• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Julienne Carrots With Us&G

In summary, the conversation discusses tips for julienning food, specifically carrots, with the US&G product. Some suggest cutting the carrots into smaller pieces and using the food holder, while others prefer using a julienne peeler. It is also recommended to rotate the carrot while cutting and to always use the guard to prevent accidents. Personal experiences with injuries while using similar products are also shared.
Chef Laurie
I'm relatively new at using my US&G and am wondering what the best way is to julienne food, especially carrots. Couldn't seem to get it to work easily, without a lot of elbow grease. I know this isn't how it's supposed to work, and I'm sure it's I, not the product. Any tips on this--I want to demo it at my next show and want to be confident about it.

I'm finding that the food holder doesn't seem to be big enough to hold the food I want to slice. I've heard that some people start out without the food holder, but I'm a little afraid to do this--eek!

To julienne carrots with the US&GI cut the carrots in smaller pieces about 2-3 inches. Push them onto the holder and cut away. It does require time and practice, therefore I don't usually demo that one. I am also one who does not use the holder until I get to the last 1/2 of the ingredient. I always use the guard on the smaller items. (there's already a post on the US&G regarding guard / no guard)
Personally, I like our little julienne peeler. Even though the stips are thinner, it's quicker for me.

OuchAs I sit here and type this I have a bandange on my index finger. I too was trying to do carrots on Fri. My husband and my son both reminded me to use the guard and I was having a hard time with it, and decided to forgo it. I took off the tip of my finger! Thank God I wasn't at a show.My vote? Use the guard! I thing I will stick to a knife! :eek:

Rotate the carrotTry rotating the carrot as you julienne it. I suggest using the paring knife, it small, sharp for sure and good grib. Hold onto the end of carrot and rotate as you go along. By cutting this way, the carrot cooks evenly. That's just the way how the chinese prepare thier carrot for stir-fry dish. :)

Margaret Sadoian
Kitchen Consultant

Yup,

Many years ago I sliced the tip of my pinky in half using one of those mandolin style slicers. I was cutting zucchini with it. Required a dozen stitches. I vote for using the guard ALL THE TIME. I still have a big scar to remind me!

LOL!

How Do I Julienne Carrots with Us&G?

To julienne carrots with Us&G, you will need a julienne peeler or a sharp knife. First, wash and peel the carrots. Next, cut off the ends of the carrots and slice them in half lengthwise. Then, use the julienne peeler or knife to cut the carrots into thin, matchstick-like strips.

Do I Need Any Special Tools to Julienne Carrots with Us&G?

While a julienne peeler or sharp knife is recommended for julienning carrots with Us&G, you can also use a mandoline or vegetable spiralizer. However, a julienne peeler will give you the most precise and consistent results.

How Thin Should I Cut the Carrots for Julienne?

The thickness of the carrot strips will depend on your personal preference. However, it is recommended to cut the carrots into thin strips, around 1/8 inch thick, for the best results when using Us&G.

Can I Julienne Other Vegetables with Us&G?

Yes, you can use Us&G to julienne a variety of vegetables, such as zucchini, cucumber, and bell peppers. Just follow the same steps as you would for julienning carrots.

What Dishes Can I Make with Julienne Carrots Using Us&G?

Julienne carrots can be used in a variety of dishes, such as salads, stir-fries, and vegetable noodles. They also make a great addition to soups and stews. Get creative and try using them in your favorite recipes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
floccies
  • ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies