• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do U Set up for a Craft Show/Bazaar?

or given out a free consultation. When I've done shows, I have not demoed anything, and depending on where you are, if you give out samples you may have to conform to health code rules (so I've always foregone that). I had one show where I collected a lot of orders, but my focus has been on getting bookings and, to a lesser extent, recruiting. Can you borrow a banner from someone in your line? It helps to have something up high so that people can identify what you are doing from further away. I have also done a door prize drawing in order to collect contact info, sometimes I've given away something bigger,...or given out a free consultation.If you want
heykim00
DO u have any pics... I have 4 coming up and would like them to be appealing to the eyes... but I need serious help! TIA :)

sorry im no help but id love to see what everyone does. this is something i really want to get in to.

I don't have any pictures, but I try to have one of each catagory at my table. I use a neutral color table cloth with my PC banner in the front and I try to make it very festive. I put flowers in by TB and I try to use some of the more colorful SA pieces that I have. I've found that a more simple table attracts more people. Good luck!!!

I have pics of both a bridal fair and a farmers market. I will try to post them in just a minute

Bridal Fair PicsHere are some pics of a Bridal fair I did. They are kinda dark (duh) but you get the idea.

100_0561.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0563.jpg

Farmer's Mkt PicsHere are my pics for the Farmers Mkt. that I have. Much brighter but the products got "washed out". Hope these are of help to you. I do have signsbut the wind is quite strong most days that I end up having to chase them down if I don't clip them to something.

100_0848.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/yklav/100_0849.jpg

100_0851.jpg

tHOSE ARE AWESOME!!! It looks like I'm the right track after seeing your pics.... not to much but definately a variety!!!

Thanks a bunch!

If you are able to, put your tables up in a "u" shape like Valky did...then people are walking INTO your booth.

Keep it simple...too much stuff and folks will be overwhelmed and walk by.

Last fair we did was very small and all we brought to display was the entire new consultant kit- including the apron and the consultant tote. It's nice, because each "line" that we carry is included!

If you have a larger area, you could set up the new consulant kit on one table, something "festive and entertaining" on another and Host specials coming up on another...

There is also a really good CD on the supply list called Building Your Business with Booths. It's from the Leadership 2007 Conference. The speakers said to keep it clean and simple. They use the new consultant's kit just for the reason that Kelly said: it shows something from each line. I do booths all the time and found that drawing them in to your booth helps. Also, never sit behind the booth, it shows people you aren't interested in them. Always stand in front of or beside (depending on how the tables are arranged) and invite them into your booth. Hope that helps!

Deb

I have the opportunity to go and set up a table at a bazaar this weekend for a few hours. Forgive my ignorance, but what do consultants usually do?

- do a non cooking (or prepped) demo?
- obtain orders?
- set up shows?
- recruit?
- all of the above?

This was just something I was offered late last night I'm unsure how to go about this opportunity on Sunday morning. All I have to start with is my new consultant kit and 2 posterboards. Eek!! (help??)

Those pictures are great! here's another of my dumb questions though. My stones are ugly (as they should be);) , do you have "show" stones that you use for fairs? Most of my items from my new consultant kit are showing lots of wear, like my food chopper has scratches on it, the cutting board is looking kind of shabby too. Should I invest in some "show" pieces?

Joelen said:
I have the opportunity to go and set up a table at a bazaar this weekend for a few hours. Forgive my ignorance, but what do consultants usually do?

- do a non cooking (or prepped) demo?
- obtain orders?
- set up shows?
- recruit?
- all of the above?

This was just something I was offered late last night I'm unsure how to go about this opportunity on Sunday morning. All I have to start with is my new consultant kit and 2 posterboards. Eek!! (help??)

