker). Some people like to cover the garlic. She would be able to use the mini baker and cover it with foil. But she might be looking for a garlic roaster. I know other companies have them...but I don't know! Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
    Jan 26, 2006
  3. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I roast garlic all the time, but I have never covered it. I just put mine in the small oval baker and drizzle olive oil over it. I bake it at 400 for about 20 minutes. Delicious!!!

Jan 26, 2006
  4. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

Do it the Emeril way!

Here's Emeril's directions for roasting garlic.. And we all know Emeril knows what he's doing!

Roasted Garlic:
    2 heads garlic, upper quarter removed
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    Salt
    Ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Place the garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet and rub 1 teaspoon of oil into the top of each head. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until the cloves are soft and golden, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Squeeze each head of garlic to expel the cloves into a bowl. Mash into a paste. Set aside until needed.
    Yield: 1/4 cup Note: Each head of garlic makes approximately 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic

Since it's just at 350`F, you could roast it in a piece of cookware, or in stoneware.. (although I thought you were supposed to cover 2/3 of the stoneware surface when baking with it, so I don't know how a handful of heads of garlic would work if that's true.. maybe a good use for the mini bar pan or small round stone?)

Jan 26, 2006
  5. Awesome Ideas...

Thanks for the ideas and the quick response. I am going to see this guest at another show tomorrow night and now can sound intelligent! :D Thanks!!!!!

6. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

Great idea, but I thought foil hindered the cooking process with a baking stone. I was told that one of the trouble shooting suggestions was to ask if they had foil on the bottom of their oven if so to remove it.

Jan 27, 2006
  7. fruit76loop

Foil?

I have never heard of this about foil...hmmmm. :confused: ..has anyone else heard this? I don't use foil often as I have the bowl and the lid for the rectangle. But occasionally I use foil to cover my lasagna while it is baking and I have not seen a difference!

Let me know if anyone else has any input on foil! :)

Jan 27, 2006
  8. ChefKeender

ChefKeender Novice Member

No problems with foil

When baking chicken breasts in my Bar Pan, I always cover with foil. I have never had any problems. They always turn out beautifully.

Jan 27, 2006
  9. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

Your reply got me searching for the post I saw the info in. I guess I'm the confused one :) I know I read another one some where else about putting foil in the bottom of your oven.
    Q: Can I use aluminum foil to cover the top of the 9" Square Baker, Rectangular Baker, Deep Dish Baker, etc.?
    A: Aluminum foil can be used to cover the top surface of foods, such as pizza, or placed over the top of the 9x13" Baker, etc., to act as a cover. However, foil should not cover the baking surface of the stoneware because it will block the beneficial effects of the stoneware. Remember, you can cover the top of foods with foil or use it as a cover, but you do not want direct contact with the baking surface and aluminum foil.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
    Jan 27, 2006
  10. fruit76loop

Thanks

Thanks Brooke!

I thought I had been telling people the wrong information for years! From one Bauman to another :D ...I appreciate your taking the time to clear this up!

Smiles,

Jan 27, 2006
  11. ChefKeender

ChefKeender Novice Member

Oops, I may have been unclear

When I bake chicken breasts, I put the foil over the top of the chicken, not the pan itself. I agree that it probably would not be a good idea to place the foil directly on the stone.

Jan 27, 2006
Have something to add?