• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Describe a Cooking Show?

In summary, a Pampered Chef cooking show is a fun and unique party where the host invites friends and provides ingredients while the consultant comes and cooks for them. Guests get to relax and learn new tips and tricks while enjoying a delicious meal. The show also showcases Pampered Chef tools and products, with special bonuses and discounts for the host. It can be compared to a cooking class or the food network, but with the added bonus of getting to eat the food. Overall, it's a fun and entertaining way to learn about cooking and kitchen products.
AJPratt
Silver Member
How do you Describe a Cooking Show to someone who isn't familiar with PC?

Tell them all they have to do is invite their friends, open up their house, and provide the ingredients (unless you do that one). Tell them that you come in and cook for them and their friends while s/he kicks back and relaxes and earns free and reduced priced stuff. S/he and friends get to see new products for their kitchens and learn all kinds of new tips and tricks to help them get in and out of the kitchen faster.

I hope I got it all.

I think I have a bit more of an advantage. I "sell myself" as a guy who will come into your home, cook for you AND clean up after it is all done. Everyone I have said that to gets a kick out of it.

I also like to compare cooking shows to the food network, only at our shows the guests get to sample at the end! Definately point out you're trying to help make cooking fun & fast, so they can enjoy the meal with their family.

Jason-that is a good point....most women are impressed when a man will do one of those things, let alone all of them:)

O, I forgot what I was told at conference last year, it's like watching the food network, but better, EVERYONE gets to eat, it's like smell-o-vision, OOOO, there was something else, but obviously my brain froze right now, I know I will remember after I hit submit, lol, I will have to come back later.

Our Cooking Shows are an opportunity to invite your family and friends over,
for a unique party during which they will be entertained, learn how to prepare a new recipe, and taste some great food. They will see many of the quality tools and products Pampered Chef sells, and our hostess' receive special bonus discounts, and privileges for holding the party. Often our guests receive free products for placing a designated size order. I know you will have a great time, if you are a host or a guest at one of our parties.

Does anyone call it a cooking class or offer a cooking class?

I seem more prone to call it a cooking class when I'm dealing with kid's shows.]b/c I really just teach the kids how to make the recipe and don't talk about the products....but normally when asked about a cooking show, I say its like a cooking class, and like mentioned above in other posts, very similar to the the cooking shows on TV, but you actually get to eat the meal we make...
Cheers,
Angela
:D

I explain it very simply....

you get to have your friends over, I cook for you and you get to see some great kitchen tools.... you can't go wrong!

everyone usually laughs when I say it too! :D

When people ask, "What do you do?"

I say, "Oh, I love my job! I do cooking shows in people's kitchens for them and their friends! I teach people how the right tools can get them in and out of the kitchen in a hurry with delicious results! I'm a Pampered Chef consultant!"

Thanks for the great suggestions!

1. What is a cooking show?

A cooking show is a type of television program that focuses on teaching viewers how to prepare and cook various recipes. These shows often feature professional chefs and home cooks demonstrating cooking techniques and sharing their recipes.

2. How would you describe the format of a cooking show?

The format of a cooking show typically involves a host or chef demonstrating and explaining the steps of a recipe while the camera captures close-up shots of the food being prepared. Some cooking shows may also include segments on cooking tips, ingredient substitutions, or interviews with special guests.

3. What are some common elements of a cooking show?

Some common elements of a cooking show include a set kitchen, a host or chef, ingredients and cooking equipment, and a variety of food recipes. Many cooking shows also incorporate music, graphics, and special effects to enhance the viewing experience.

4. Are there different types of cooking shows?

Yes, there are several different types of cooking shows. Some focus on a specific type of cuisine, such as Italian or French cooking, while others may center around a particular cooking method, such as grilling or baking. There are also competition cooking shows, where multiple chefs compete against each other to create the best dishes.

5. How do cooking shows benefit viewers?

Cooking shows can benefit viewers in many ways. They provide inspiration and ideas for new recipes, teach cooking techniques and tips, and can help improve overall cooking skills. They may also offer entertainment value and serve as a source of relaxation and enjoyment for viewers who love food and cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The Pickler