When I've done shows, I have not demoed anything, and depending on where you are, if you give out samples you may have to conform to health code rules (so I've always foregone that). I had one show where I collected a lot of orders, but my focus has been on getting bookings and, to a lesser extent, recruiting. Can you borrow a banner from someone in your line? It helps to have something up high so that people can identify what you are doing from further away. I have also done a door prize drawing in order to collect contact info, sometimes I've given away something bigger, other times I've offerred everyone who enters a free show. Good luck--and go for it, you never know what will happen in 2 hours!

ooh... thanks for mentioning the banner and reaching out to my cluster members. I hope they'll have one I can borrow! I feel a little better about preparing. Thanks so much for your input! :)

yummy4tummy said:
I have pics of both a bridal fair and a farmers market. I will try to post them in just a minute

Just curious, how long (hrs) do you set up in a days time, and you bring all that stuff.

I love it and that is what I would do but people tell me that's way too much

Also do you do a drawing, maybe giving away apple wedger, apple corer, vegetable peeler, bar cutting board, hold 'n slice, etc

Just maybe to get more people into your booth, even draw the name at the end of the day and have a sign put up saying who won each week. What do you think about that idea

~

My stones are ugly (as they should be) , do you have "show" stones that you use for fairs? Most of my items from my new consultant kit are showing lots of wear, like my food chopper has scratches on it, the cutting board is looking kind of shabby too. Should I invest in some "show" pieces?
I have duplicates of most of my stones...not out of necessity but just how I prefer to have "back-ups" for home and have my kit ready to go. I DO show what a new stone looks like and what you want it to look like (a well seasoned bar pan). I don't believe that it's necessary to purchase "show items". Even if you did, they too would get scratched up no matter how hard you try. I believe that it shows the durability of the items and the "battle scars" add to your longevity in the business. Most people understand that their tools would look a little battered if they had to pack them around day in and day out.
Just curious, how long (hrs) do you set up in a days time, and you bring all that stuff.
My FM is from 3-7 pm. I start setting up at about 1:45. I set my kitchen timer and start tearing down at 6:45. I am usually packed and heading out at about 7:20.As far as sampling...I don't do that (just the added expense of a health certificate). What I do DO is I demo me prepping something tied in with the FM, like the Salad and berry spinner, or a stir-fry (I have an electric burner) and then I have something for me to eat while I am there. LOL. One time I made some salsa...brought some chips and someone just walked in my booth and helped himself. The good thing is that he liked it! I hope this answered all the questions.

thanks for the tips!! I have 2 coming up in October,but only 1 that i have to set up for

On the "ugly stone" question - I bring 3 or 4 stones. One that looks brand new, one sorta seasoned, and my good old large round stone that is almost black. I've gotten lots of compliments on showing them that way. It draws people to the stones and they are curious as to the different colors which gives you a chance to explain why they are so wonderful! They can feel the difference. Works great for me!

Related to How Do U Set up for a Craft Show/Bazaar?

1. How much space do I need for my Pampered Chef booth at a craft show or bazaar?

The amount of space you need will depend on the size of your display and the number of products you plan to bring. We recommend at least a 6ft by 6ft space to comfortably set up your products and interact with customers.

2. What type of table should I use for my Pampered Chef booth?

We recommend using a sturdy, 6ft long table for your display. You can also consider using a tablecloth or table runner to add a pop of color and showcase your branding.

3. How should I organize my products for a craft show or bazaar?

It's important to have a clear and organized display to make it easy for customers to browse and purchase your products. Consider grouping similar items together and using risers or shelves to create different levels and add visual interest. You can also use labeled baskets or containers to keep smaller items organized.

4. What type of signage should I have at my Pampered Chef booth?

Having clear and eye-catching signage is key to attracting customers to your booth. Consider having a large banner or poster with your business name and logo, as well as smaller signs with product descriptions and prices. You can also have business cards or brochures available for customers to take with them.

5. How can I make my Pampered Chef booth stand out at a craft show or bazaar?

In addition to having a well-organized and visually appealing display, you can also offer product demonstrations or samples to attract customers. Consider having a small cooking station set up to showcase some of your products in action. You can also offer special promotions or discounts for customers who make a purchase at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • leftymac